• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I just ordered a Dopey inspired mini cake with Pat for DH's bday. We are having it at O'hana in two weeks! I wanted a big hat and ears but due to licensing restrictions Pat is not able to do the hat. She suggested yellow buttons on the top tier with purple icing. Then, the bottom will be green with a buckle on it. I will post pics once received.

I'd get it at 1900 Park Fare or have it delivered to Trattoria al Forno (you don't have to pick up BW Bakery cakes if you're dining at a restaurant on the BoardWalk).

Here's a the Mad Hatter minicake @Cluelyss had delivered to 1900 Park Fare last year for $50:

Mad%20Hatter%20Minicake_zps21qocswj.jpg

Just to update, contacted Pat at the GF and ordered this cake for delivery to our breakfast at 1900PF. Chocolate cake with cookies and cream mousse filling. Quoted $45. I'll post pics when we get home. Am going to try calling the Boardwalk for our other Up themed cake but am preparing myself for disappointment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Is there any place that has a list of what cake/filling flavors are available for mini cakes? I’ll be ordering from GF for delivery to Kona Cafe.

I just ordered a Dopey inspired mini cake with Pat for DH's bday. We are having it at O'hana in two weeks! I wanted a big hat and ears but due to licensing restrictions Pat is not able to do the hat. She suggested yellow buttons on the top tier with purple icing. Then, the bottom will be green with a buckle on it. I will post pics once received.
I just realize that I ordered the cake we didn’t discuss filling. Does this type of cake usually have a filling in it? Should I call back and add one?

I had been lurking on this thread for a while and took the plunge and ordered a cake to celebrate our anniversary. I ordered it through Pat at the Grad Floridian to have it delivered to O'hana for dinner. It turned out perfect and was super yummy. It did have a lot of frosting, but I am a frosting junkie so I didn't mind. My hubby likes plain cake, so it was just yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.
41854500620_3134813841_m.jpg
41854504640_8fbf45acca_m.jpg

Last edited:

I see wedding cake flavors in the first post...I didn’t think as many options were available in mini cakes. Did I miss something...?
From the first post:
“What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. See the Disney Cake Options By Location post or call the Cake Hotline to speak to someone about the options where you are staying or dining.

What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resort pastry teams and Epcot can accommodate certain special requests. Some pastry teams charge more for specialty flavors. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. Note that carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings are not available for mini cakes.

This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these.”

Basically you can request any of the wedding cake flavors/combinations for your mini (besides carrot cake or fresh fruit fillings) but your best chance for having a flavor besides the standard chocolate or vanilla is from the GF bakery.

I had been lurking on this thread for a while and took the plunge and ordered a cake to celebrate our anniversary. I ordered it through Pat at the Grad Floridian to have it delivered to O'hana for dinner. It turned out perfect and was super yummy. It did have a lot of frosting, but I am a frosting junkie so I didn't mind. My hubby likes plain cake, so it was just yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

Beautiful!

From the first post:
“What flavors are available?
Options vary by location, but there is always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. See the Disney Cake Options By Location post or call the Cake Hotline to speak to someone about the options where you are staying or dining.

What if I want red velvet/carrot cake/something besides chocolate or vanilla?
Most bakeries have limited flavor options, but Deluxe resort pastry teams and Epcot can accommodate certain special requests. Some pastry teams charge more for specialty flavors. Your best bet is to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian, whose bakery is responsible for most of the wedding cakes on property. Note that carrot cake and fresh fruit fillings are not available for mini cakes.

This is a list of flavors for wedding cakes from the Grand Floridian—guests have had varying degrees of success getting non-wedding cakes made in these.”

Basically you can request any of the wedding cake flavors/combinations for your mini (besides carrot cake or fresh fruit fillings) but your best chance for having a flavor besides the standard chocolate or vanilla is from the GF bakery.

Thanks for the information. I didn’t understand that from reading the post. I’m more of a math person...reading comprehension hasn’t ever been my strong suit.

Super cute! Interested in price. Looks like an 8 inch?

Thanks I ended up ordering fondant lol only because my son is getting chocolate buttercream underneath.

It was my first experience ordering a cake. My daughter loved it so much that she’s hinting about getting another “surprise” cake the next time we go! We’ll have her best friend along this time, so I’m going for a 6-inch covered in fondant, which she LOVES.

:sunny:

B4ED4CE9-CCAF-4DA7-85EF-86E2A0CDBED5.jpeg This was the 6 inch cake delivered to our room at Bay Lake Tower. It was vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. I believe it was $32, including gratuity and delivery fee. It was enough to feed the three of us for two nights and still have left overs. I didn’t ask for any specific decoration other than the personalization.

Hi! New to the cake thread - hoping to order my own birthday cake for our stay (during my birthday) at BLT in Sept. Probably to have delivered to the room but I'm tempted to save the $ on delivery fees and schedule dinner at the Wave on our first night instead. Either way, it'd be at the Contemporary.

Has anyone seen any Disney cakes with regular sprinkles? Not the Mickey head ones... I was thinking we'd do a 6 inch cake and if I had my choice, it would be similar to this one (without the topper obvs):

ultimate-diy-sprinkle-cake-4.jpeg

The Mickey sprinkles won't give as tight of a look. :/

I also love the look of this but haven't come across anything similar from the Disney bakery:
1cbb918dd4fe1ae0404be92d6aa1d305--cake-for-baby-girl-baby-girl-birthday.jpg

I've spent waaaay too much time scrolling through cake threads and haven't come across anything similar but I may have missed it or they may just not be willing to do them. The sprinkle cake seems fairly easy from a labor/talent standpoint but I am the world's worst baker so what do I know?

Anyone seen them create something similar?

Hi! New to the cake thread - hoping to order my own birthday cake for our stay (during my birthday) at BLT in Sept. Probably to have delivered to the room but I'm tempted to save the $ on delivery fees and schedule dinner at the Wave on our first night instead. Either way, it'd be at the Contemporary.

Has anyone seen any Disney cakes with regular sprinkles? Not the Mickey head ones... I was thinking we'd do a 6 inch cake and if I had my choice, it would be similar to this one (without the topper obvs):

ultimate-diy-sprinkle-cake-4.jpeg

I also love the look of this but haven't come across anything similar from the Disney bakery:
1cbb918dd4fe1ae0404be92d6aa1d305--cake-for-baby-girl-baby-girl-birthday.jpg

I've spent waaaay too much time scrolling through cake threads and haven't come across anything similar but I may have missed it or they may just not be willing to do them. The sprinkle cake seems fairly easy from a labor/talent standpoint but I am the world's worst baker so what do I know?

Anyone seen them create something similar?

I've not yet seen photos similar to either one of those, but will be interested to hear if anyone has experience with them! For the first cake, if you ask the CR bakery, it might help to describe the decorations as nonpareils. They might think sprinkles are the tiny short tube-shaped candies instead of the dots. And the nonpareils (the dots) definitely create a more smooth look! In any event, I've always enjoyed working with the CR bakery - sending those photos should definitely help. And they are quick about letting me know what they can and cannot do - or checking on it and providing a timeline for getting an answer!

Amateur baker here - to be more specific, the round sprinkles are called nonpareils. When you call and ask, if you use that instead of the word "sprinkles" it might help clarify exactly what it is you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter