Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Oh gosh, I don't recommend trying to order for any of the All Stars. I got a lady, Heather, but she was at Music and she had no idea what a mini cake was, let alone the start price :( She was very helpful but having to run around tracking people down for about a week seems more hassle then it's worth.

Does anyone know if I can pick up a mini cake from the Boardwalk? Or the small Mickey dome ones? We won't be dining at a Disney owned property until Sunday (we check in on a Friday), which is a breakfast and later in our trip. Any ideas?
I cannot book another ADR.

Yes, you can call BoardWalk Bakery directly at 407-939-6355 to place an order for pickup. If the first person you talk to seems resistant to the custom cake idea, ask to speak to a pastry chef. The new Mickey dome cakes can be requested at the podium of any Disney-owned table-service restaurant, regardless of whether you're dining there. You just might have to wait a bit while someone goes to dig one up. So if you're in a park on Friday, you could go get one from any of the table-service restaurants (note that many of the restaurants in Epcot's World Showcase are not owned by Disney, so they will not have the cake. There's a list in Post # 2).

Last edited:
Yes, you can call BoardWalk Bakery directly at 407-939-6355 to place an order for pickup. If the first person you talk to seems resistant to the custom cake idea, ask to speak to a pastry chef. The new Mickey dome cakes can be requested at the podium of any Disney-owned table-service restaurant, regardless of whether you're dining there. You just might have to wait a bit while someone goes to dig one up. So if you're in a park on Friday, you could go get one from any of the table-service restaurants (note that many of the restaurants in Epcot's World Showcase are not owned by Disney, so they will not have the cake. There's a list in Post # 2).
Thank you!

I can easily show up for a dome cake at a nearby restaurant! Plus, it would help this thread to get more photos of the vanilla dome. If ASMo doesn't get back to me, I will for sure do that

When I just saw the title of this thread, and not who had started it, I was going to recommend that the original poster look for information from lurkyloo! :lovestruc
Happy but embarrassed smiley!

Ok has anyone gotten mini cake Dumbo themed? That is hubs fave character so the plan will be to order the mini cake - Vanilla cake, Strawberry mousse filling, vanilla buttercream frosting with a Dumbo theme (delivered to Le Cellier) .. 90 days to go as of today!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

All of this is incredibly overwhelming to me but I'm trying my best to sort it all out, lol. We've got dinners scheduled for Sanaa, Kona & Trattoria al Forno. Which is my best option for getting a cake (mini cake)? I'm guessing Trattoria since it's at Boardwalk?

ETA: can they do the tiers in 2 different flavors? SHE can't eat chocolate and I can't live either without it.

Last edited:
All of this is incredibly overwhelming to me but I'm trying my best to sort it all out, lol. We've got dinners scheduled for Sanaa, Kona & Trattoria al Forno. Which is my best option for getting a cake (mini cake)? I'm guessing Trattoria since it's at Boardwalk?

ETA: can they do the tiers in 2 different flavors? SHE can't eat chocolate and I can't live either without it.

Kona and Trattoria al Forno are serviced by pastry teams that are slightly easier to work with (AKL has been telling people "no mini cakes" recently). Mini cakes are too small to make the top tier a different flavor. I'd do two mini cakes or ask for two cupcakes instead (cheaper!).

No. Cupcakes are not a standard option and not all locations offer them. You just have to call the number listed in Post #2 for the place where you want them delivered and see if they are available and what flavors they can do.

We used to see a number of cakes with the big edible mouse ears on top (see pic from old Cake Chatter). I can't recall seeing any like this for some time now. Do they still do cake ears like this? Wondering if they stopped or if cost went up to the point that they've fallen out of favor. Thinking about it for an upcoming cake.
This was my daughters cake!!!!!!!

Do you remember how much you paid? Just thinking for budgeting.

I was quoted $35 for a two tier mini cake with A minnie hat on top at Chef Mickey's. I have called 3 or 4 times every afternoon trying to officially place the order for the last 4 business days, I'm going to try and call in the morning tomorrow and will hopefully have better luck!

I was quoted $35 for a two tier mini cake with A minnie hat on top at Chef Mickey's. I have called 3 or 4 times every afternoon trying to officially place the order for the last 4 business days, I'm going to try and call in the morning tomorrow and will hopefully have better luck!

To place the order you need to call Private Dining at the Contemporary, not the Contemporary's cake hotline. Call the main phone number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining.

From Post #2:
If you can't reach a real person via phone, call 407-824-3500 and ask to be transferred to Private Dining.

Looking for a anniversary mini cake, white with red dots, maybe a rose on top... any pictures??? Thinking I could order for Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner..... 22nd Anniversary.... something like this but only red?
25th2_zpshjqdmdlv.jpg

Last edited:
I have ordered a cake from Contemporary twice with great experiences. The last time was just this June and it was delicious and went smoothly (had delivered to CG and the time before that to our room). I have also ordered a cake from GF delivered to our room with just an OK experience.

We are staying 2 nights in Dec for my DD's Bday and for our last trip w/ our AP's (not renewing next year) and want to do a small cake or even cupcakes.
One night we will be at the Poly. One night at Beach Club. We will also be dining around both resort areas (not sure exactly where yet). I would rather NOT use the GF Bakery to have delivered to Poly room. I am willing to try Boardwalk Bakery to have delivered to Beach Club room but honestly, we've done room deliveries twice and my girls seemed so much more surprised and excited by getting it at the restaurant (when we went to CG) so I am kind of leaning towards doing it that way. We will be dining around MK/WL on the evening we stay at the Poly. Can someone please remind me of the cupcake option? I believe that is just for restaurants in MK, right? If we ate at say Whispering Canyon, I'd contact the Contemp. for a cake? We also may be dining in HS one of the nights, but that would be dealing with Hollywood Studios bakery, correct? Any suggestions or opinions on when/where to order from? It'd be something small like a 6" or a mini or cupcakes. Thank you.

:teeth: I usually call before noon (ET) on a weekday, later in the week.

Well, I did the opposite of what you recommended and called on a Monday afternoon, but it worked! :yay: I got someone who knew exactly what I was talking about and was able to put in my order. Now a coordinator is supposed to send an email that I can reply to with a picture of our wedding cake for them to recreate. I'm so excited to see it! Thank you for your help, and I'll report back with how it turns out!!

Hubby's birthday cake delivered to Le Cellier in Epcot. Mini cake - top tier chocolate, bottom tier vanilla cake. Darth Maul (his favorite Star Wars character) on top with a few Storm Troopers on the sides (DD's suggestion). Base price was $35. Added $10 each for the Darth Maul and Storm Trooper additions. After a big meal this was the perfect size for 3 of us. DD got the top layer (about the size of a cupcake) and hubby and I split the bottom layer. We were able to finish it with no leftovers and without feeling overly stuffed. I included a shot of the inside of the cake as I was surprised how many tiny layers they made with icing in between. It was really good

IMG_3980.JPG
IMG_3977.JPG

I have been meaning to post this for months!

This was a cake I was surprised with during March, 2017 for my birthday! It was ordered from the Contemporary and served at The Wave for dinner.

The price was $59 (before tax and tip) and the Stitch topper was added by my family. I know my sister spoke with Chef Brian via e-mail, but I am unsure of who she actually ordered it with.

It was a 6-inch vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling (no fruit) and chocolate buttercream icing. It was covered in yellow fondant and decorated like Lilo’s dress (from a more obscure scene in the movie. I personally find red, orange, and/or pink food dye to be a little more bitter. My family knows me well!) and Polynesian flowers. It was DELICIOUS and super fresh! We finished it over the next few days of the trip.

The Contemporary never disappoints! :-)

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 6.54.14 PM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 7.04.39 PM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 7.12.40 PM.png

Last edited:
I am willing to try Boardwalk Bakery to have delivered to Beach Club room

BoardWalk Bakery does not deliver to Yacht & Beach Club because Yacht & Beach Club has its own pastry team.

We will be dining around MK/WL on the evening we stay at the Poly. Can someone please remind me of the cupcake option? I believe that is just for restaurants in MK, right?

The free birthday cupcake is only consistently available at Magic Kingdom.

If we ate at say Whispering Canyon, I'd contact the Contemp. for a cake?

You have to contact Wilderness Lodge first and then they relay your request to the Contemporary or "allow" you to contact the Contemporary directly. The number is in Post #2.

We also may be dining in HS one of the nights, but that would be dealing with Hollywood Studios bakery, correct?

Yes, and your options are going to be pretty limited. Wilderness Lodge is a better bet because you have access to the Contemporary's pastry team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter