Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

these aren't disney cakes but these were made for us for our kids by my wife's friend if it gives anyone ideas. i have a bunch of disney ones from trips over the years i'll post up in a bit. these were from her first 2 years of doing cakes i think.

sorry if they should not have been posted but i thought it might give people ideas for park ones. . .

IMG_5985 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3870 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_0093 by Jim, on Flickr

Is anyone else having a DIFFICULT time reaching the Contemporary Resort Custom Cakes hotline (407-824-2955)? I have been trying them for 2 WEEKS now For a Birthday Cake order (All I get is their Voicemail Box!) I have left them countless messages including my contact info, with no CM reaching back out to me yet... However I have had some luck with them responding to my emails!! We are leaving for WDW in a weeks time, and we would like to have this Birthday Cake order in place for when we arrive, but so far NO LUCK!

Is there something I am doing wrong or are they just SWAMPED with orders right now??

I have even tried calling directly to Amorette's Pastisserie (407-934-3500) leaving my info and no one has called me back from there either...

Any information y'all can help me out with would be GREATLY appreciated!! :earsboy:

At Disney now. We just ordered from them and it was pretty difficult. And besides the filling being yummy we were very disappointed in what we got for $142. And wasn't very close to what we asked for. I sent a picture too. Should have done the Mickey head cake.

The cake was absolutely delicious, and being a baker, I'm very picky. At the price offered, and given the perfect size and taste and ease of ordering, I honestly don't know why anyone would want to spend more or go through the hassle of ordering a custom cake. And did I say I'm a baker and I love custom cakes??
View attachment 293548 View attachment 293547

Thanks for sharing your pics & thoughts about the Mickey Celebration cake! My birthday is coming up...March 11. Having dinner at Cali Grill
Unfortunately, I have to order my own birthday cake, sad as that is. :o
My good friend Georgiann will be there at WDW with me but she is a Disney Newbie, and doesn't know anything about ordering cakes.

I really love the Chocolate Mickey Celebration cake, it looks so yummy!
Problem is that there is only the 2 of us. Looks like we will be eating cake for days. LOL
I was tossing around the idea of ordering a 2 Tier Mini cake, but sounds like that will cost more than the Mickey Celebration cake.
Suggestions appreciated!

So if staying at the Beach Club, they will deliver a cake to your room? I just have to call the private dining number? I like the mickey celebration cake, maybe the vanilla one.

I had a cake delivered to our room at Yacht Club, so I imagine they'd have no problem doing the same at Beach Club.

I gave them a rough time frame of when to deliver it, and it was on a linen-covered table with plates, silverware and napkins waiting for us when we got to the room! It was a great surprise for my bestie for her birthday!

At Disney now. We just ordered from them and it was pretty difficult. And besides the filling being yummy we were very disappointed in what we got for $142. And wasn't very close to what we asked for. I sent a picture too. Should have done the Mickey head cake.
Finally got a callback from the CM at the contemporary resort! Took several days to speak directly to somebody, but once we did they were very friendly and helping us get the order submitted.

$86 Fondant Red Velvet Mickey Birthday Cake and vanilla buttercream filling, topped with chocolate Mickey ears. I will post pictures of it once they serve it to us during our Chef Mickey’s breakfast ADR a week from today.

I recommend anyone trying to get a custom cake (My experience has been solely with the Contemporary Resort Order system) to do so ahead of time. The time and took us to get a hold of somebody on the phone (7 DAYS) would have put us way beyond the 72 hour advance notice window required to get this cake ordered. I’m not sure if this was because of an unusually busy season, however thank goodness we did not procrastinate!

I searched and didn't find anything, but does anyone have any photos or heard of anyone doing a 4th of July themed cake. Really wanting a mini tier cake at Yacht Club with July 4 theme to come back to after Epcot.

Also a follow up question if at Yacht Club they will deliver it to your room correct? And do you need to be in the room when they do?

My son will turn 15 right before our trip and I had a cake made for his 5th birthday but not sure what if anything has changed. We would want the smallest cake as it is just the two of us. We only have a few adr's chef mickeys and ohana, can someone show me pics of the smallest cakes from those places?

My son will turn 15 right before our trip and I had a cake made for his 5th birthday but not sure what if anything has changed. We would want the smallest cake as it is just the two of us. We only have a few adr's chef mickeys and ohana, can someone show me pics of the smallest cakes from those places?

The smallest would probably be a 2-tier mini cake, but those are often more expensive than a regular 6" from what I understand.

The smallest would probably be a 2-tier mini cake, but those are often more expensive than a regular 6" from what I understand.
Definitely! I paid more for a two tier mini cake for my anniversary than my sister did for an 8 inch cake for us.

here are the over the past few years cakes. a mix of everything. First is our 2 favorites.

This was from Brain at the Contemporary Bakery for us at the Castle when they still delivered. My daughter's first birthday.
IMG_2718-Edit by Jim, on Flickr

My other favorite from Animal Kingdom Lodge Bakery for my parents'. Modified Zebra Cake.
IMG_0246 by Jim, on Flickr

Ok the worse one. And this thing was more than the other 2. This is when Brian went MIA from the Contem Bakery for a bunch of months. lol This think was $130.00. I knew I was getting a cutout of Ariel and friends which are totally fine but the rest I think is just cheap. The rocks ruined it I feel and my buddy thought the same. I thought my dad was going to kill me when I told him what it cost. but he was already mad about the 600.00 meal that was a salt lick when the Cal Grill first reopened. Literally a salt lick. you put that food in our backyard you would have a family of 20 deer out there licking it.
I just expected more from them based on the first cake.
IMG_4908 by Jim, on Flickr

modified princess cake for cindy's castle for our neighbors' kid's first trip.
IMG_7415 by Jim, on Flickr

Plain celebration vanilla cake cause the yachtsman felt bad about the night before at california grill. this is our favorite place. we know a lot of the staff and got talking about how the cal grill was just not good the night before. they were asking what we thought. they asked so we told them. lol
IMG_4999 by Jim, on Flickr

chocolate celebration cake for our friends' first trip.
IMG_7188 by Jim, on Flickr

me and my buddy trying again for an ariel cake for our daughters but this time went cheap. celebration cake that we added to. lol beach club bakery.
IMG_9754 by Jim, on Flickr

learning from above mentioned cake that you can add to a celebration cake and save a lot of money and get the same effect that a 6 year old will not notice the difference. lol animal kingdom bakery.
IMG_4376 by Jim, on Flickr

me and my buddy trying again for an ariel cake for our daughters but this time went cheap. celebration cake that we added to. lol beach club bakery.
IMG_9754 by Jim, on Flickr

learning from above mentioned cake that you can add to a celebration cake and save a lot of money and get the same effect that a 6 year old will not notice the difference. lol animal kingdom bakery.
IMG_4376 by Jim, on Flickr
Just curious, what did the celebration cakes you added to cost? They look great :)

10-15 dollars for the image with white chocolate scroll and they added the other stuff. that was for this one and the frozen one. i didn't know they were adding the other stuff.

my wife and myself think it's the best bang for the buck and the cakes are always good. they are always fresh and taste good we feel.

jim

Can I get a cake from boardwalk bakery and bring it to Via Napoli? I know VN has their own cakes per the 1st page but my DD9 wants a dolphin cake and it doesn't sound like VN does decorated cakes.

Finally getting around to posting the pictures of the custom cake I ordered from the Contemporary in October 2017. This was a 10-inch cake and I believe the price was $111. It was delicious and I thought it turned out pretty good. The only compliant I had was that they were an hour late delivering it and I had to call twice. Normally that wouldn't have bothered me but the scheduled delivery time was 8am (cake for breakfast!) and I was anxious to get to MK for our first fast pass at 9:30!

IMG_7706.JPG

IMG_7703_2.JPG

IMG_7707_2.JPG

Last edited:
$172 Custom Cake

Quarter Sheet Cake covered in white fondant with film strip around the sides printed straight from their machine (as opposed to cut out fondant work). Small film reel on top (which broke before I could get a picture ). Vanilla cake with custard filling with fresh strawberries. $157 for cake plus $15 gold accented miniature Mickey statue.

This came to our event in the Napa Room at the Contemporary so I assume the Contemporary bakery made it.

It was cute, but to be honest, I had higher hopes for the cake for what we paid. They were supposed to put the filmstrip around all the sides and it came like this...

Attachments

• 276F1B36-F621-4673-90E9-10262EA04932.jpeg
    276F1B36-F621-4673-90E9-10262EA04932.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 14EE593A-3EB9-4486-986D-63241D91B077.jpeg
    14EE593A-3EB9-4486-986D-63241D91B077.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 236
I forgot to post our most recent mini cake. This was delivered to The Yachtsman. If anyone remembers my previous cakes, they know I prefer a minimalist look (I had a Belle birthday cake I posted last year - on page 10 of this thread - that is the best example of what I love). However, I wasn’t overly thrilled with this one. I wanted a clear Wall-E theme for my husband (his favorite movie) and I felt this one didn’t have anything special regarding Wall-E except the quote (and that came from me!). I also thought it looked somewhat sloppy. Definitely my least favorite of the cakes/mini-cakes I’ve ordered through Disney, but it tasted good (vanilla with buttercream) and my husband was surprised by it.

We have 3 cakes ordered for our trip at the end of the month, so I’ll be back to post those pictures 2DAF6304-89B8-44B2-98FA-274C63A02D97.jpeg

And one with the flash on, to better see the details:
604CFDAA-13EC-4B52-8EC8-4902AD6C1C45.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if The Crystal Palace has an option to get a birthday cake during breakfast?

We have a late breakfast scheduled for my 5 year old's birthday and would like to have a cake brought to the table if possible. In the past we ordered the cake at the podium when checking in, but that was for lunch. I just want to make sure that they will serve a cake during breakfast (I know it's breakfast but he's 5 and where else should you be able to eat cake at breakfast on your birthday :) )

Oh this is overwhelming! I want a cute cake for my son's 5th birthday. We will be at MK that day, not sure where for dinner that night but what's the cutest most Disney option? Price isn't a priority, good pictures and a happy boy are. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!