• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Why are so many saying they could not get Garden Grill for breakfast? I thought we knew that was not going to be included? Just wishful thinking or did I miss an announcement that Garden Grill breakfast will be included.

1) Disney Parks Blog info isn’t always 100% accurate (the lists have been incomplete on MNSSHP announcements, etc.)

2) Posters have been told by CMs (including the CM I spoke with today) that they don’t believe all GG ADRs have been fully released for that timeframe.

Why are so many saying they could not get Garden Grill for breakfast? I thought we knew that was not going to be included? Just wishful thinking or did I miss an announcement that Garden Grill breakfast will be included.
They only release a small portion for early booking. More will be available tomorrow.

OK after an hour and a half on the phone (50 mins on hold) I came away with 6 adults and 3 kids 230 Akershus 645 show December 5th for NPH!

The phone call did not start as rosy as it finished. The first CM told me that there was nothing available at Akershus at all anymore and that I should have called in this morning (!!!:headache: kept my cool). She booked me for Ale and Compass CP breakfast and Chefs d'France Dinner CP package so that I could decide if i wanted to adjust to something else. I wasn't looking to add another restaurant to the day and didn't want to take away the princesses from my daughters. I requested a supervisor and then calmly explained the situation to her.

I told her that I booked a regular ADR for Akershus lunch at the 180 day window. Today, I did my due diligance, was on the phone with a CM at 7:01, 9:01, and 9:33 today and now that they randomly fixed the problem, Akershus CP packages are all booked. I mentioned that the original CM at the 180 day window said that they could just add the CP package since I had an active reservation. She immediately said "yep that's what I'm about to do". She explained that it's possible that my own standard reservation was 'blocking' the availability for a CP reservation (makes sense), and that although she's technically cancelling my old reservation, she is first manually adding in a new CP reservation to match my original, overriding the 'unavailable' status. (somehow)

So I would say that the strategy of the 'placeholder' 180 day reservation actually worked, albeit with some bonus legwork. The supervisor acted like this is something that happens all the time, although the CM response was 50/50. (I cancelled the 2 'backup' CP reservations as well)

the strategy of the 'placeholder' 180 day reservation actually worked, albeit with some bonus legwork. The supervisor acted like this is something that happens all the time, although the CM response was 50/50
100%. unfortunately the percentage of CMs who have/utilize all the correct info and procedures is quite low most of the time. Good call asking for a supervisor quickly (on that 4th phone call)

47 minutes on hold and I was disconnected. I can't try again for another 2 hours (next opportunity in my schedule since I'm at work) :guilty:

I called the AP number at 12:40pm, really had no wait at all--just the usual pre-call information, then a live person to transfer me to dining person. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with her. I was hoping to get Teppan Edo for lunch on 11/23 with a 6:45 or 8:15 CP package. Lunch at Teppan Edo was only with the 5PM show. I asked the price for dinner...$78.81. I don't really want to pay that much. I asked if there were any 'lunch' restaurants with the later shows--Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Akershus ($77), Garden Grill, and Rose and Crown. I went with Rose and Crown at 12:10PM (8:15 CP show) for $63.90 (including tax).

Not really happy with it, but I didn't want to keep bothering the cast member (she was very nice, but I didn't want to keep bugging her!) I would prefer to book online or at least have all the prices ahead of time! We'll see, I might end up changing it once the online booking comes up!

I called the AP number at 12:40pm, really had no wait at all--just the usual pre-call information, then a live person to transfer me to dining person. Spent 15 minutes on the phone with her. I was hoping to get Teppan Edo for lunch on 11/23 with a 6:45 or 8:15 CP package. Lunch at Teppan Edo was only with the 5PM show. I asked the price for dinner...$78.81. I don't really want to pay that much. I asked if there were any 'lunch' restaurants with the later shows--Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Akershus ($77), Garden Grill, and Rose and Crown. I went with Rose and Crown at 12:10PM (8:15 CP show) for $63.90 (including tax).

Not really happy with it, but I didn't want to keep bothering the cast member (she was very nice, but I didn't want to keep bugging her!) I would prefer to book online or at least have all the prices ahead of time! We'll see, I might end up changing it once the online booking comes up!
Yeah it was a hassle checking prices and times, not only meal time but show time. Felt bad but Disney could make it easier. Just have us be able to book online or list the pricing earlier. Also seemed the CM could only search specific time and get yes or no and not other time options. Would have to do new search for other time.

I called twice today, once to link a resort res for this weekend and once to set up DME for that reservation (never used it before and wasn't sure what to do). First time I got right through and booked my CP package since I was on the phone already. Second time I was on hold for about 25 minutes to get to resort reservations. *shrug*

I called at 12:30 and waited for 50 mins for a CM. Was able to book Trattoria dinner, 8:15 show on 12/14 and Ale and Compass breakfast, 8:15 show on 12/16. The CM was very frustrated by the system lagging but was very helpful. He also said not everything is loaded so if there is another time, show or restaurant we want to keep checking online. So glad I got what we wanted but really frustrated with Disney.

Yes - just give them your confirmation number

Was able to book rose and crown dinner with Neil Patrick harris for last show through AP line after 50 minute hold and being transferred to 2 agents due to computer problems they were having. So glad!

I called the AP number at 10:20. Was on hold for a good 50 minutes then booked Le Chefs in France for an early dinner at 4:10 with a 6:45 showtime. I asked if I could have done a lunch with that same time and she made it seem like i could.....but I didn't want to spend any more time on this today. I'll look tomorrow and adjust if necessary. Anyway, happy to have NPH on 12/3. Had to totally reschedule this trip as of this morning so instead of starting this trip with eith the CP, we're ending it the. Bummer is Iost my Wilderness Lodge but gained a Contemporary, Theme Park view :)

Either everything wasn't loaded, or they set aside only a small percentage of slots for pre-booking. Disney's done both before. Could be both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter