Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I are going down 11/15 for our anniversary trip. After reading every single post in all the cake thread, I finally decided it was worth any hassle to order a cake to surprise him.
We're staying at CSR and the best meal to get a cake at was Sanaa on the day we get there. That way we can have cake for breakfast the rest of the trip! ;)
Our Disney movie is Wreck It Ralph, which doesn't make a very romantic cake. My favorite Disney movies are the classics (Lady, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins) but he doesn't care for those. So I decided to have them recreate our wedding cake.
I called AKL and asked to speak with the pastry chief. She wasn't available so they asked what kind of cake I wanted and gave me her email. I emailed her and told her I wanted a 6" recreation of our wedding cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream frosting. I asked for two white chocolate hearts and blue roses on top. I sent her lots of pics!
I wasn't expecting a reply back for awhile so I was surprised to get an email back the next day! Amanda asked me to confirm all the details and priced it at $62.
The process went a lot smoother then I expected! Whenever we get back, I'll post pictures!

Our trip is in just a few weeks, and I think my brain is beginning to be overwhelmed by the details!

I'm ready to place an order for two mini-cakes for our breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. I have read and re-read this thread, and for some reason can not wrap my head around the steps. Do I phone the cake hotline first? Or do I phone the Grand Floridian directly?

Thanks! I am really sorry for being so dense!

No worries, it's super-confusing! You can phone either number, but it is much more efficient to call Private Dining directly. The Cake Hotline gets you there eventually, but it's a lotta button-pushing.

Thanks Lurkyloo! I just phoned and left a message with Pat. Now, I'm going to go eat our stash of Halloween candy, because I have been thinking about cake all day.:)

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this Nightmare Before Christmas cake Disney Weddings just posted...

NB4XCake1.png

NB4XCake2.png

NB4XCake3.png

I sent an email to magic kingdom cakes and another to contemporary cakes today, I hope I am not too late.

I requested a 6 inch vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream frosting for Tuesday at the Crystal Palace for my mom's 65th birthday (I did ask for a few purple flowers if possible) and then a 6 inch vanilla cake with raspberry mousse and vanilla buttercream frosting for next Saturday at Chef Mickey's for my son's 3rd birthday (asked for Mickey head sprinkles if they have them, I have figurines to place on top of the cake).

I am hoping since they are small simple cakes this is enough notice.

If I am too late to order they have cakes for sale at the Boardwalk Bakery, correct? I don't mind going there if I have to and then we can have it in the room, I just think it will be fun to have it at the restaurants.

You should be fine, though you might wanna phone tomorrow just to follow up. BoardWalk Bakery may have cakes for sale, but you can also get a 6-inch all-chocolate or all-vanilla pre-made cake at the podium of either restaurant when you check in.

You should be fine, though you might wanna phone tomorrow just to follow up. BoardWalk Bakery may have cakes for sale, but you can also get a 6-inch all-chocolate or all-vanilla pre-made cake at the podium of either restaurant when you check in.

I will try to call from work tomorrow. If the pre-made cakes are frozen and defrosted I would just as soon skip the cakes, I am really hoping I can get this worked out in time.

Thanks!

Supposedly the podium cakes are not ever frozen, but a few of us have been told when we ordered them "Oh, we have to defrost that for you." Maybe just imprecise language, but.... :confused3

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this Nightmare Before Christmas cake Disney Weddings just posted...

That is a beautiful cake! I love the white stripes on the bottom layer and I LOVE that "overlay" on the second layer that sort of falls over the sides.

They did a GREAT job!! I suspect this one might be very popular....

Supposedly the podium cakes are not ever frozen, but a few of us have been told when we ordered them "Oh, we have to defrost that for you." Maybe just imprecise language, but.... :confused3

Lol, I think they are frozen at least at some point.

I did hear back today from both magic kingdom cakes and the contemporary. I am able to get both cakes only magic kingdom cakes won't make my requested cake in 6" only 8". I'm going to get it anyway even though it is way too much cake for us since it's my mother's 65th birthday meal and I have to have a cake for her. As long as it tastes good and looks pretty I will be happy.

They are quoting me $40 and $29 respectively plus tax and gratuity which seems reasonable especially for Disney. ;)

Lol, I think they are frozen at least at some point. I did hear back today from both magic kingdom cakes and the contemporary. I am able to get both cakes only magic kingdom cakes won't make my requested cake in 6" only 8". I'm going to get it anyway even though it is way too much cake for us since it's my mother's 65th birthday meal and I have to have a cake for her. As long as it tastes good and looks pretty I will be happy. They are quoting me $40 and $29 respectively plus tax and gratuity which seems reasonable especially for Disney. ;)

$40 is a pretty good deal for an 8 inch! That's what most 8 inch cost around here- some even more!

I think most cakes are not "frozen" per sea but they are put in commercial size refrigerators that are super cold. Even expensive fancy cakes not from Disney are usually kept in the fridge especially if it is the type that requires days of work.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused3:confused3 Is there an email address to order a cake at the Grand Floridian? Do you have to call the phone number? If so, what are the times they will take phone calls? I have a cake I would like to order and want to send a photo so it would just be easier to email.

Thanks in advance!
Lurkyloo you are so helpful. Couldn't do it without ya!!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused3:confused3 Is there an email address to order a cake at the Grand Floridian? Do you have to call the phone number? If so, what are the times they will take phone calls? I have a cake I would like to order and want to send a photo so it would just be easier to email.

Thanks in advance!
Lurkyloo you are so helpful. Couldn't do it without ya!!

I believe you have to call them! I had a very hard time reaching Pat at the GF, played phone tag for two weeks. So this is what I did: called the number and left my email address on the voicemail (s as in sam, a as in apple). Within 24hrs I had an email from her and we settled the custom cake. I sent images as well as reference. Hope this helps!

If I order a cake to be delivered to our room at AKL, will they deliver it if we are not in the room? We plan on checking in and going straight to the park on our first day but would like to surprise everyone with the cake!!

Thanks, y'all!

Yes, as long as you are checked in, Private Dining can deliver a cake to your room. There will be an 18% gratuity and $3 delivery fee.

Just want to make sure I'm correct before I send off an email. My son is going to be turning 3 on our trip, and we were thinking our Chef Mickeys dinner would be the best "celebration" dinner. It is possible to order a cake there, correct? and would I use the Contemporary bakery email or do I still need to call and get approved to email? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter