Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Thank you so much. I called last week and left a message at GF. I haven't heard back? Should I call again for a custom cake? If all else fails I will call a couple days before and get the Mickey dome cake

Yes. Call the number for All-Star Music in Post #2 of this thread. If you don't hear back within a week, call the main number for the resort and explain what you are trying to do and that no one has called you back and see if they can transfer you to a real person.

If you want it delivered to the room, yes. Otherwise, you should be able to walk up to the podium of any table-service restaurant at WDW (except Victoria & Albert's) and ask for one on the spot. It doesn't look like they have them in the cold case at the Value food courts the way they used to with the old celebration cakes, but you could check.

The Magic Kingdom no longer allows you to order custom cakes. Each restaurant has one standardized option. See Post #1 for more details.

The Zebra Dome Cake is only available at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It costs $42.

Thank you so much. I called last week and left a message at GF. I haven't heard back? Should I call again for a custom cake? If all else fails I will call a couple days before and get the Mickey dome cake

I can't remember which days the cake contact has off work, but it wouldn't hurt to call again. I usually make a pest of myself til I get ahold of somebody! :teeth:

I have been reading through lots of posts lately to gain info on ordering a cake, I do have one question. How do they decide what they can/will try and get legal to approve? I had gotten an email quote for a Spiderman-esque design using blue and red and webbing but then just received a follow up email saying that they cannot even do that, that the best they can do is one blue tier and one red tier, which I think would be silly.

I have been reading through lots of posts lately to gain info on ordering a cake, I do have one question. How do they decide what they can/will try and get legal to approve? I had gotten an email quote for a Spiderman-esque design using blue and red and webbing but then just received a follow up email saying that they cannot even do that, that the best they can do is one blue tier and one red tier, which I think would be silly.

Boy, that is the $64,000 Question! I once asked the Contemporary for a re-creation of this Animal Muppet cake and was told legal wouldn't allow it. Then the Contemporary made this exact cake for another DISer like a year later!

Animal.jpg

It seems like it's entirely up to the whims of the legal team, which is separate from the cake team.

Could you bring some Spiderman figures or cake decor to add to the blue and red cake when it's delivered?

We ordered a Stitch themed cake last year at CR and had it
I had a stitch themed cake made for my daughter's birthday last year through contemporary resort. I spoke directly with the chef and the assistant and they made it happen but I brought a stitch figurine to put on top and they did the theming for the cake and it turned out wonderful. In fact I got the picture off the web from somebody else who had the same cake made at the same place a couple years earlier and the chef said that would be no problem. This is the cake that was made and I bought the Stitch figure off the web.Screenshot_20180911-191959_Gallery.jpg

I know I spoke with different people from different Resorts and I got different answers but when I spoke directly with the chef I had no issues at all.

I called last Wednesday about 2 PM ET and got right through (didn’t have to leave a message). Maybe try tomorrow?

Thanks so much. I thought I saw to wait a week and call back. I will call them again and see what I can find out.
I can't remember which days the cake contact has off work, but it wouldn't hurt to call again. I usually make a pest of myself til I get ahold of somebody! :teeth:

Boy, that is the $64,000 Question! I once asked the Contemporary for a re-creation of this Animal Muppet cake and was told legal wouldn't allow it. Then the Contemporary made this exact cake for another DISer like a year later!

Animal.jpg

It seems like it's entirely up to the whims of the legal team, which is separate from the cake team.

Could you bring some Spiderman figures or cake decor to add to the blue and red cake when it's delivered?
That's the vibe I got. That is just so odd to me that they couldn’t for you and did for them, which looks awesome. I reached back out to ask about any possible star war options, which I have seen a couple on this thread that I can send. If that fails then I’ll just get some Spiderman décor and dress it up myself

Update- Just received a note that per Disney Global they are no longer allowed to do Star Wars cakes either!

Last edited:
Oh brother.... :rolleyes: Which resort is telling you this?

This was from the Private Dining Coordinator at The Yacht & Beach Club. I am unsure what to do now, I may try to work with a different bakery and see if they have the same response.

Hi all! I'm new and am booking (hopefully today) my Disney wedding at Luau Point @ the Poly for March of 2019. I am hoping to customize my cake option and am wondering if anyone has any good input: I'd love to keep the 2-tier, as our party will be small, but am looking for inspiration that reflects the tiki room, the Polynesian's awesome tiki guys, etc. No Moana or Lilo for us--all about the classics.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of a cake? I've seen some beautiful Disney custom cakes but none that are specific to the Poly/Tiki room without having a giant Stitch in there. Also, favorite flavors? Churro is a must for us but if anyone has any "universally liked" flavor suggestions that'll appeal to all guests, please tell me!

Update- Just received a note that per Disney Global they are no longer allowed to do Star Wars cakes either!

Seems the Yacht & Beach Club gives some of the weirdest info. I just placed an order for a Star Wars cake with Terry at Contemporary and planned to call Friday when she is back in the office to give her my card information so I'll be bummed if they changed it so suddenly!

full

8 inch Splash Mountain cake from CR delivered to HDDR. Fondant, chocolate buttercream, vanilla cake, strawberry mousse filling. Quoted 120, paid just over 140 with tax and gratuity.
It is delicious.

Hi @Capang was this definitely an 8 inch cake? Do you remember how many layers it was?

I’m trying to get something similar but am being quoted $120 for a 6 inch version but we need an 8 inch - price to be confirmed but I’m guessing more than $120 and that’s without the printed image....

This was from the Private Dining Coordinator at The Yacht & Beach Club. I am unsure what to do now, I may try to work with a different bakery and see if they have the same response.

I'd try the Contemporary. My favorite tactic at Disney is something I call "Ask a Different Cast Member, Get a Different Answer," and I just keep playing til I hear what I want to hear! :teeth:

Hi all! I'm new and am booking (hopefully today) my Disney wedding at Luau Point @ the Poly for March of 2019. I am hoping to customize my cake option and am wondering if anyone has any good input: I'd love to keep the 2-tier, as our party will be small, but am looking for inspiration that reflects the tiki room, the Polynesian's awesome tiki guys, etc. No Moana or Lilo for us--all about the classics.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of a cake? I've seen some beautiful Disney custom cakes but none that are specific to the Poly/Tiki room without having a giant Stitch in there. Also, favorite flavors? Churro is a must for us but if anyone has any "universally liked" flavor suggestions that'll appeal to all guests, please tell me!

The wedding cake team can do ANYTHING. You just need to find inspiration pics for them. I usually send a Photoshopped image with instructions, big red arrows, X's through the parts I don't want, etc.

Here's the cake Epcot made for our Tiki Dino-versary Party at Universe of Energy:

Inspiration:

Ninthaversary%20Cake%20Idea_zpsfyjdjrfc.png

What We Got:

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20083_zpsycvezbbv.jpg

Here's a Tiki-ish cake inspiration photo you might like. I filed it away when we were planning our Disney wedding:

hawaiiancake.jpg

Regarding flavors, some of the most popular combos are

• Red Velvet with Cream Cheese filling
  • Chocolate with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup filling
  • Almond Cake with Amaretto Crunch mousse
  • Chocolate with The Grey Stuff filling

Hi @Capang was this definitely an 8 inch cake? Do you remember how many layers it was?

I’m trying to get something similar but am being quoted $120 for a 6 inch version but we need an 8 inch - price to be confirmed but I’m guessing more than $120 and that’s without the printed image....
Pretty sure it was an 8, as that's what we paid for. I want to say 2 or 3 layers. Ours was 140 and fondant, only printed image was on the white chocolate at the top of the mountain.
I went through CR for it and at first the theme was a no go. So when I explained I didnt want a chocolate casket cake topper for a haunted mansion themed anniversary cake she made a call and I got this.

Pretty sure it was an 8, as that's what we paid for. I want to say 2 or 3 layers. Ours was 140 and fondant, only printed image was on the white chocolate at the top of the mountain.
I went through CR for it and at first the theme was a no go. So when I explained I didnt want a chocolate casket cake topper for a haunted mansion themed anniversary cake she made a call and I got this.

Thanks - at least I know I’m comparing similar cakes. This is through CR and she was happy enough with the theme jet it seems to have become more expensive!

Seems the Yacht & Beach Club gives some of the weirdest info. I just placed an order for a Star Wars cake with Terry at Contemporary and planned to call Friday when she is back in the office to give her my card information so I'll be bummed if they changed it so suddenly!

I received this email this morning, "We received an email about this on Monday stating no resorts on Disney property are allowed to do any Star Wars Cakes. This came from Disney Legal with the expansion of Star Wars Land and the new Star Wars Hotel."

I would hope that they would see yours through, and I am sure that some will still slip through the cracks based on the day and the baker. Back to to the drawing board!

Good morning All! I wanted to update on my Sanaa birthday cake ordering process. I called AKL private dining back on Wednesday afternoon. (around 12:00 their time?) I spoke with Virginia and another woman whose name escapes me, I'm terrible at names!! anyway. I bounced more ideas off of Virginia (and got her e-mail address to send my suggestions :) )

I've been trying to narrow it down between spooky Halloween, Moana and Frozen. Originally, we discussed Halloween and started going in the direction of a sugar print of Mickey & the gang in costume walking through a pumpkin patch. (they said they could make a fondant mickey pumpkin!) After I got off the phone, when I started finding images to send to them I got more and more concerned that the cake wouldn't be spooky enough. (mickey stepping over a zombie corpse just doesn't feel right!!) So I went back to the Moana route.

I'm picturing a cake with rough waves on the sides, Moana and Maui in the back and a pile of shimmery/rainbow/pearl treasure/shells (fondant, chocolate, sugar etc- basically just needs to be edible). and hopefully (fingers crossed) tomatoa eyes, teeth and antennae sticking out the front. really really hoping here.

I didn't mention flavors yet and I threw out a budget of around $100.00 but said it was flexible depending on their guidance with how much things cost. Also if they could make some vegan element on theme that my husband could eat, I would pay extra for that as well. I sent them a picture reference. Thanks to Lurkyloo for the suggestion of emailing them visuals. (I did kinda have to state a few times that 'I'm a visual person and oh, how I wish I could show them what I'm seeing in my head....') but I got the address :D

I can't seem to figure out how to share the image yet but when I do, I'll share :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter