Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to bring in a cake from Publix to a Disney restaurant for dinner, do we tell the server we have a cake and they'll bring it out for us, or can you only do that with cakes from Disney? I also assume someone's going to have to take the cake back to the resort (we're staying at CBR but thinking of Boma for my birthday dinner) after dinner because I want to hit more parks!

Disney cakes are super expensive for what they are but I love the look of Publix's cakes! Some of the dessert ones will make a lovely birthday cake.

Sparkly said:
If I wanted to bring in a cake from Publix to a Disney restaurant for dinner, do we tell the server we have a cake and they'll bring it out for us, or can you only do that with cakes from Disney? I also assume someone's going to have to take the cake back to the resort (we're staying at CBR but thinking of Boma for my birthday dinner) after dinner because I want to hit more parks!

Disney cakes are super expensive for what they are but I love the look of Publix's cakes! Some of the dessert ones will make a lovely birthday cake.

You can bring in a cake but they can not store it or serve it. Basically it will have to stay at your table and at desert time they will bring out plates and knives. Some servers will cut it but do not expect that as the handling of the cake by resteraunt stag is technically against health code.

I emailed the Contemporary cake email address to ask about the Elsa mini-cake for our dinner at CRT. How long does it typically take them to respond?

Just in case this info is helpful to anyone, I am in the process of ordering a cake for a dinner in a few weeks at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. I don't think I'm going with a mini cake, but I received this email about them this morning. I had asked for red velvet. I'll update later to share what I end up ordering! "This is available in chocolate or vanilla and usually serves just 1-2 people. We can decorate this with either Mickey Ears, Princess Minnie Ears or flowers in the color of your choice and it can be personalized with up to 4 words. The cost is $35.00 plus tax and gratuity. Please see attached pictures for examples. If you’d like this cake, we need the following information: Your confirmation number What flavor cake you’d like (chocolate or vanilla), however we can do red velvet for you for an additional $5.00 What kind of icing you’d like (chocolate buttercream or vanilla buttercream) What kind of filling you’d like (chocolate buttercream, vanilla buttercream, dark chocolate mousse or white chocolate mousse) What style you’d like (Mickey Ears, Princess Minnie Ears or flowers) Any color(s) you would like us to incorporate How you would like the platter personalized (up to 4 words)" And these pictures were attached:
Is this email from the restaurant? We will be in Disney April 4-10. Two of my three children have birthdays that we will be celebrating (the 7th and 14th). I definitely want the two tiered mini cakes. We are too far out for ADRs, so I'm not sure what our plan will be, but I would like them to be served at the restaurant we will be eating at that night (shooting for Ohana. We will be staying at the Beach Club Resort. Do the different locations make the two tiered cakes differently? Different options? Please help :)

I'm also wondering about the cake options if we decide to dine in DHS for their birthday dinner instead of Ohana. I would still want to do the two-tiered mini cakes. (They want to do the Sci-Fi restaurant)

I emailed the Contemporary cake email address to ask about the Elsa mini-cake for our dinner at CRT. How long does it typically take them to respond?

I've been emailing them about a cake also. I think it took a day or 2 for them to respond to my 1st email and then they have returned my afternoon emails the next day sometime in the morning.

Hi. I am just back from WDW. We were celebrating 3 occasions. A college Graduation, a 12th wedding anniversary and my grandson's 4th birthday.

I ordered 3 cakes from the Contemporary.

1--a 6" vanilla cake with choc mousse filling, cream cheese icing.
It was nicely decorated and had a 2D chocolate, hand painted Donald on top.
The cake was a bit dry and grainy in texture, The choc mousse and the frosting were both really good.

2--a two tiered mini cake. Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting inside and out. decorated with piped on, red mickey heads, with a chocolate MM "hat" on top.
This was good red velvet. A little on the sweet side.

3--a two tiered mini cake. Chocolate cake, white chocolate mousse filling and choc butter cream. This was pirate themed and had a white chocolate plaque painted with Pirate Mickey on the bottom tier.
This was the best of the three. The cake was moist and the filling not too sweet.

My family was surprised and delighted!!

I have to say that our servers at both restaurants managed to flub the surprises somewhat. At WCC the server went up to the girl getting the grad cake to talk about when to bring the cakes out. The server at Chef Mickey was bringing out an entirely wrong cake and I had to catch her before it was served. The management at CM was nice enough to arrange sending the cake to Tony's Town Square, where we were having dinner (as we were finished eating breakfast at that point). Everything went off without incident there.

Working with Chef Brian and Carol at Private Dining at the Contemporary was great. :thumbsup2

Hi. I am just back from WDW. We were celebrating 3 occasions. A college Graduation, a 12th wedding anniversary and my grandson's 4th birthday. I ordered 3 cakes from the Contemporary. 1--a 6" vanilla cake with choc mousse filling, cream cheese icing. It was nicely decorated and had a 2D chocolate, hand painted Donald on top. The cake was a bit dry and grainy in texture, The choc mousse and the frosting were both really good. 2--a two tiered mini cake. Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting inside and out. decorated with piped on, red mickey heads, with a chocolate MM "hat" on top. This was good red velvet. A little on the sweet side. 3--a two tiered mini cake. Chocolate cake, white chocolate mousse filling and choc butter cream. This was pirate themed and had a white chocolate plaque painted with Pirate Mickey on the bottom tier. This was the best of the three. The cake was moist and the filling not too sweet. My family was surprised and delighted!! I have to say that our servers at both restaurants managed to flub the surprises somewhat. At WCC the server went up to the girl getting the grad cake to talk about when to bring the cakes out. The server at Chef Mickey was bringing out an entirely wrong cake and I had to catch her before it was served. The management at CM was nice enough to arrange sending the cake to Tony's Town Square, where we were having dinner (as we were finished eating breakfast at that point). Everything went off without incident there. Working with Chef Brian and Carol at Private Dining at the Contemporary was great. :thumbsup2

May I ask how much the pirate mickey cake was?

We will be at Disney World three weeks before our 10th anniversary, and while that is not the reason we are going ( we have a separate trip planned for that), I thought it would be fun to get a cake to surprise my husband and kids. I know my husband will not want me to spend very much on a cake, so I was just wondering, can the podium cakes be ordered with a Happy Anniversary medallion or do they all say Happy Birthday?

If I wanted to have a fondont/ 2d jack skellington & Sally cake possibly delivered to la hacienda de san angel how would I go about that? Or would having it delivered to our room at the beach club a better option for what we wanted? Our ADR's are at la hacienda, akershus, be or guest, mama melrose fantasmic, crystal palace and tusker house. If getting delivered to a restaurant what one would you suggest we have it delivered too? I spent my last birthday in the hospital delivering my little boy so we wanted to do something special for my birthday and his 1st birthday! His due date was Halloween so a spooky cake is just what we need for this little boo baby!!! We wanted to spend around 100$ Max..

Hi!

I have never ordered a cake through disney, but I want to surprise my mom with one for our trip in November. I have spent the past few days scouring the treads for ideas.

She loves dumbo!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, I'm a bit confused...we are staying in a mermaid room in art of animation. Can they deliver it in the room or do I have to go to the food court to pick it up?

This is going to be such a nice surprise!!

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!!

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was in the process of ordering a specialty fondant cake for my parent's 20th anniversary, things were going well, the people at MagicKingdomCakes were keeping in contact. But then we had to wait for an image to be approved. Which was fine. But After the image was approved they haven't been emailing me back, and we still haven't finalized the order. The ADR where it is supposed to be delivered is on August 11th (that's only 14 days away). Im really worried we won't be able to get it all finished before we leave. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this situation? I was ordering a cake that I designed myself and really don't want to have to just get a basic podium cake for my parents.

Cake question: On WDW's home page it has an ad saying "Savor a Delicious Deal - It's Free! - Get Details" with a picture of a delicious looking piece of fudge cake or something. Where can I get that dessert?!

Sooooo many choices....HELP!
For our winter trip.......Jan 26- Feb 1, 2015......my DD will be 18........
Where should I order from?

Where are you staying and where are you dining?

Is this email from the restaurant? We will be in Disney April 4-10. Two of my three children have birthdays that we will be celebrating (the 7th and 14th). I definitely want the two tiered mini cakes. We are too far out for ADRs, so I'm not sure what our plan will be, but I would like them to be served at the restaurant we will be eating at that night (shooting for Ohana. We will be staying at the Beach Club Resort. Do the different locations make the two tiered cakes differently? Different options? Please help :)

All the locations use the same recipes, but there are not really any standard minicake designs shared among the different parks and resorts (the exception being the Mickey's Delight mini cake that has little frosting Mickey heads). So it's always best if you have a photo to show them what you had in mind.

I'm also wondering about the cake options if we decide to dine in DHS for their birthday dinner instead of Ohana. I would still want to do the two-tiered mini cakes. (They want to do the Sci-Fi restaurant)

DHS' bakery is very limited in its abilities. I have never seen it make a mini cake.

If I wanted to have a fondont/ 2d jack skellington & Sally cake possibly delivered to la hacienda de san angel how would I go about that?

La Hacienda uses an outside vendor for its cakes and offers very little customization. However, they may be able to put a screen print on the cake.

Or would having it delivered to our room at the beach club a better option for what we wanted? Our ADR's are at la hacienda, akershus, be or guest, mama melrose fantasmic, crystal palace and tusker house. If getting delivered to a restaurant what one would you suggest we have it delivered too?

I'd have it delivered to the room. Otherwise, the restaurants in MK and Akershus would be OK, since Epcot has a real pastry chef now and the Contemporary services MK.

I have never ordered a cake through disney, but I want to surprise my mom with one for our trip in November. I have spent the past few days scouring the treads for ideas.

She loves dumbo!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

How about a circus-themed cake with a screen printed white chocolate image of Dumbo? It could be red with gold "buttons" and "epaulets" around the sides. Or maybe red and white striped like a tent.

Also, I'm a bit confused...we are staying in a mermaid room in art of animation. Can they deliver it in the room or do I have to go to the food court to pick it up!

They can deliver to the room.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was in the process of ordering a specialty fondant cake for my parent's 20th anniversary, things were going well, the people at MagicKingdomCakes were keeping in contact. But then we had to wait for an image to be approved. Which was fine. But After the image was approved they haven't been emailing me back, and we still haven't finalized the order. The ADR where it is supposed to be delivered is on August 11th (that's only 14 days away).

You still have plenty of time, but I'd call or email to find out what the holdup is (see post #2).

I emailed the Contemporary on July 23rd about my custom two tier mini cake and received a prompt response on July 25th from Chef Brian, requesting that I email MK. He said the cake (as outlined below) would be no problem and cost $50.

Colour: "Elsa" Turquoise blue buttercream or fondant
Decoration: Small piped snowflakes / white chocolate snowflake decorations across the cake
Topper or decoration: Small screened Elsa standing on top of the cake. Alternately, if she is placed next to the cake, a larger snowflake standing on top of the cake.
Flavour Icing (External): Vanilla buttercream icing / fondant on the outside of the cake
Flavour Icing (Internal): Chocolate buttercream icing on the inside of the cake
Flavour Cake: Chocolate
Plate writing: Happy 3rd Birthday!

MK followed up today to prep my order. Great service! $50 is pretty steep, but it is a special occasion and it is Disney!

I'll post pictures when we get it delivered to CRT!

Here are more cake photos from DISer ycfan's Cake-tacular 2014 Trip to Walt Disney World....

Where:
Raglan Road (Made by Yacht & Beach Club but delivered to Raglan Road; the restaurant charged a $100 outside cake fee because it offers its own, non-customizable cakes :scared1: )

Flavors:
Red velvet with cream cheese filling

Price: $265

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

Where:
Artist Point (Made by the Contemporary)

Flavors:
Spice cake with cream cheese filling

Price: $159

2014072495191052.jpg

Where:
Jiko

Flavors:
Vanilla with white chocolate mousse

Price: $250

IMG_8903.jpg

Where:
Grand Floridian

Flavors:
Marble cake with alternating white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse layers

Price: $139

IMG_9179.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter