Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Well keep your fingers crossed for me, I ordered a cake for the first time in about 8 years, and here is hoping I get something nice. My last two experiences were less than awesome so I am not that hopeful that this will work out. We are getting a cake sent to the Hoop Dee Doo at the end of the month . I called the number, left a message, they called back within 30 minutes or so. I told them that I wanted to have a yellow cake, chocolate buttercream, and I wanted it "Tiki Themed". She replies, quickly, "oh no, we can't do that!" I was all, why not? I said ok then, can you make it Polynesian inspired or Trader Sam's inspired? She replied, "Oh yeah, we can do that!"

Sigh.

Anyway, they are charging me around $75, she told me I don't want fondant, (there was a lot of that actually. her telling me what I DON'T want), and she said check with your waiter when you get there.

Yeah, I am not that hopeful on this one. BRING ME SOME GOSH DARN DISNEY MAGIC CAKE PEOPLE!

Please let me know how it goes! I just ordered (3) Mini Cakes for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and the lady responded very similar. I want each one to me "themed" after a princess (Elsa, Mulan, & Ariel) for my daughter and nieces. She quickly told me that they don't do that. I responded that, that is odd because I've ordered them in the past and there was no problem theming them after Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Sofia the First. She put me on hold and came back and said, "Oh... Well we can do it, but it's an extra $30." That is more than what I spent in the past, but I knew it was an additional cost and said that was fine. She quickly said that there is really no guarantee what they will look like though. Awesome... Lol.

So I'm hoping you come back and update us on your cake so I have something to expect! Thanks!

Have a question for you all! We're looking to order a cake for my 30th birthday and trying to decide where to have it delivered. We have reservations for the tea at GF on my birthday, so I know we'd go through their bakery for it, but I'm worried that the tables will be too small to accommodate a 6-8" cake with the other things we'll get from the tea (especially since there will be 3 of us). The other option would be to order from the Boardwalk Bakery and then bring it into our dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh, but I'd really like to avoid that hassle!

Any ideas or experiences with this?

Anyone have pics of Haunted Mansion cakes that they ordered and would be kind enough to share? I've come across quite a few threads but the pics are expired or no longer available. Also anyone have problems getting in touch with the staff @ GF to order a cake? I've left a voicemail but no return call yet.

Just FYI, we ordered a cake from boardwalk bakery and brought it to Via Napoli. I asked boardwalk bakery when I ordered, if this was okay and was told, absolutely people do that all of the time. When I checked in, I informed VN that I had a birthday cake from boardwalk bakery, they said okay. We had a giant white box sitting on our table the whole meal and no one said a thing. However, when I asked our waiter if the restaurant had a candle to put in the cake, a manager came over and said NO outside food is allowed in the restaurant. He made a big deal out of it, then said I will make an exception this one time. I tried to explain to him that boardwalk bakery was unaware of this policy but he wasn't having it. Everything turned out okay in the end but it put a big damper on an otherwise fantastic day. The cake was really good, white cake with raspberry mousse and buttercream. However, it was a really short cake. The one I got for my birthday last October was more elaborate, twice as tall and about $30 less. Any rhyme or reason why some are 4 layers and others are 2??? Both were 8in fondant cakes?

Quick question - I am staying at the cabins in Fort Wilderness and planning to go to Ohana for a special dinner to celebrate my son's 18th birthday later this year. I was thinking about getting a special cake for him. However, after the dinner, I wanted my family to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween at MK. My question is - would I have any options to store the leftover cake? I mean, would Ohana hold for me until I can pick it up or do they have a way to send it back to my cabin like stores do for merchandise? Has anyone ever had any experience in dealing with this? Just trying to know if I have any options.

Thanks!

Quick question - I am staying at the cabins in Fort Wilderness and planning to go to Ohana for a special dinner to celebrate my son's 18th birthday later this year. I was thinking about getting a special cake for him. However, after the dinner, I wanted my family to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween at MK. My question is - would I have any options to store the leftover cake? I mean, would Ohana hold for me until I can pick it up or do they have a way to send it back to my cabin like stores do for merchandise? Has anyone ever had any experience in dealing with this? Just trying to know if I have any options.

Thanks!

Ohana can't hold it for you and Disney won't transport food. Your only option will be a locker at MK probably.

This sort of veers off topic a little, but it seems like this thread is the most relevant one I could find :)

I want the mickey celebration cake delivered to AKL. The issue is I also want two sets of Mickey Ears from disney floral and gifts. I can't find an option to have the ears delivered separately; is it possible to get the cake and the ears delivered by them? Or will I have to resort to ordering the ears and having them delivered in the mail and getting the cake from AKL bakery separately? I don't want the package with the autograph books they have because we won't use them and they drive up the cost substantially!

Thanks!

I've checked through the thread a bit but I'm just double checking. If I ordered a cake for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue does it come from GF bakery? If so then I need to talk to Pat and they often won't do a 6 inch?

I ordered an amazing 10" Splash mountain in 2015 from Brian. No fondant but chocolate cake with peanut butter and ganache filling and chocolate frosting. Best cake I've ever had. I'd prefer to use the Contemporary but we're staying at AKV. We're eating at Chef Mickey's later in the week so I guess I could wait and get it then.

All 3 kids want their own cake this time so I was going to go with 6 inch and spread them out over the stay.

Also can you get a strawberry cake? If not any recommendations for a strawberry flavored cake?

Have a question for you all! We're looking to order a cake for my 30th birthday and trying to decide where to have it delivered. We have reservations for the tea at GF on my birthday, so I know we'd go through their bakery for it, but I'm worried that the tables will be too small to accommodate a 6-8" cake with the other things we'll get from the tea (especially since there will be 3 of us). The other option would be to order from the Boardwalk Bakery and then bring it into our dinner reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh, but I'd really like to avoid that hassle!

Any ideas or experiences with this?

I would not worry about this at all. I've seen plenty of folks get celebration cakes at Gardenview Tea Room, and table size has never been an issue.

I figured that was the case. I will have to factor that into my decision. Thanks for the response!

One other thing you could do is check the leftover cake with Bell Services at the Polynesian. But then you'd have to go back to get it.

This sort of veers off topic a little, but it seems like this thread is the most relevant one I could find :)

I want the mickey celebration cake delivered to AKL. The issue is I also want two sets of Mickey Ears from disney floral and gifts. I can't find an option to have the ears delivered separately; is it possible to get the cake and the ears delivered by them? Or will I have to resort to ordering the ears and having them delivered in the mail and getting the cake from AKL bakery separately? I don't want the package with the autograph books they have because we won't use them and they drive up the cost substantially!

Thanks!

Disney Floral & Gifts will deliver just the ears directly to your room. Just call the number on the website. The only times I've ever ordered from them, I was already checked in, but I'm sure they just have you call back when you know your room number. Or they deliver to the resort and then you can call the front desk to get them brought to you. Then you can order a custom cake separately from AKL rather than paying $$$ for the generic cake offered by Disney Floral and Gifts.

I've checked through the thread a bit but I'm just double checking. If I ordered a cake for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue does it come from GF bakery?

No. Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are serviced by the pastry team at the Contemporary.

Also can you get a strawberry cake? If not any recommendations for a strawberry flavored cake?

Disney only offers strawberry as a filling, not as a cake flavor. It would be either fresh strawberries or a strawberry-flavored mouse (well, or a combo of the two).

Anyone have pics of Haunted Mansion cakes that they ordered and would be kind enough to share? I've come across quite a few threads but the pics are expired or no longer available. Also anyone have problems getting in touch with the staff @ GF to order a cake? I've left a voicemail but no return call yet.

Haunted Mansion cake ideas from past Cake Chatter Threads....

1513775_10205965894210296_884702878420638354_n.jpg

HMGroomsCake.jpg

HMGroomsCake2.jpg

HMGroomsCake3.jpg

HMAnnivCake.jpg

HMAnnivCake2.jpg

hmcake1_zps0xbwqale.jpg

hmcake2_zpssgsg2xko.jpg

Buttercream%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake_zpsnahylbq9.jpg

Haunted%20Mansion%20Side_zpspawgf1s3.jpg

Haunted%20Mansion%20Epcot%20Cake_zpsxtudejrv.jpeg

Haunted%20Mansion%20Mini%20Cake_zpsvmp4nppc.png

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake_zps2hpyrmd1.jpg

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake%202_zpsn28zg7im.jpg

I would not worry about this at all. I've seen plenty of folks get celebration cakes at Gardenview Tea Room, and table size has never been an issue.

One other thing you could do is check the leftover cake with Bell Services at the Polynesian. But then you'd have to go back to get it.

Disney Floral & Gifts will deliver just the ears directly to your room. Just call the number on the website. The only times I've ever ordered from them, I was already checked in, but I'm sure they just have you call back when you know your room number. Or they deliver to the resort and then you can call the front desk to get them brought to you. Then you can order a custom cake separately from AKL rather than paying $$$ for the generic cake offered by Disney Floral and Gifts.

No. Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are serviced by the pastry team at the Contemporary.

Hooray!!! So I can order all my cakes through the Contemporary! Thanks so much!

Disney only offers strawberry as a filling, not as a cake flavor. It would be either fresh strawberries or a strawberry-flavored mouse (well, or a combo of the two).

One more quick question - I ordered a cake from GF to be delivered to our room at the Poly. She charged my credit card full amount and this isn’t until May 26th. Is that how it typically works? I asked if she can drop me an email so at least I have some kind of confirmation as to the charge but haven’t received anything yet.

One more quick question - I ordered a cake from GF to be delivered to our room at the Poly. She charged my credit card full amount and this isn’t until May 26th. Is that how it typically works? I asked if she can drop me an email so at least I have some kind of confirmation as to the charge but haven’t received anything yet.
When I ordered from Pat for delivery at SOA I was charged immediately as well.

Does anybody know if cake delivery to Trattoria al Forno? If so what bakery number would I call? Would love a cake delivered for breakfast to kick off my moms birthday week and her retirement from nursing. 42 years!

Does anybody know if cake delivery to Trattoria al Forno? If so what bakery number would I call? Would love a cake delivered for breakfast to kick off my moms birthday week and her retirement from nursing. 42 years!
It’s at the Boardwalk and is serviced by the Boardwalk Bakery. The phone number can be found in the first post.

Last edited:

I ordered a cake from GF and it was added to our meal bill at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter