***Official December 2017 thread!

I'll be honest, I was sweating at the 180 day mark b/c I was not getting into anywhere at 6 a.m. This week, I was able to finalize all of our ADR's for 12/1-12/10, and around the times we want.

This is our first time going during the holidays so we were wanting to concentrate on all of those special holiday only things and not so much the rides, so early morning breakfast weren't a must. Still managed:

Breakfasts at: Cape May, BOG, Akershus, Garden Grill
Lunches at: Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Plaza, San Angel Inn, Tony's (w/parade seating) & Frontera Cocina
Dinners at: 'Ohana, BOG, Liberty Tree, 50's Prime, Whispering Canyon, Yak & Yeti
Extras: Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, HEA dessert party & Wonderland Tea Party (at VGF)

I so highly recommend the dining apps, they were key for me, I have never used them before and was ecstatic with some of my 'gets' - and so much better than logging on several times a day to try and grab what I wanted (which I still did, but all of my hard-to-gets were from an app finder)

Hope this helps anyone struggling like I was.
Which dining app do you use?

My dates are 11/26-12/9, and I realized somehow I forgot to get a TS ressie for one of our MK days, on the 29th. I dont' know how I overlooked this. So, I've been trying to get a ressie for one of the MK table service restaurants with no luck. Not a single time slot open in any restaurant in MK on that day, and I've been trying for days. It's kinda scary how booked up everything is. We always go to disney this time of year, and usually it's not that crowded at all. Don't know what's going on this year, but it seems like it's going to be packed. I hope not, but it's impossible to get an ADR and all rooms are booked.

My dates are 11/26-12/9, and I realized somehow I forgot to get a TS ressie for one of our MK days, on the 29th. I dont' know how I overlooked this. So, I've been trying to get a ressie for one of the MK table service restaurants with no luck. Not a single time slot open in any restaurant in MK on that day, and I've been trying for days. It's kinda scary how booked up everything is. We always go to disney this time of year, and usually it's not that crowded at all. Don't know what's going on this year, but it seems like it's going to be packed. I hope not, but it's impossible to get an ADR and all rooms are booked.

I agree, we are going 11/24-12/3. I have all my reservations in place, I got everything I wanted at my 180th day mark and have since decided to add 4 additional ones. As I've watched the cancelled reservation posts and read the November & December threads, i do notice that people have multiple bookings for the same place because they don't have all their plans in place and/or are waiting on certain parties & packages to open up. So I think lots will get dropped as we get closer and closer. I do suspect it'll be busier than in the past though too. But seriously I read one person dropping 4-6 BOG ressies over the period of a week once they got the exact thing they were waiting on. Don't loose hope!!!

WOO HOO, my son, his wife and my grandchildren have decided to drive out to WDW while I am there and joining the party!! It is going to be such great fun watching my grandchildrens eyes light up with the magic of Disney. AND even better we will be celebrating my grandson's 10th birthday on December 13th!

They will be staying off site as well from 12/9/17 through.12/17/17! (Silver Lake Resort)

So I guess I will chime in-looking to book in the morning but after finding out a friend is getting married in Orlando December 9, we've decided to add a 4 day trip to Disney! I am over the moon excited-last teipmwas las December-we stayed at POP, not sure where we will end up this trip, but will be DH, DD-15, DD-19, DDBoyfriend-21, and myself. Will be doing 2 rooms for privacy and most importantly, 2 bathrooms! 4 days seems short but it's a year we normally wouldn't be going and dare I say it, my DD keeps saying we should take trip somewhere else:( I will keep planning and now dealing with the budget....this will be a more budgeted trip than most but hoping an4 day hopper and maybe a value resort will be good(have to add we normally drive but are planning on flying this trip) have a unique code for room discount, hoping there are some available...will buy Disney gift cards for paying the trip as well as food. Let the planning begin:)

Yay! Any trip to Disney is exciting, but an unexpected trip is that much more exciting! And 4 days is better than no days. Hopefully you can find a room, everything seems to be booked up. Good luck with your planning!

Are we all getting ready for the next round of Room/Package discounts, our dates wasn't covered in the Free Dining,
Has anyone heard anything? Hope it works out, were staying at the Poly and sure could use a discount,

I am curious about the same thing! I use the touring plans reservation finder and mouse dining but I have not heard of an app.
I use the touring plans reservation finder but I don't know about the mouse dining. Can you tell me where I can find it? Thank You!

I use the touring plans reservation finder but I don't know about the mouse dining. Can you tell me where I can find it? Thank You!
I have always loved the touring plans finder and found it to work quite well!
Though I have noticed a few times where it was not checked for a good 12 hours. I had read a few posts on here referring to mouse dining. So, I googled it and found mouse dining.com I just registered about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't seen a single notification. I believe that it is all set up correctly, but I did a test search, and I put in a reservation that I know was available from MDE. It did not find it, nor did it notify me of the availability, and it has been a few days now. I do not know why it isn't finding things. So, I just use the touring plans finder and I do seem to have luck. Like many say, you do seem to get what you want in the end. Our trip was the same time last year, and I was able to get everything that I wanted, and I had changed my plans so many times.
. Many people have been speaking very highly of some dining "apps," so I wasn't sure if there any others, or if they're referring to touring plans.

I have always loved the touring plans finder and found it to work quite well!
Though I have noticed a few times where it was not checked for a good 12 hours. I had read a few posts on here referring to mouse dining. So, I googled it and found mouse dining.com I just registered about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't seen a single notification. I believe that it is all set up correctly, but I did a test search, and I put in a reservation that I know was available from MDE. It did not find it, nor did it notify me of the availability, and it has been a few days now. I do not know why it isn't finding things. So, I just use the touring plans finder and I do seem to have luck. Like many say, you do seem to get what you want in the end. Our trip was the same time last year, and I was able to get everything that I wanted, and I had changed my plans so many times.
. Many people have been speaking very highly of some dining "apps," so I wasn't sure if there any others, or if they're referring to touring plans.
Thank You. I will google it. I have noticed the same thing with touring plans so I still randomly check it on my own too. Thanks again!

I have had good luck when I randomly check for ADRs in the middle of the night like 2:30-3am. My dh gets up for work around that time & i always wake up when he's getting ready.

I used *********** recently & did find a couple of reservations. We just decided to change some things around & now I need 2 more ADRs. So I setup finders on both MD & TP.

Reactions: KDE
I have had good luck when I randomly check for ADRs in the middle of the night like 2:30-3am. My dh gets up for work around that time & i always wake up when he's getting ready.

I used *********** recently & did find a couple of reservations. We just decided to change some things around & now I need 2 more ADRs. So I setup finders on both MD & TP.
I am going to set my alarm for 3 am for a while. Maybe that will work.

Last edited:
I booked my airfare last night...flying on Southwest...leaving Chicago on Thanksgiving afternoon...spending 3 days in Orlando...visiting my cousin's family...probably do Universal on Black Friday...do you think it will be crazy at UNI that Friday???...then on Sunday transfer to WDW for the week...head back home Saturday night around 8pm...total airfare for 2 people was $497.96...that's less than $250 a person...I think that's a deal considering I'm flying out on Thanksgiving Day...YEAH!!!!!!!!

John

How big is your party?? I've been checking as well on that day and I have found ressies for 2 people at a couple locations...

John

I was wondering if the different parks did rope drop ceremonies? 14 years ago when we went during early December each park had a different rope drop, Epcot had a double decker bus with characters dressed in their holiday outfits that went around spaceship earth and opened the park. I have no clue if they still do this during the holidays. We are rope drop people and if it still exists it makes another reason to see it.

I know there are several of us on this thread waiting for information about plans for the Star Wars The Last Jedi premiere. Hollywood Studios has changed its closing time on Saturday, December 16 for an event. This doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with Star Wars, but I thought I'd put the info out there for those interested. I suspect we won't get any specifics about anything until fall, which is very frustrating for our planning!

Are we all getting ready for the next round of Room/Package discounts, our dates wasn't covered in the Free Dining,
Has anyone heard anything? Hope it works out, were staying at the Poly and sure could use a discount,

I've been waiting for this too! Rooms look so booked though, if you have a room reserved will they give you the discount?!

I've been waiting for this too! Rooms look so booked though, if you have a room reserved will they give you the discount?!

Discount was released at 6am EST this morning. Very limited availability and not a very high savings. A few people have reported success over on the 2017 December Discount thread, but many did not get anything. They will apply a discount if there is availability for your room- but it is always limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter