Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

For the past 8 years we've celebrated my son's birthday at Disney...almost all of our cakes have been amazing. I've used Brian and the Contemporay, gone through Pat at the Grand Floridian and gotten multiple cakes at Beach Club that were all amazing! For the past 4 years we've used the Beach Club and had it delivered to Cape May during breakfast. Twice we've ordered the Haunted Mansion cake with the green wallpaper, fondant skulls, etc and it was awesome both times!
This year I decided to request a different Haunted Mansion cake... I found a pic of a 6inch cake that Lurkyloo posted a while back (yes I know yours suppose to be able to customize a 6inch cake but I keep seeing them on here. ) It was made at the Grand Californian. The cake was wrapped in the purple Haunted Mansion wallpaper with white roses. I asked that it have the hitching ghosts instead of the roses and white cake with ganache filling; that was it... nothing complicated. I spoke to a person name Shaun. First he said he could'nt customize a 6inch... ok fine I'll do the 8inch cake . Then he tells me he doesn't know if they're "allowed" to use the Haunted Mansion wallpaper; he'll have to ask. Then he tells me he doesn't know if he can do ganache and was I sure I had ganache in the past because he's sure it was only chocolate frosting. Omg.. I wanted to scream.. we always get vanilla cake with ganache from Beach Club! LOL!! Then he says "well if they can do ganache it will be $10 more." I tell him fine. He tells he he'll speak to the bakery and let me know within 48 hours if they can make my cake and what the cost will be. I've decided I'm just going to order from the boardwalk bakery and walk it back to our room at BCV.... I'm not even dealing with this Shaun Gibb guy.

Last edited:
ok because I am a mean wife - meaning my Hubs has short term memory loss from his epilepsy, not quite Dory but sometimes it's close - I quizzed him on the Mini 2 tier cakes.. Haaaaa He would like a Vanilla cake with Strawberry Mousse filling and Vanilla Buttercream frosting .. Now this is going to be delivered to our Le Cellier dinner on 11/23 his 35th Birthday and Thanksgiving (he won't even likely remember I even asked him HAAA) .. is there anything else I should ask for when I put my order in ? seems very boring (white) for a 35th Birthday ..

Flavor is great. And they are quite large, too! More than my family of 4 could eat!

I saw you said family of four. Did you have any kids in your party? Did they like the cake even though it wasn't traditional buttercream? I added it onto our Norway dinner, mostly because no one likes the dessert plate here, and it's our official birthday celebration for our 4 year old. I have a 4, 10 & 13 year old, not sure what they will think of it? I've put way much thought into this stupid cake!

I have been reading this forum for a few months. We are going on our very first Disney vacation in three weeks!!!!!! While we are there my daughter will celebrate her golden birthday. She will be turning 10 on the 10th! Of course her favorite in the world is Winnie the Pooh and I read on here that we can't get a cake with him on it. I am so glad I saw that on here, so I knew to look up other options! My daughter's other favorites, are Mulan, Pocahontas, and Star Wars. I couldn't really find any cute cakes with these themes, so I just settled on Minnie Mouse as we will be eating at Chef Mickey's for dinner. I called the phone number from the first page several times and was not able to get in touch with anyone. I ended up calling private dining and they told me to email. I am looking at getting either a 2 tier mini cake, or a 6" custom cake as there are 3 people in our family. (however leftover cake is always good!) I asked if they could some how incorporate a gold color as it is her golden birthday. I can't wait to hear back about possibilities and prices! I run a party supplies company so it is hard for me to surrender the party planning to someone else!

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a photo taken with one of the characters and their cake. For example, a photo of Mickey and my daughter with the cake sitting on the table nearby. Or, do they wait until the end of dinner to bring the cake out when all of the character interactions are over?

Also, we will be having breakfast with Pooh at the Crystal Palace has anyone ever tried their signature dessert? I saw that it is honey crunch or something along those lines. I wondered if it was more cake with a little honey flavored frosting or if it was a very strong honey tasting dessert. My daughter isn't a big honey fan, but I figure this would be the closest we could get to a pooh bear cake. :)

Thank you! I love this thread! It has been so helpful! We wouldn't even have birthday cake on vacation had I not stumbled across cake chatter!

I have been reading this forum for a few months. We are going on our very first Disney vacation in three weeks!!!!!! While we are there my daughter will celebrate her golden birthday. She will be turning 10 on the 10th! Of course her favorite in the world is Winnie the Pooh and I read on here that we can't get a cake with him on it. I am so glad I saw that on here, so I knew to look up other options! My daughter's other favorites, are Mulan, Pocahontas, and Star Wars. I couldn't really find any cute cakes with these themes, so I just settled on Minnie Mouse as we will be eating at Chef Mickey's for dinner. I called the phone number from the first page several times and was not able to get in touch with anyone. I ended up calling private dining and they told me to email. I am looking at getting either a 2 tier mini cake, or a 6" custom cake as there are 3 people in our family. (however leftover cake is always good!) I asked if they could some how incorporate a gold color as it is her golden birthday. I can't wait to hear back about possibilities and prices! I run a party supplies company so it is hard for me to surrender the party planning to someone else!

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a photo taken with one of the characters and their cake. For example, a photo of Mickey and my daughter with the cake sitting on the table nearby. Or, do they wait until the end of dinner to bring the cake out when all of the character interactions are over?

Also, we will be having breakfast with Pooh at the Crystal Palace has anyone ever tried their signature dessert? I saw that it is honey crunch or something along those lines. I wondered if it was more cake with a little honey flavored frosting or if it was a very strong honey tasting dessert. My daughter isn't a big honey fan, but I figure this would be the closest we could get to a pooh bear cake. :)

Thank you! I love this thread! It has been so helpful! We wouldn't even have birthday cake on vacation had I not stumbled across cake chatter!

Just FYI, we've used Its Tasty Too! cakes several times in Orlando. They will deliver for $25 & their cakes are beautiful, very reasonable and taste great (except I feel their buttercream is too sweet but I hate frosting so take that with a grain of salt....I prefer their cream fillings, especially the Reeses cream) I sent them a cake design of a honey pot and pooh popping out of the top. She quoted me $45, this would have been at least a 6in cake (we ended up going with a buzz lightyear cake). So even with the delivery fee they are well under disney prices.

ok because I am a mean wife - meaning my Hubs has short term memory loss from his epilepsy, not quite Dory but sometimes it's close - I quizzed him on the Mini 2 tier cakes.. Haaaaa He would like a Vanilla cake with Strawberry Mousse filling and Vanilla Buttercream frosting .. Now this is going to be delivered to our Le Cellier dinner on 11/23 his 35th Birthday and Thanksgiving (he won't even likely remember I even asked him HAAA) .. is there anything else I should ask for when I put my order in ? seems very boring (white) for a 35th Birthday ..
Great flavour choice! This is what I got two weeks ago through the grand Floridian and it was over the top delicious--not boring at all!

Thanks to this thread I just ordered a Tangled themed 6 inch cake to be delivered to our room at WL chocolate cake with raspberry mousse. Quoted $89 plus 18% grat $3 delivery fee plus tax.

I saw you said family of four. Did you have any kids in your party? Did they like the cake even though it wasn't traditional buttercream? I added it onto our Norway dinner, mostly because no one likes the dessert plate here, and it's our official birthday celebration for our 4 year old. I have a 4, 10 & 13 year old, not sure what they will think of it? I've put way much thought into this stupid cake!
Yes, 2 kids. Neither of them like cake much (blasphemy, I know!) but both liked the frosting. It's more fudge-y.

ETA: They are 8 and 6 :)

Hmmm I called the cake line for ASMo within the hours of operation but no one answered and I never received a call back after leaving a voicemail (which I repeated my phone number Twice! Lol special effort and everything). Does it take a bit to hear back from them usually?

For the past 8 years we've celebrated my son's birthday at Disney...almost all of our cakes have been amazing. I've used Brian and the Contemporay, gone through Pat at the Grand Floridian and gotten multiple cakes at Beach Club that were all amazing! For the past 4 years we've used the Beach Club and had it delivered to Cape May during breakfast. Twice we've ordered the Haunted Mansion cake with the green wallpaper, fondant skulls, etc and it was awesome both times!
This year I decided to request a different Haunted Mansion cake... I found a pic of a 6inch cake that Lurkyloo posted a while back (yes I know yours suppose to be able to customize a 6inch cake but I keep seeing them on here. ) It was made at the Grand Californian. The cake was wrapped in the purple Haunted Mansion wallpaper with white roses. I asked that it have the hitching ghosts instead of the roses and white cake with ganache filling; that was it... nothing complicated. I spoke to a person name Shaun. First he said he could'nt customize a 6inch... ok fine I'll do the 8inch cake . Then he tells me he doesn't know if they're "allowed" to use the Haunted Mansion wallpaper; he'll have to ask. Then he tells me he doesn't know if he can do ganache and was I sure I had ganache in the past because he's sure it was only chocolate frosting. Omg.. I wanted to scream.. we always get vanilla cake with ganache from Beach Club! LOL!! Then he says "well if they can do ganache it will be $10 more." I tell him fine. He tells he he'll speak to the bakery and let me know within 48 hours if they can make my cake and what the cost will be. I've decided I'm just going to order from the boardwalk bakery and walk it back to our room at BCV.... I'm not even dealing with this Shaun Gibb guy.
I had the same problems with the Beach Club private dining. They told me that they no longer do 6" cakes and they don't do the peanut butter filling that I have gotten in the past. I didn't speak with Shaun either. I spoke to a woman but I don't know her name. My cake was beautiful but it was a lot of cake for a family of 3 and my husband and daughter agreed that the peanut butter filling was better than the dark chocolate mousse that we got. I hope you can get what you want!

Hmmm I called the cake line for ASMo within the hours of operation but no one answered and I never received a call back after leaving a voicemail (which I repeated my phone number Twice! Lol special effort and everything). Does it take a bit to hear back from them usually?

There's no Private Dining at the Value resorts, so the numbers I dug up just go to general food-and-beverage departments that are less-than-reliable about calling back. I'd call the main number for the resort, explain the issue, and see if you can get a real-live cast member to help you track down the right person.

There's no Private Dining at the Value resorts, so the numbers I dug up just go to general food-and-beverage departments that are less-than-reliable about calling back. I'd call the main number for the resort, explain the issue, and see if you can get a real-live cast member to help you track down the right person.
The number for the All Star Movies does take you to their cake line, it's what the recording says.

Just FYI, we've used Its Tasty Too! cakes several times in Orlando. They will deliver for $25 & their cakes are beautiful, very reasonable and taste great (except I feel their buttercream is too sweet but I hate frosting so take that with a grain of salt....I prefer their cream fillings, especially the Reeses cream) I sent them a cake design of a honey pot and pooh popping out of the top. She quoted me $45, this would have been at least a 6in cake (we ended up going with a buzz lightyear cake). So even with the delivery fee they are well under disney prices.
I emailed them today and she said she cannot do anything Disney. Copyright issues.

31ish days until we celebrate my daughter's 6th bday at the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria. I know I have to go through the boardwalk bakery. DD wants chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream inside...and half Rapunzel themed and half Ariel themed. Great.
Any idea if this is something they will do? Does anyone know if I can get a 6" custom cake from the boardwalk bakery or will I have to suck it up and go 8"?

31ish days until we celebrate my daughter's 6th bday at the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria. I know I have to go through the boardwalk bakery. DD wants chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream inside...and half Rapunzel themed and half Ariel themed. Great.
Any idea if this is something they will do? Does anyone know if I can get a 6" custom cake from the boardwalk bakery or will I have to suck it up and go 8"?

I had to suck it up and go 8" 2 years ago. As for the 1/2 and 1/2 that should be doable. They can probably do something with seashells and the sun from Tangled or similar maybe using purple to tie both movies together. Accent with teal (Ariel) and yellow (Tangled)

@quandrea do you happen to have a picture of your cake to share? just curious as the look of it inside and out. :) thanks Michelle

IMG_3213.JPG
@quandrea do you happen to have a picture of your cake to share? just curious as the look of it inside and out. :) thanks Michelle

It looked like this. No pic of the inside. The inside was a thin layer of vanilla sponge, topped with a mound of strawberry mousse. More sponge was wrapped around the mousse and then another thin round of sponge "capped off" the cylinder. Hope that gives a good picture. It wasn't a layer cake, but rather a cake cylinder filled with moussse. As a result, the mousse to cake ratio was really wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!