***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

I was able to...
Me too!!
I only called in to clarify if I’d be able to switch an ADR into a CP res since I read on here that someone had managed to do it. The CM told me no and then offered to search for a CP res for me. She was so sweet!! At first there was nothing I wanted for Christmas Day (breakfast at GG was what I wanted) and out of nowhere appeared exactly what I needed. The breakfast res at GG with a 5 pm showtime so I can drive back home the same day o_Oo_Oo_O
I’ll call this some pixie dust magic. :yay:

I called DVC member services and got told 11 minute wait...7 minutes in a dropped my phone and accidentally disconnected the call lol. Called back ans it was a 15 minute wait. Lovely CM looked for GG breakfast on 12/9 but no dice. Got a 12:45 lunch on 12/13 for a 5pm show with Blair Underwood instead.

Will try tomorrow for GG. I do have a regular breakfast aDr there already just in case.

For all I know, they opened it up to all.

I think you know that was not the case. It was a failure of verification by the dining CM, who most likely assumed you had been properly vetted before being transferred.

For the record, I was asked and verified...but also called Dining via the AP line directly.

2nd attempt - the total time spent on the call (including the survey) was 25 minutes. So better than my 1st attempt this morning. I was able to book for 11/26 and 11/30. I can't wait to find out who my narrators will be! I had to book a 2:40 lunch at San Angel Inn for the 6:45 processional. I was able to book a 5pm dinner at Chefs de France for the 8:15 processional. My mother is going with me and she is dying to try both restaurants. Like others have posted, I may get up early tomorrow morning and see if I can some up with slightly better times. But overall, I'm one happy AP! Also, after the CM got my information she commented that I was AP and DVC so I didn't have to offer any proof of AP. Good luck to everyone out there booking today and/or tomorrow!

I don't know if you have been answered yet.
The Holiday D-Lights Tour is on the WDW site, so it looks like they will do it again this year.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/holiday-d-lights/
Did you know it is $297.14 per person? It does cover several activities in the 6 hours. It starts at 3:45PM, and will conclude after Illuminations.
Your group will be eating together as a group at a big table at Whispering Canyon Cafe, so you don't have to (or get to) pick a restaurant. It is not available every night, just offered on "select dates" in Nov & Dec. It would probably be good to go ahead and call and find out what you need to know so you can plan around it, though they may not have firmed up the dates yet they will offer it this year. It is expensive, but also covers a lot of "HOliday Delights", haha.
I did this the last year of the Osborn lights. Definitely worth doing, got to see CP also.

I called DVC Member Services and got the best CM I've ever interacted with after a 10 minute hold, sadly the survey option didn't pop up after our call :(

I was able to get a 5:40PM Via Napoli on Dec 14th with Blair Underwood's narration. I forgot to ask the price, but oh well.

Ok what am I missing? The OP says they are taking bookings July 11th ... which is tomorrow ... but people have been booking?
The people booking have Annual Passes which get it a day earlier. The general public gets it tomorrow.

DVC and annual passholders could prebook today, apparently with limited availability.

an app, entree, dessert and non specialty/alcoholic drink...guessing a pizza can be ordered for more than one person but not sure how that works

Doesn't work that way...individual pizzas can count as an entree with the package. Can't get a larger pizza to share.

I forgot to add, I actually was asked if I was an ap and they took my ap number. So I guess the experience varies depending on CM. SHOCKING, I know :rotfl:

Finally got through. But so disappointed. She told me Trattoria breakfast wasn’t being offered at all. Nothing available for garden grill breakfast on 3 different dates. All she had for breakfast was Akershus and Ale and Compass. Hopefully more options will open up tomorrow. :sad1:

She did ask for my AP number, which I couldn’t find anywhere on MDE. She finally allowed me to book without bc I could tell her exactly what pass I had and when it expires. Do y’all know where to find this number other than your card (which I don’t have with me at work)?

I forgot to add, I actually was asked if I was an ap and they took my ap number. So I guess the experience varies depending on CM. SHOCKING, I know :rotfl:
I wasn't asked this time either, but I first had been working with the hotel people to link a reservation, so I wonder if they had my account all pulled up from that & didn't need it?

Well they should know more than me, lol. I was on the phone modifying my package reservations and after she was done, she asked if there was anything else she could reserve for me, I said I still needed the Candlelight package, and she transferred me to Dining. The CM there had all my info, and she said she’d be happy to book it. For all I know, they opened it up to all.[/QUOTE] by disneyonmymind

Come on you knew it was for AP holders. You are on this board.

Last edited:
$44 to $58.58. I was not expecting that.

OMG! The price for the Biergarten is really high! I thought the markup was usually like 20% or something like that, right? That's about $20 higher than a regular Biergarten lunch, isn't it?

I am wondering if they gave you the wrong price. I booked dinner at 5:15 and the price is 58.58 including tax but not tip.

Oh, I bet that's it! Lunch at Biergarten is about $8-$9 cheaper than dinner on a normal basis (not sure why since it's a buffet for both meals, LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter