***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

For those who’ve asked, we’ve seen both Chita Rivera and Edward James Olmos as narrators. They were both fantastic. Chita was particularly wonderful.

This year, we’re finally there on a NPH date. At last!

Last year we hadn't planned on CP but ended up coming out of the American Adventure as it was starting. NPH was the narrator. We watched from the plaza. It was wonderful. Our DD's choir will be performing one of the night Gary Sinise is the narrator. We are so excited! We will definitely be doing a package and getting in line early to ensure seats in the theater. Does anyone know if we can record it? We would sit in the back or way off to the side so not to bother anyone but won't record if it's not permitted.
How well could you hear from the plaza? ie, was it hearable the narration or just the singing?

We heard perfectly. We were sitting on the brick retaining wall that surrounds one of the trees. We could even see NPH although he was tiny from our vantage point. The speakers really projected the narration and the choirs. The most amazing part of it was the Hallelujah chorus. The entire audience stood up as well as those listening in the plaza area. Even many people in the walkway stopped to listen. I found that very moving.

My husband saw Pat Sajak and said it was good, injecting a little humor but still taking it seriously.

I've always wondered - why does everyone stand for the Hallelujah chorus? I always stand because everyone else does, but I've never know why.

My husband saw Pat Sajak and said it was good, injecting a little humor but still taking it seriously.

I've always wondered - why does everyone stand for the Hallelujah chorus? I always stand because everyone else does, but I've never know why.
My understanding of why people stand is this. When Handel first presented Messiah, King George stood during the Hallelujah Chorus because he assumed it was about him (KING OF KINGS ...). And of course, no one was allowed to be sitting when the king stands, so the audience all stood... and the rest, as they say, is history.

It is just tradition to stand, the reason seems to be that King George II stood up during the chorus at the Messiah’s premiere. Why he stood I am not sure anyone knows.

What’s your favorite restaurant to choose for the package and why? Trying to decide which I’ll pick up on Wednesday.

My understanding of why people stand is this. When Handel first presented Messiah, King George stood during the Hallelujah Chorus because he assumed it was about him (KING OF KINGS ...). And of course, no one was allowed to be sitting when the king stands, so the audience all stood... and the rest, as they say, is history.

Thank you! I've wondered that for years and years and never remembered to ask - now I know!

How does seating areas work for those using a dining packagein wheelchair scooters? Designated areas?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I just got an AP email saying that APs can start booking the CP on 7/10!

Thank you so much for posting this.:worship:We all have annual passes and none of us received this email to date! I don’t get emails about AP things ...... I have to call someone. It does show in our MDE profiles though. o_O

How does seating areas work for those using a dining packagein wheelchair scooters? Designated areas?
If I remember correctly, there is a separate line that runs parallel with the regular line to get in. They will bring groups from that line in first and get everyone settled before they let the main Candlelight Processional line in.

What’s your favorite restaurant to choose for the package and why? Trying to decide which I’ll pick up on Wednesday.

WE have booked Teppan Edu, AL Forno, Coral Reef, and San Angel Inn. I enjoyed all of them, and will say that the service and food at Al Forno was outstanding. This year I plan to book Coral Reef. In the past the food and service has been hit or miss, however I thought it would be an iconic Disney restaurant for my nieces to try. I am pleased to see a lot of positive reviews lately.

We always do dinner at Chefs as it is a favorite anyway so select it with the package and feel it is one of the best decorated countries plus on the same side of the lagoon as the CP so we might see the movie there after dinner or walk around a little bit before getting in the package line.

Do you think it’s worth it to add an extra day to book a CP package? Originally planned on a quick two day/one night trip to do MVMCP, but love Christmas and Epcot so I’m wondering if it’s worth the money for an extra ticket day and extra hotel night? Would probably add $400 or so total for us, which I don’t mind if it’s a must-see. We’ve never been to Disney during Christmas.
Well, I'm already going down Dec 15-22, and plan on booking a night that Gary Sinese is there. BUT....my dd is a CM and auditioning for the CM choir later this month. If she is lucky enough to get in, I'll be flying down specifically to go at least one night that she is singing!!! I don't care when it is...I want to see her do that at least once. It has been a dream of hers since she was 12 y/o!!! So, I'll see it at least once this season, as always, but possibly more.

We heard perfectly. We were sitting on the brick retaining wall that surrounds one of the trees. We could even see NPH although he was tiny from our vantage point. The speakers really projected the narration and the choirs. The most amazing part of it was the Hallelujah chorus. The entire audience stood up as well as those listening in the plaza area. Even many people in the walkway stopped to listen. I found that very moving.
I love the Hallelujah Chorus. Love to sing it too. I am really looking forward to this.

Can someone with an AP check back Tuesday and let us know if there is the option to book a garden grill breakfast package please? If it isn’t I’ve got some shuffling to do. Thanks!

Well, I'm already going down Dec 15-22, and plan on booking a night that Gary Sinese is there. BUT....my dd is a CM and auditioning for the CM choir later this month. If she is lucky enough to get in, I'll be flying down specifically to go at least one night that she is singing!!! I don't care when it is...I want to see her do that at least once. It has been a dream of hers since she was 12 y/o!!! So, I'll see it at least once this season, as always, but possibly more.
Fingers crossed for your daughter, what a wonderful opportunity!

Reactions: TAK
Can someone with an AP check back Tuesday and let us know if there is the option to book a garden grill breakfast package please? If it isn’t I’ve got some shuffling to do. Thanks!
Same! I will reply here if it works :)

This will be my first time seeing the Candlelight Processional and I want to make sure I plan everything just right! Can anyone tell me how the timing works for the dining packages and the shows? I mean-- if I reserve a dinner around 5-5:30pm, will I be able to get tickets to the last show of the evening? Or alternatively, if I want to see the first show of the evening, do I need to book a breakfast or lunch? Or can I book a late dinner?
Thanks!

It's been 10 years since I've been to Disney at Christmas and did the dining package so I'm a little foggy, but I was thinking the restaurants have a set menu you select from for the CP dining package. Is that correct or am I not remembering correctly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter