***Official December 2017 thread!

It is tricky to do this because the first reservation you make has to be under another name (not yours) and then you can make a second reservation with you as the lead. You can't make the first in your name and there isn't a way to change the lead name existing reservation. I had this issue too and had to read a few threads to figure that part out!
Genius!!!! It worked!!! :-) Thanks so much for your help!!!! :tinker:

Anyone else doing Star Wars Galactic Nights on the 16th? We arrive in Orlando on the 15th but don't check in to Sports until the 17th so will be offsite for the party. Purchased a memory maker and best I can tell the photos from the 16th would be included even if we had not checked into our Disney hotel. Is this correct? TIA

Anyone know when the candlelight processional readers will be announced for the 7th of Dec. It's our first time going and of course it says TBD. :)

I'm waiting for that one, too. I am going to the party in MK on the 7th but am very curious who will be there Dec 6-8......

I don't think I've added my group to the roll call yet...but we booked flights today, so it's pretty official now!

It'll be me, my wife and four boys (5,3,1,3months) and we will be staying in a Family Suite at ASMu from November 28-December 10. We added the extra day so that we could get a direct flight home, but it doesn't look like there's any availability for the suites, so we may have to do two standard rooms for the last night. My plans right now look like this:

Nov 29 - Epcot (Maybe swich to HS)
Nov 30 - AK
Dec 1 - MK
Dec 2 - HS (Maybe switch to Epcot)
Dec 3 - Day off (I am sending my wife to Universal by herself for the day so that she can experience Harry Potter)
Dec 4 - Epcot
Dec 5 - MK
Dec 6 - AK
Dec 7 - MK
Dec 8 - MK or wherever we feel we've missed seeing more
Dec 9 - Day Off (Pool, Resort Hop or Disney Springs

We can't wait. We were originall supposed to depart today, but a surprise pregnancy changed those plans :)

I don't think I've added my group to the roll call yet...but we booked flights today, so it's pretty official now!

It'll be me, my wife and four boys (5,3,1,3months) and we will be staying in a Family Suite at ASMu from November 28-December 10. We added the extra day so that we could get a direct flight home, but it doesn't look like there's any availability for the suites, so we may have to do two standard rooms for the last night. My plans right now look like this:

Nov 29 - Epcot (Maybe swich to HS)
Nov 30 - AK
Dec 1 - MK
Dec 2 - HS (Maybe switch to Epcot)
Dec 3 - Day off (I am sending my wife to Universal by herself for the day so that she can experience Harry Potter)
Dec 4 - Epcot
Dec 5 - MK
Dec 6 - AK
Dec 7 - MK
Dec 8 - MK or wherever we feel we've missed seeing more
Dec 9 - Day Off (Pool, Resort Hop or Disney Springs

We can't wait. We were originall supposed to depart today, but a surprise pregnancy changed those plans :)
I'll be at AK on 30th too!

We're going December 24th thru January 1st---And I'm going to be out of the country, literally without internet when my 60 day fast pass window opens! I've got the weight of this task delegated to my 20 year old son...who I have to trust to wake up at 5am...while at college...after studying most of the night. eek. He's my best bet tho...He's the next in line for biggest Disney dork after me. My daughter and DH just go along for the fun:)

Hey everyone! I'm booked at Yacht Club from 12/2-12/9 and I just went online to see if any higher room categories were available, and there weren't. I then checked availability at every other Deluxe hotel - nothing. EVERY Disney property is booked, with the exception of Copper Creek Villas.

So, that being said, am I to expect the same crowd levels for the first week of December as over Christmas/New Year's???

I understand that there is no "slow" season anymore, and I wouldn't expect to wait 10-15 minutes for Space Mountain, but every hotel booked solid?!

Looks like everyone who runs a crowd calendar will need to update their crowd levels...

I have been stressing over this as well! I booked this week bc I have always heard such great things, but now everything is booked solid! Im really hoping there is another reason behind this rather than it's just going to be packed. haha wishful thinking!

Early December has Pop Warner & the Christmas parade taping. And the rumor has spread that early December is less crowded -- which makes it more crowded! lol

We went December 3rd - 11th in 2015 and I was shocked how crowded it was. Now it wasn't horrible by any means. But the crowds were similar to what we see in May & August. So summer type crowds -- without the heat! The Christmas party was extremely crowded.

We were originally planning on going November 30th - December 8th this year and I couldn't find a room on site! Anywhere. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn -- but then my college daughter learned she had clinicals before her final exams that she couldn't miss (she's in nursing school) so our dates moved to December 11th - 19th and right away we found a room on site! In fact, I had my choice of value resorts. Hoping that means lower crowds!

Today is our double digit day!! 99 days until we are "home" for a week and 100 days until we start our drive down. Just hoping for good weather on our trip. Also getting a little nervous to pay off balance for our trip! DH busy time at work and they haven't had time to do his year end settle up (well actually 2 years! Grr...one thing I hate about a sales job) and we are waiting on that money to pay off trip. Sometimes it can be so stressful trying to get all of our ducks in a row!

I had wanted to do the Highway in the Sky progressive dinner, but when I saw the price increase... WOW. So instead I think my son and I will make our own and hit the bar areas of the dining venues along the monorail for appetizers and a drink, then make a final dinner reservation at either the contemporary or Narcosses.

:santa:
less then 100 days and i don't have anything left to do except wait till the end of Oct. when i can do FP's :banana:,
i have my ressies for BoG:woohoo:

11am lunch on Christmas Eve,
8am breakfast on Christmas Day.
my flights are booked, i'm on an early flight, get into Orlando @ 8:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter