Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how would I be able to take it in with us? Just keep it on the table with us? Would they really be ok with that? Think in room might be a better solution.

Yes, usually the (non-Disney) baker meets you in the lobby and you just take the cake box to your table. You have to cut and serve it yourself, but Disney never seems to bat an eye.

Sorry if this is answered already or not allowed. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places to get a cake off property and possibly have it delivered. Tia

I usually just recommend local wedding and specialty cake bakers. Some of them will deliver to you on property - It's Tasty Too seems to have the most experience with this. Others are Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes, and Bake Me a Cake. You could also order a cake from Publix if you're OK to pick it up.

I am planning on taking my daughter to disney for her bday in march and I wanted to get a cake for her. I wanted to take her to the garden tea room for her birthday and have a tea party and was thinking about getting the cake delivered there. Who would I go through? Or she will be going to CRT for breakfast that morning...do they do anything there? I don't want anything too big since it's just the three of us.

Hi all,

I've tried searching the boards but have come up empty. A good friend who is a retired firefighter will turn 60 the day we get to Disney. Has anyone done/seen a firefighter themed cake? We are having dinner that night at Chef Mickey's, so I know we can get a bit of a fancier cake. Price is not really a worry right now for this.

Thanks!

Ty

Hi all,

I've tried searching the boards but have come up empty. A good friend who is a retired firefighter will turn 60 the day we get to Disney. Has anyone done/seen a firefighter themed cake? We are having dinner that night at Chef Mickey's, so I know we can get a bit of a fancier cake. Price is not really a worry right now for this.

Thanks!

Ty

Not sure who did this cake... but it has an awesome Disney fire fighter theme, that might provide some inspiration... I love the flames.

http://www.disneyeveryday.com/disney-firefighter-cake-featuring-mickey-donald-and-goofy/

Thank you so much for this thread <3
I called the Yacht Club number and arranged for a mini cake for the boy's birthday. They were super helpful and totally plotted with me to have it in the room when we come back to wardrobe change on the big day.
This coupled with the balloons and the birthday candy cake and birthday ears that will be delivered by Disney Floral the day before should make for some pretty awesome birthday treats.
It's all about the cute :thumbsup2

Is there something similar to the chocolate slipper, but more manly? I'd love to surprise DH, but he's not exactly a pretty, pretty princess. princess:

I am planning on taking my daughter to disney for her bday in march and I wanted to get a cake for her. I wanted to take her to the garden tea room for her birthday and have a tea party and was thinking about getting the cake delivered there. Who would I go through? Or she will be going to CRT for breakfast that morning...do they do anything there? I don't want anything too big since it's just the three of us.

For the Garden View Tea Room you'd need to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. For CRT you'd need to contact the Magic Kingdom. Phone numbers and the MK email are in Post #2 of this thread. At CRT you could get the chocolate Cinderella slipper if you wanted something lighter than cake...

Is there something similar to the chocolate slipper, but more manly? I'd love to surprise DH, but he's not exactly a pretty, pretty princess. princess:
You could call Private Dining at the resort and see what alternative treats they offer. They might have chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate truffles in a chocolate box, a cookie plate... that kind of thing.

Not sure who did this cake... but it has an awesome Disney fire fighter theme, that might provide some inspiration... I love the flames.

http://www.disneyeveryday.com/disney-firefighter-cake-featuring-mickey-donald-and-goofy/

Thanks - That's the best one I found when googling it, but wasn't sure if it was something the resort did or someplace else. I guess it would be worth a shot to see if the CR bakery could try and recreate it even as just a one tier cake.

I've been emailing the Contemporary about cake options (Not cakemanbri, someone else returned my email). He says they can do a Star Wars themed cake and gave me a bunch of different characters. Has anyone seen a Star Wars cake from there? Thanks!

Another question about which restraunt at the Contemporary. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's our 1st night, but the kids generally like to make sundaes there. We also have a reservation at California Grill. However, we are leaving 2 days later. This is where I really wanted to get it. It could be our breakfast the next 2 days :rolleyes1. We would have to get an 8" cake. There will be 6 of us at dinner. What are your thoughts? Thanks

Can the lovely cake geniuses here help me decide what to ask for when we go for dinner at CRT this August?

My DD is turning 3, so we are considering getting the smallest of the small cakes to celebrate at CRT. She loves Elsa, so it would be great to get something Frozen style, but it really does have to be a tiny cake. Since we all technically get dessert anyway, it would be a shame to throw a huge amount of cake away at the end of the evening.

I was thinking getting a mini-cake iced in pale "Elsa" blue with piped white snowflakes, plus an Elsa topper of some sort. Do you think they would do this, and since it's at CRT can I just email the magic kingdom cakes email address in this thread to order it?

Another question about which restraunt at the Contemporary. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's our 1st night, but the kids generally like to make sundaes there. We also have a reservation at California Grill. However, we are leaving 2 days later. This is where I really wanted to get it. It could be our breakfast the next 2 days :rolleyes1. We would have to get an 8" cake. There will be 6 of us at dinner. What are your thoughts? Thanks

If you don't want leftovers and they will let you, get a 6-inch cake. It will have no problem feeding 6 of you, especially if 2 are kids.

I was thinking getting a mini-cake iced in pale "Elsa" blue with piped white snowflakes, plus an Elsa topper of some sort. Do you think they would do this, and since it's at CRT can I just email the magic kingdom cakes email address in this thread to order it?

They can't put toppers on mini cakes, unless it's, like, one of the teeny tiny candy snowflakes they sometimes put on cakes. They could do a screen print of Elsa on white chocolate and stand it next to the cake on the plate. But first you have to go through the rigamarole of explaining to the MK cakes people that you don't want one of their 2 standard mini cake styles and that you want to work with the Contemporary to customize your mini cake.

DISer and Cake Thread regular ycfan is at WDW right now, where she's ordered a different cake for each day of her trip! She asked me to post the first batch of photos and info here for you guys, and I am so excited to see such high-quality work from each of the pastry teams!

Where: Yacht & Beach Club

Price: $540

Flavors: Vanilla cake with cookies 'n' cream filling

IMG_8139.jpg

Where: Contemporary

Price: $390

Flavors: Lemon cake (and filling?)

IMG_6805.jpg

Where: Hoop Dee Doo (created by Contemporary pastry team)

Price: $215

Flavors: Chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling

IMG_9759.jpg

Where: Epcot

Price: $750

Flavors: Almond cake with Amaretto Crunch filling

(This one is doubly cool because Epcot's pastry team meticulously replicated a cake originally made by the Grand Floridian for a Disney Wedding!)

IMG_2604.jpg

I can't wait to hear the full story behind these cakes, like how her group ended up with that many celebrations and what on earth they did with all the leftover cake! :teeth:

Sooooo many choices....HELP!
For our winter trip.......Jan 26- Feb 1, 2015......my DD will be 18........
Where should I order from?

Has anyone had a cake delivered at 50s prime time cafe? It will be for my husband and daughters birthdays. Thought that would be a fun place to celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter