Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

if you call Amorette's, can you just get any cake they make in store delivered to your resort? are there any pricing estimates?

I may have asked this before, and sorry if I did, but has anyone ever had luck ordering 1 cake with 2 different themes? When we go in August, it will be my youngest's birthday and my oldest just graduated 8th grade. I am trying to find the most economical way to do it, and wonder if they will decorate a 6 or 8" half birthday, half graduation???:tink:

My first cake experience was a hit! Called Pat at the GF two weeks before our arrival to order an Incredibles-themed two-tier mini cake for DD’s birthday. I said I wanted it to be simple and elegant, no characters or anything since I thought that would be appealing to her. I asked for chocolate cake with raspberry mousse, but Pat said my only choices were either white chocolate or strawberry mousse. No problem, strawberry mousse sounded just as delicious. I wanted it to be delivered to Narcoossee’s on our first night. It was really cute and DD was so surprised and tickled pink! It definitely looked better in person though. It was also very delicious. Since the decor was fairly simple, it was $45.

View attachment 325789

Hi can you tell me if your cake was covered in fondant or buttercream? Thanks.

My gf doesn't like cake but loves ice cream cake. Do they offer ice cream cake?

Thanks

Unfortunately, the Disney pastry teams do not. But you could order ice cream at the restaurant or from room service to go with your cake!

if you call Amorette's, can you just get any cake they make in store delivered to your resort? are there any pricing estimates?

Amorette's does not deliver to the Disney resorts. You'd need to go pick up the cake.

I may have asked this before, and sorry if I did, but has anyone ever had luck ordering 1 cake with 2 different themes? When we go in August, it will be my youngest's birthday and my oldest just graduated 8th grade. I am trying to find the most economical way to do it, and wonder if they will decorate a 6 or 8" half birthday, half graduation???:tink:

I see this a lot with wedding cakes, so I don't know why you couldn't have it done with a birthday cake...

1092_zpsvoktwo0e.jpg
\

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake_zpstzugo5q3.jpg

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake%202_zpsn28zg7im.jpg

Hi can you tell me if your cake was covered in fondant or buttercream? Thanks.

That cake is covered in smoothed-out buttercream. The logo was printed on white chocolate and adhered to the buttercream.

Unfortunately, the Disney pastry teams do not. But you could order ice cream at the restaurant or from room service to go with your cake!

Amorette's does not deliver to the Disney resorts. You'd need to go pick up the cake.

I see this a lot with wedding cakes, so I don't know why you couldn't have it done with a birthday cake...

1092_zpsvoktwo0e.jpg
\

That cake is covered in smoothed-out buttercream. The logo was printed on white chocolate and adhered to the buttercream.

Thanks the CR finally got back to me at 1am last night and they are quoting me much higher for my cake that's similar but I was asking for fondant not buttercream so I want to see if that was the difference...

Last edited:
Thanks the CR finally got back to me at 1am last night and they ate quoting me much higher for my cake that's similar but I was asking for fondant not buttercream so I want to see if that was the difference...

Yes, fondant always costs more than buttercream because it adds an additional step.

Yes, fondant always costs more than buttercream because it adds an additional step.

Thanks I am waiting for them to confirm a few things for me and I will post my order and the prices they will all be fondant.

Does anyone have a photo of a nice cake for two people that’s character themed or castle themed for a happy birthday? Lol way to many pages to read through.

Ok I ordered 4 Mini Cakes:
All covered in Fondant:

Cake 1: Princess and the Frog Inspired Vanilla buttercream under the fondant Almond Cake with Amaretto Mousse and Raspberry Jam $89

Cake 2: Tangled Inspired Vanilla buttercream under the fondant Vanilla Cake with White chocolate mousse $71

Cake 3: Big Hero Six Inspired Vanilla buttercream under the fondant Vanilla Cake with White chocolate mousse $71

Cake 4: Incredibles Inspired
Chocolate buttercream underneath the fondant Chocolate cake with Strawberry mousse $71

I'm a little less then a month out from my Trip so I'll post pictures and reactions next month.

Thanks for your help.

Has anyone ordered from boardwalk bakery lately? How was your cake? We are staying at SSR but usually eat at a place serviced by the Contemporary just so we can get our cake from the CR. I don't have any CR restaurants booked this trip so we'd need to use Boardwalk bakery in order to get a cake. Our cakes from the Contemporary have always been amazing and I don't want to be disappointed.

Has anyone ordered from boardwalk bakery lately? How was your cake? We are staying at SSR but usually eat at a place serviced by the Contemporary just so we can get our cake from the CR. I don't have any CR restaurants booked this trip so we'd need to use Boardwalk bakery in order to get a cake. Our cakes from the Contemporary have always been amazing and I don't want to be disappointed.

It wasn't lately (2010), but I ordered a cake to Turf Club at SSR, which was done by Boardwalk Bakery. I didn't ask for anything in particular in terms of theming (it was a birthday cake for my mom and another family member), but it was possibly the best cake I've ever had. It was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate mousse filling. I was a little worried it would be chocolate overload, but it was so good and not overdone.

Im so excited Ive never ordered any specialty items or cakes before (other than received Disney florist flowers) I am suprising hubby with a 2 tier mini cake at our CG brunch that we have on our GF arrival day. George over at CR is working with me , it will be topped with the white chocolate castle covered in edible glitter and the piped mickeys will match our wedding colors,,
Im having a slipper dessert sent for my daughter at Chef Mickeys when she takes my grandson her nephew there while her bro proposes at Coral Reef that night. and my grandson will get a special welcome to Disney cupcake that George will design for his first visit.
Now Im waiting for epcot to call me back about the cake I want to send to Coral Reef as a congratulations...I am kinda hoping for a mini two tier but I don't see it on the list, I may end up just doing the dome mickey then which will still be good bc its my sons gf first Disney stay...Im just concerned about the leftovers, their dinner is at 640 and they will want to walk around Epcot maybe see Illuminations after and Lord knows what that would do to that cake lol

How much is the delivery fee and gratuity on cakes?

Having a mini tier cake delivered to Coral Reef and California Grill and then a slipper and cupcake to Chef Mickeys

1092_zpsvoktwo0e.jpg
\

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter