Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're ordering for the Contemporary, the Contemporary pastry team makes the cake, not the GF. $3 delivery fee + 18% auto-gratuity You can try, but these often end up billed to the room even when people have specifically requested to pay by CC and given their numbers and everything. :thumbsup2 HDD is a GREAT place to have a specialty cake delivered because those are made by the Contemporary! I think any of those themes would be nice. You could send your ideas to the pastry team at CR (email in Post#2) and see if they think any of them would be cheaper than the others. Unfortunately, because they are so limited in what they can do onboard, DCL only offers the standard cakes on that order form you can get off their site. I guess you could see if they'd let you buy one of their wedding cakes, but even those are kept quite simple.

Thanks it is no biggie to us as DCL has yummy desserts anways.

HDD is a GREAT place to have a specialty cake delivered because those are made by the Contemporary! I think any of those themes would be nice. You could send your ideas to the pastry team at CR (email in Post#2) and see if they think any of them would be cheaper than the others.

Thank you so much! I feel a lot better about ordering a cake to be delivered there now. :)

We arrive at Disney late in the day on DD's b'day. We are staying at ASMu and will just be eating there that night. I would really love to just order a couple of cupcakes (the *snow flurries* ones in post 863 would be perfect for my Frozen obsessed DD). Is that possible? I'm not willing to spend $50+ on a cake.

I think it'll look nice. Personally, I'm not a fan of screen prints stuck on top of cakes, so I'd either skip it altogether or splurge on the white chocolate Belle figure instead.

I totally agree, however, I may be stuck. I did ask about 3D options, and it was Belle only. The cake is going to say, "Welcome Back To Our Castle, Elena. Love, Belle & The Beast" so I kinda need both of them on it.

Oh well. She's only 7, so I think I'll be a bit more 'disappointed' in the cake than she will be. She'll believe it is directly from them.

Has anyone noticed that Magic Kingdom Cakes is more rigid than GF? Pat and the GF made two cakes for me last year, and they turned out perfectly, and were customized to what I wanted (what I wanted them to say).

Magic Kingdom is limiting me to length of the message (5 words) when last year I had one that had I think 12 words, and are restricting what it can say (GF cake said basically the same thing last year).

Anyone run into this before? I'm definitely going to try and get a cake for another dinner rather than at BOG now. Too bad we aren't doing 1900 park fare again :confused3

Has anyone noticed that Magic Kingdom Cakes is more rigid than GF? Pat and the GF made two cakes for me last year, and they turned out perfectly, and were customized to what I wanted (what I wanted them to say).

Magic Kingdom is limiting me to length of the message (5 words) when last year I had one that had I think 12 words, and are restricting what it can say (GF cake said basically the same thing last year).

Anyone run into this before? I'm definitely going to try and get a cake for another dinner rather than at BOG now. Too bad we aren't doing 1900 park fare again :confused3

Oh man, that's too bad! Just a thought - would these work:
"We will see you at our castle tomorrow/later today/very soon"
"It was nice seeing you at our castle again"

Obviously it would depend on when you were getting it in relation to your BOG reservation. I really wanted a Belle & Beast cake as well and was bummed that they didn't have both in 3D so I feel your pain!

Well they limited it to the 5 words, and will not put Love Belle & The Beast at all. Last year I had a cake from Tinkerbell for my daughter and it said Love, Tink.

Grrrrrrrrr.

We arrive at Disney late in the day on DD's b'day. We are staying at ASMu and will just be eating there that night. I would really love to just order a couple of cupcakes (the *snow flurries* ones in post 863 would be perfect for my Frozen obsessed DD). Is that possible? I'm not willing to spend $50+ on a cake.

Last time I checked, the All-Stars were not partnering with any of the full-service Disney bakeries at other resorts, so their offerings were limited to basic, supermarket style cakes. I think you're gonna have to call and see if cupcakes are an option. Alternatively, an outside vendor like It's Tasty Too, Party Flavors or Bake Me A Cake may be willing to make and deliver cupcakes, though probably not fewer than a dozen. :(

Well they limited it to the 5 words, and will not put Love Belle & The Beast at all. Last year I had a cake from Tinkerbell for my daughter and it said Love, Tink.

Grrrrrrrrr.

But will they do "Welcome back to our castle"? That's five words... Maybe you could sneak in a card "written" by Belle and the Beast to go with the cake.

But will they do "Welcome back to our castle"? That's five words... Maybe you could sneak in a card "written" by Belle and the Beast to go with the cake.

That they would do. That is a good idea. I probably could even get the BOG hostess or server to put the card w/ the cake as they would not be aware of the issue.

I'm new to this cake thing. We will be celebrating my grandmothers birthday while we are in disney. There will be five of us there so I was thinking just a 6 inch cake. But I wanted to do a pink themed cake because she is a breast cancer survivor. So any ides for a pink themed 6-inch cake and around how much it would cost?

DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last week on the actual day with dinner at Victoria & Albert's. I ordered this cake through Pat at the GF. It was all I asked for and more! Our wedding cake was ivory so I requested ivory fondant, the Mickey heads in the "wave" pattern, a silver bow and 25, a silver cake platter, and pearls. (The pearls are actually strung like a necklace, I washed them off and kept them as a keepsake) Pat is the one who suggested it all sit upon a large disk of fondant and she also suggested the silver writing "25 Magical Years". Ever since I saw the Disney show on TV showing the Disney wedding cakes with the Mickey heads stamped on them, I knew I had to have one! This was a 6x6 cake, and the cost was $135. I believe it was a bit extravagant to have this grand of a cake for just the two of us, but a 25th wedding anniversary is a big deal so I went for it! We were so full we could barely eat any of it, but they boxed it up for us and we took it back to our room and placed it in the fridge and ate the rest of it the next two days. If you have any questions, please let me know!

DSC02193_zps816bfa6c.jpg

DSC02204_zpse4d9b6fe.jpg

Thank you for all the help I received here so that I could order this beautiful cake. I couldn't have done it without you! :)

DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last week on the actual day with dinner at Victoria & Albert's. I ordered this cake through Pat at the GF. It was all I asked for and more! Our wedding cake was ivory so I requested ivory fondant, the Mickey heads in the "wave" pattern, a silver bow and 25, a silver cake platter, and pearls. (The pearls are actually strung like a necklace, I washed them off and kept them as a keepsake) Pat is the one who suggested it all sit upon a large disk of fondant and she also suggested the silver writing "25 Magical Years". Ever since I saw the Disney show on TV showing the Disney wedding cakes with the Mickey heads stamped on them, I knew I had to have one! This was a 6x6 cake, and the cost was $135. I believe it was a bit extravagant to have this grand of a cake for just the two of us, but a 25th wedding anniversary is a big deal so I went for it! We were so full we could barely eat any of it, but they boxed it up for us and we took it back to our room and placed it in the fridge and ate the rest of it the next two days. If you have any questions, please let me know!

DSC02193_zps816bfa6c.jpg

DSC02204_zpse4d9b6fe.jpg

Thank you for all the help I received here so that I could order this beautiful cake. I couldn't have done it without you! :)

this is absolute PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all had the best trip ever!!!!

Strange Q, but if I ordered a cake from GF, monorailed it there in the AM, picked up said cake, and then monorailed it to MK, would they allow me to enter the park w/ it?

And then would I be able to take it to a restaurant in MK?

Strange Q, but if I ordered a cake from GF, monorailed it there in the AM, picked up said cake, and then monorailed it to MK, would they allow me to enter the park w/ it?

And then would I be able to take it to a restaurant in MK?

I know they allow coolers into the parks so I'm guessing as long as you abide by the rules of bringing food into the park - you can probably do this! My only concern at that point would be weather, as in where would you keep it until your reservation? BOG will not hold cakes.

Another thought, I saw someone on here who got a cake for BOG and actually got a card signed by belle and the beast. Maybe look into that? It came wih the cake! I'll have to find the post.

I know they allow coolers into the parks so I'm guessing as long as you abide by the rules of bringing food into the park - you can probably do this! My only concern at that point would be weather, as in where would you keep it until your reservation? BOG will not hold cakes.

Another thought, I saw someone on here who got a cake for BOG and actually got a card signed by belle and the beast. Maybe look into that? It came wih the cake! I'll have to find the post.

That cake was from post 728 here. I think I'll wind up doing this for our cake delivery at BOG on our final night in February. :cutie:

Hi all!

Me and my grandmother are going on a vacation to Disney and Universal for 2 weeks in April/May and we got a ressie at BOG for dinner!!!!! So happy!

I like the idea of getting a cake- it's no ones birthday but any holiday with my grandmother is special!

Since we are going to BOG I was thinking smallest cake as it's just us 2 (6 inches?) with the white chocolate belle on top maybe saying Have a Magical Vacation!

Does anyone have any idea of a price for this and who I would email to arrange this for BOG?

Thank you :-)

Love seeing all of these cakes. We will be going over Xmas, so I have been thinking about surprising my two youngest with a holiday themed cake at Chef Mickey's.

Is a mini-wedding cake possible? I would like to get a small two tier with the silver mickey's.

Let me know if anyone knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter