Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

FYI we just had a custom cake made and delivered to us at CSR using a former Disney CM who started a baking business after being furloughed during covid. The cake was huge, delicious,totally custom and half what Dianey would.have charged. Fed our party of 20+ and it was $90 delivered.
I would love the name too, of the former cm cake baker!

We ordered a cake from Amorette's Patisserie--one of the standard character cakes. We chose chocolate chiffon with a white chocolate filling. It was DELICIOUS! It fed a party of 14 with leftovers, and was less than $70. The only downside was they could only do two words for personalization.

Mary Poppins theme - delivered to GF Cafe for birthday dinner (it was STUNNING. Several tables came over to take pics of it)

View attachment 780444

3rd birthday cake:
View attachment 780445
First birthday cake:
View attachment 780446
We had a coordinating smash cake, too, but I don't have a pic without him in it.

These were all from Daisy Cakes, who is AMAZING to work with. He lives behind MK so it's also easy to pick up from his house (which we have done, too!). I've also ordered custom cookies from him.

He was on vaca for his 2nd birthday so we had this cake done and delivered to Riviera for brunch at Topolino's by Juan's Cake Paradise (also found on the Ear For Each Other group):

View attachment 780447

Hope that helps!
Oh my goodness! Do you have their info? I google searched and keep getting a company from Shark tank

Haven’t tried it yet, but wish the portraits were on solid chocolate pieces vs fondant (was gum paste not fondant) and more secure (melted with the candles and the frame broke off if one during delivery. The cake was very detailed and beautiful (pictures don’t do it justice.) I feel he made it more haunted mansion themed rather than just copying the design above which I loved. 6 inch $155 delivered (pumpkin flavor) by Daisy cakes.

Our server at Boma did light up the candles she provided (did not sing with us despite it being not so crowded). She did bring us plates (we chose not to cut it). They would not keep it cold and bring it out after dinner (advantage ordering from Grand Floridian or Contemporary bakery if it’s a surprise). It was waiting at bell services at AKL so I had to keep it with us at our table the entire time.

59B8F86B-77E2-46C3-8D2C-EBC530FEDBFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got to try my cake (after half a park day and MNSSHP). It was hard to cut with a plastic knife. The cake is really soft, fresh and flavorful (not too sweet). Fondant seems similar to what the Grand Floridian uses (edible and not disgusting) and can be easily peeled (thick layer of icing vs thin fondant. Top of the portraits melted so I cut them out of the pictures below.

C932D26A-9BB5-417B-97D7-071CEF86B00E.jpeg6FD9F3B1-2CE4-49F2-B308-631CC025C5E6.jpeg

Edit: his fondant tastes like maple toffee (I ate chunks of it alone). It was so good. I told him not to add maple to the vanilla buttercream (a mistake). It would have enhanced the pumpkin flavor. The cake was huge so we had to remove a shelf in the Art of Animation fridge. The suite fridge is bigger than normal and can fit a 64 oz of milk container depth wise.

Last edited:
I ordered a “Dinosaur” themed cake from Sherry’s Sweets
(407) 340-6920
Sherry0911@aol.com
It was beautiful. Tried to order from Contemporary and Grand Floridian before being referred to her in previous post. They were both unable ( or unwilling) to do dinosaurs.
She was able to create “edible” dinosaur figures that I wanted and not just plastic toys.
I can’t seem to get picture to post here, but there is a picture of it in her Facebook page.
It was delivered to our resort and kept in frig by bell services until we needed the cake. Pictures of lots of other beautiful cakes and goodies on her FB too.

I ordered a “Dinosaur” themed cake from Sherry’s Sweets
(407) 340-6920
Sherry0911@aol.com
It was beautiful. Tried to order from Contemporary and Grand Floridian before being referred to her in previous post. They were both unable ( or unwilling) to do dinosaurs.
She was able to create “edible” dinosaur figures that I wanted and not just plastic toys.
I can’t seem to get picture to post here, but there is a picture of it in her Facebook page.
It was delivered to our resort and kept in frig by bell services until we needed the cake. Pictures of lots of other beautiful cakes and

Here's the cake pic!

Dinosaur_Cake_Sherris_Sweets.jpg

$77 total. Yes, it was 6 inch.
More than enough for our group. We are not big cake eaters, but for grandson’s birthday and first trip I wanted a “WOW” birthday cake. He is a true dinosaur lover. We had early dinner at T-Rex and surprised him with cake when we returned to the villa.

Last edited:
We just celebrated a birthday at Flying Fish and ordered a cake to be delivered there. It was a 6" confetti cake with milk chocolate mousse. It tasted very fresh! My only request was for them to use a birthday Mickey image. Otherwise, I left the overall design as "chef's choice." We thought it was cute for a first birthday!

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpeg
    IMG_0620.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 78
Thank you!

They actually called back today and I was able to order our cake for May 4th!

Here is what we ordered for anyone curious. All at my daughter’s request for her birthday:

6 inch strawberry cake with fresh strawberry and bavarian cream filling. Buttercream frosting with pastel rainbow colors. A rainbow and painted white chocolate Minnie Mouse figure on top.

I will post a photo when we get it at Chef Mickey’s 🥰

Side note: We were speaking with an outside bakery, but decided it would just be easier to have Disney deliver it to the restaurant since we are staying somewhere else.
Shame it's not Star Wars theming as 'May the 4th be with you' would be a great cake message :D

We just celebrated a birthday at Flying Fish and ordered a cake to be delivered there. It was a 6" confetti cake with milk chocolate mousse. It tasted very fresh! My only request was for them to use a birthday Mickey image. Otherwise, I left the overall design as "chef's choice." We thought it was cute for a first birthday!
Who made the cake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter