Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@anpeck Now I know why we are having so much trouble getting a cake for MK. I still never heard back from Kathy, since Monday. I tried calling in order to leave a message and the recording said that as of Dec 15th you can no longer order cakes for the MK restaurants. I guess they had many problems with the delivery of these cakes but why MK and not any other park. I hope I get to order this one - and I hope someone calls me back.

I saw that on the bottom of Kathy's email when she replied to me. I hope they figure out another option, that would be a shame! Ordering a cake really shouldn't be such a difficult thing to do!

Ok, reread as much of this thread as my eyes would allow... I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, or if the information is staring me in the face (for all I know I may have asked it already... My brain is cake-fried)
Can you order one of the princess package cakes (Like for CRT) and have it delivered to your room or does it have to be at CRT?
Thanks

Those cakes are made by the Contemporary, so I would imagine that you could have them delivered anywhere the Contemporary delivers: Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, and of course the Contemporary.

first -- thanks for all the posts, pictures and info.

after 17 emails back and forth with Kathy (including the automated responses) I came up with the following:

Good Morning Eric,

I have officially added your custom cake to your reservations at The Crystal Palace on August XXXXX pm with confirmation number XXXXXXXXX. This will be a 6-inch cake decorated similar to the attached picture. It will be a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing and dark chocolate mousse filling and will be personalized “Happy 17th Birthday Katie”.

Please note that any cake that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. We would be happy box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

The total cost is $119.00 plus tax and applicable gratuity. You can take care of this payment after your meal.

We look forward to celebrating with you and Katie soon!
unnamed.jpg

The 3-D stitch would have been $134. I think with the sugar flowers and so on the 2-d will be good. a couple emails back and forth mentioned a palm tree and other stuff. We will see. I am putting my faith out there that I will be wowed.

I read a few posts that Kathy could use a little "pixie-dust" I didn't have any problems, and while she wasn't super outgoingly friendly - she was cordial and professional. I did start the process with Amy and went back and forth with a princess crown 2 tier cake (8 and 6 inch) that was coming in around $240 - they looked cool but I couldn't justify the price. At the $119 its way more than I want to spend, but oh well, I better see some tears from the little brat ;)

I want to order my son a bday cake for our trip in October but I'm so worried it will cost me an arm and a leg. If I set the budget at 70$ will they be able to make us a nice 6 inch cake? He wants a bike theme I know it won't be able to be elaborate or anything but I really want a cake

Hello! Has anyone done a Peter Pan themed cake? I'm looking for ideas for a young adult birthday/never grow up theme.

THANK YOU!

Need to order two cakes for end of September. One for MK delivery and the other for Beach Club delivery. When should I order them and who do I call/email about them?

PP7.jpg
Hello! Has anyone done a Peter Pan themed cake? I'm looking for ideas for a young adult birthday/never grow up theme.

THANK YOU!

Here's some ideas I pulled from google. The first couple could maybe be done as mini cakes the others could work as 6" or 8" cakes.
PP1.jpg PP2.jpg PP3.jpg PP4.jpg PP5.jpg PP6.jpg

I want to order my son a bday cake for our trip in October but I'm so worried it will cost me an arm and a leg. If I set the budget at 70$ will they be able to make us a nice 6 inch cake? He wants a bike theme I know it won't be able to be elaborate or anything but I really want a cake

Yes! Just tell them what your budget is and they will let you know how elaborate they can make it. Buttercream-covered cakes are slightly cheaper than ones that have fondant over the buttercream.

Need to order two cakes for end of September. One for MK delivery and the other for Beach Club delivery. When should I order them and who do I call/email about them?

The second post of this thread has all the info you need. :thumbsup2

THANK YOU!

We did a Peter Pan mini for my son's birthday a few years ago. We worked with Chef Brian at the Contemporary and had it delivered to our room at Wilderness Lodge. If you search the thread I'm sure you can find the photo. It's saying it's too big for me to upload. :(

View attachment 182380

Here's some ideas I pulled from google. The first couple could maybe be done as mini cakes the others could work as 6" or 8" cakes.
View attachment 182374 View attachment 182375 View attachment 182376 View attachment 182377 View attachment 182378 View attachment 182379
Love those pics - Just remember these cakes may not have been by WDW - and they may not be willing to make it (or they may cost and arm & a leg) zyou might want to just use them for inspiration.

Love it! but why are the little Mickey's not facing the correct way? Is this considered the mini cake that is only a couple of bites?

No clue on the Mickey's and didn't really even notice them. My husband had already started eating on the backside of the cake before we thought to take a pic.

It is a mini cake, but we couldn't finish it because of the huge meal at CG. We ended up taking it back to room and munched on it over the next several days.

I've been digging around, searching, etc and trying to figure this one out.
Am I correct in figuring out that if we need an allergy cake we are really stuck with Erin Mckenna's, and from their website I'm basically looking at a choice of 4 flavors, 4 or five frosting options, a couple words on top and no decoration? So I can't do anything that everybody can't do at home? Then the least expensive is a 6" for $59?
I was thinking of getting a cake because I keep seeing all the awesome cakes but the cost is stupidly high for a basic cake.

I've seen mentioned other places that Disney just tells you to go to them for allergies- do they still do the $29 allergy cake (again with no decoration) or is that outdated? At least that way it costs half as much.

I've been digging around, searching, etc and trying to figure this one out.
Am I correct in figuring out that if we need an allergy cake we are really stuck with Erin Mckenna's, and from their website I'm basically looking at a choice of 4 flavors, 4 or five frosting options, a couple words on top and no decoration? So I can't do anything that everybody can't do at home? Then the least expensive is a 6" for $59?
I was thinking of getting a cake because I keep seeing all the awesome cakes but the cost is stupidly high for a basic cake.

I've seen mentioned other places that Disney just tells you to go to them for allergies- do they still do the $29 allergy cake (again with no decoration) or is that outdated? At least that way it costs half as much.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I have ordered gluten/dairy free cakes from both Erin McKenna's and Chef Brian at the Contemporary delivered to California Grill. While beautiful in design, my husband and I both agreed that cakes that I bake were much better tasting than the one we had at California Grill. We were very disappointed The Erin McKenna cake, although simple in design, was absolutely delicious. So, does taste trump design or vice versa in your opinion?

And I was only given a choice between chocolate or vanilla cake and icing with Chef Brian. I wanted marble and they couldn't do that. Not sure why chocolate and vanilla couldn't have been mixed....

I don't have an answer to your question, but I have ordered gluten/dairy free cakes from both Erin McKenna's and Chef Brian at the Contemporary delivered to California Grill. While beautiful in design, my husband and I both agreed that cakes that I bake were much better tasting than the one we had at California Grill. We were very disappointed The Erin McKenna cake, although simple in design, was absolutely delicious. So, does taste trump design or vice versa in your opinion?

And I was only given a choice between chocolate or vanilla cake and icing with Chef Brian. I wanted marble and they couldn't do that. Not sure why chocolate and vanilla couldn't have been mixed....
How long ago was the one from chef Brian? I'm guessing that is why some resorts stock the namaste cake mix if they still offer it, but recall seeing in threads that people are being directed straight to EM to get any allergy cake. Sort of wondering if we could get the sort of disappointing $30 cake then add a bunch of decorations ourselves. For $60 I'll be too annoyed to have to decorate it myself, for $30 I guess I can live with that. We otherwise stock up on Erin Mckenna's during our trip because those are the only baked goods my son gets.

How long ago was the one from chef Brian? I'm guessing that is why some resorts stock the namaste cake mix if they still offer it, but recall seeing in threads that people are being directed straight to EM to get any allergy cake. Sort of wondering if we could get the sort of disappointing $30 cake then add a bunch of decorations ourselves. For $60 I'll be too annoyed to have to decorate it myself, for $30 I guess I can live with that. We otherwise stock up on Erin Mckenna's during our trip because those are the only baked goods my son gets.

It was June of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter