***Official December 2017 thread!

Hello everyone!! We just had the opportunity to buy my friend's DVC reservation over NYE, and added a couple of extra nights on the front. I didn't know whether to join December or January's planning group, so I'm joining both!

Just DH and I, no kids, 12/29 - 31 at All Star Movies and 12/31 - 1/3 at AKL.

I'm an AP holder this year, and I'm glad to get this 4th trip squeezed in before it expires. We plan to be brave since it's just the two of us, and we'll be in Magic Kingdom on 12/30 and Epcot on 12/31. As soon as the trip was even a possibility I made dining reservations, so now that it's all official I need to go make sure I didn't do anything too crazy, haha!

Looking forward to checking things out around the thread...I wasn't expecting to go in December again so soon, and we're very excited!

Still no ROL Dining Package though for November or December. I was hoping and praying it would open up on September 1st. Not so much.......:confused:

Our dates changed due to college exam schedules ... BUT I was able to book a room on site -- with a passholder discount!!!!

Now our plans look like this:

Dec 11 - Drive south :)
Dec 12 - Universal
Dec 13 - Universal
Dec 14 - Disney Springs / MVMCP
Dec 15 - Animal Kingdom
Dec 16 - Magic Kingdom
Dec 17 - Hollywood Studios / Disney Springs
Dec 18 - Epcot
Dec 19 - Drive home :(

Last edited:
so I guess when they put the Star Wars fireworks on the schedule for early December, it was a mistake? I got so excited when I saw that and now it's gone.

Hello everyone!! We just had the opportunity to buy my friend's DVC reservation over NYE, and added a couple of extra nights on the front. I didn't know whether to join December or January's planning group, so I'm joining both!

I'm an AP holder this year, and I'm glad to get this 4th trip squeezed in before it expires. We plan to be brave since it's just the two of us, and we'll be in Magic Kingdom on 12/30 and Epcot on 12/31. As soon as the trip was even a possibility I made dining reservations, so now that it's all official I need to go make sure I didn't do anything too crazy, haha!

Looking forward to checking things out around the thread...I wasn't expecting to go in December again so soon, and we're very excited!

Hi! I'm glad you were able to get in a 4th trip.

Hey XLSM- another December trip aye!

DH and I just did an adults only trip for the first time at the beginning of August and it was AMAZING! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour since we had no kids and it was so cool!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking and decided to jump in on the planning fun! We'll be celebrating my husband's 50th during our stay at the Wilderness Lodge 12/20-12/27. I had good luck getting my ADRs thus far. I spent two months checking in every night for Christmas Day brunch at 1900 Park Fare. When I finally snagged it I was so happy I nearly cried! Here's our plan:

20--Hoop Dee Doo 4pm
21--Epcot: CLP dinner pkg at Tokyo Dining and NPH as narrator!
22--Hanging at hotel; B & D at Whispering Canyon
23--MK: Liberty Tree for dinner but hoping to snag CP or Plaza; dessert party with plaza viewing
24--HS: H&V for Fantasmic lunch pkg; Star Wars dessert party
25--Hanging at hotel; brunch at 1900 PF; dinner at Ohana then watching fireworks from beach
26--MK: BOG for breakfast; Liberty Tree for lunch; CP for dinner
27--Hanging at hotel and DS; Whispering Canyon for breakfast; Homecomin' for late lunch before departure

This is our 4th visit but 3rd Christmas trip. We've never come this late (usually do 17th-23rd) so I'm a bit nervous about the crowd levels. I'm trying to follow the mantra "Do less, Enjoy more" but it sure is hard to do!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking and decided to jump in on the planning fun! We'll be celebrating my husband's 50th during our stay at the Wilderness Lodge 12/20-12/27. I had good luck getting my ADRs thus far. I spent two months checking in every night for Christmas Day brunch at 1900 Park Fare. When I finally snagged it I was so happy I nearly cried! Here's our plan:

20--Hoop Dee Doo 4pm
21--Epcot: CLP dinner pkg at Tokyo Dining and NPH as narrator!
22--Hanging at hotel; B & D at Whispering Canyon
23--MK: Liberty Tree for dinner but hoping to snag CP or Plaza; dessert party with plaza viewing
24--HS: H&V for Fantasmic lunch pkg; Star Wars dessert party
25--Hanging at hotel; brunch at 1900 PF; dinner at Ohana then watching fireworks from beach
26--MK: BOG for breakfast; Liberty Tree for lunch; CP for dinner
27--Hanging at hotel and DS; Whispering Canyon for breakfast; Homecomin' for late lunch before departure

This is our 4th visit but 3rd Christmas trip. We've never come this late (usually do 17th-23rd) so I'm a bit nervous about the crowd levels. I'm trying to follow the mantra "Do less, Enjoy more" but it sure is hard to do!
We'll be there from the 19th-24th in WL as well!

Was everyone looking able to get their RoL packages??
No, I got on last night around 9:00 p.m. when people started saying the dates were opening up. I checked up until around 11:30 off an on to see if they were actually live. Got up this morning at around 6:30 and checked and still no availability. Now, I am needing a table for 8 on December 21st at Tusker House at around 10:30, so I know that's a lot of people, and breakfast is the most popular, but literally, I checked every single day from November 1st until December 21st at that time (10:00 - 11:00) for that many people and it said no availability (just as a test to see availability). There is no way there isn't any availability for any of those days. I'm guessing that they still haven't released all the reservations. So, once again, I'll just keep on checking....:confused3

I wasn't able to get a ROL package for my AK day either. My day is 11/28. I'll just keep stalking.

No, I got on last night around 9:00 p.m. when people started saying the dates were opening up. I checked up until around 11:30 off an on to see if they were actually live. Got up this morning at around 6:30 and checked and still no availability. Now, I am needing a table for 8 on December 21st at Tusker House at around 10:30, so I know that's a lot of people, and breakfast is the most popular, but literally, I checked every single day from November 1st until December 21st at that time (10:00 - 11:00) for that many people and it said no availability (just as a test to see availability). There is no way there isn't any availability for any of those days. I'm guessing that they still haven't released all the reservations. So, once again, I'll just keep on checking....:confused3
I have a party of 8 as well and I had to split up 4 and 4. I was on at about 7am this morning.

Hi All! :wave2:

I am joining this thread tonight feeling a bit down and a bit up all at the same time. I just cancelled my September trip to WDW as a result of Hurricane Irma, so I'm a bit in need of a :grouphug: group hug. But, we rebooked for for December! The 18th - 28th to be exact. It will be out first time at WDW over Christmas and we're so excited!

Time to update my ticker and get to re-planning :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter