***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Hi, any tips on how to book this quick on July 11? It will be our first time.. Do we just search the restaurant?

You search Candlelight Processional
Dining Package and it will give you a drop down of restaurants to choose from.

Just so you know, people have never had to book CP packages quick, and I have never had to get up early to secure my choices. Matter of fact, I booked a second spur of the moment CP package last year 4 days ahead of time. Also, many people prefer not to pay and just arrive early for the stand-by line or watch from the back of the theatre.

So awesome! I was hoping for NPH or Lieutenant Dan and it looks like NPH on DEC 5th. So I already have an Akershus ressie for lunch that day and I'm hoping to turn that into a CP package. Any experience with this?

I called in a few weeks ago and they said when they go on sale to call in again and they would add it on if it was available for my timeslot. Should I shoot for that or login at 6am and create a duplicate reservation if I can find one?

Also, I'm on DDP so any confirmation on the 2 credit thing? Any opinions as to whether I should plan on paying for this one in cash instead?

TIA

An existing reservation cannot be converted to the CP package. They would just be booking the new one for you and cancelling the existing which you also can go ahead and do online.

We’re coming from the uk for our first trip to Disney and I’m thinking of trying to see the candlelit processional. It is Blair Underwood and Gary sinise narating on the days we are there. Has anyone had any experience/knowledge of these narrators that could recommend one to me?

Also would this be suitable for an eight and ten year old? Thanks

We’re coming from the uk for our first trip to Disney and I’m thinking of trying to see the candlelit processional. It is Blair Underwood and Gary sinise narating on the days we are there. Has anyone had any experience/knowledge of these narrators that could recommend one to me?

I have not seen either narrator, however I am going to try to book Gary Sienese this trip. I think the processional would be awesome for that age group.

I saw Gary Sienese and he was absolutely AMAZING. I would go and see him agin if he was on my days, sadly he isn't. He is a warm and caring person. I haven't seen Blair Underwood, but I think you would be OK with either. My kids are grown so I'm not sure if they would sit through this. It is a wonderful and moving experience though.

So how far apart is CP from where Illuminations take place? Just wondered if we do the 8:15 will the Illuminations already be pretty crowded? How early to get there in order to see it good.

So how far apart is CP from where Illuminations take place? Just wondered if we do the 8:15 will the Illuminations already be pretty crowded? How early to get there in order to see it good.
You can see Illuminations from any of the countries. It takes place on the lake. On normal visits to Epcot, we try to find a spot 1/2 hour before--we tend to just sit on the pavement near one of the fences

We saw Gary Sinise in 2015--he was great! Yes, it is suitable for an 8 and 10 yr old. My kids were 10 and 6 the first time we went to a Candlelight Processional; last time they were 15 and 11. They did great both times. The show is only 45 min-1 hr long. It's the narration of the story of Jesus' birth with Christmas carols in between the narration.

I would say that depends on your kids. My kids wouldn't sit through it, though, particularly my 6 year old and my 9 year old with their ADHD and related issues. So, I suppose consider how your kids would do in church or at a concert or play that they may not be so interested in. Not saying at all that they wouldn't enjoy it, but just thinking of a way to determine how your kids might view it. Do they get antsy if they lose interest in those types of settings or can they at least tolerate them? Hope that helps.

Illuminations is moved to 9:30 during CP season. You'll have plenty of time to find a spot.

Gary Sinise is awesome!!

We saw Neil Patrick Harris last year-WOW! he is great! We got a CP package just a few weeks before! We did get in line very early even with the package as we wanted really good seats!

How far in advance do they recommend you get to the theatre with the dining package? Pretty sure I read at 15 minutes prior the reserved seating becomes open seating, so thinking at least 30 minutes??

How far in advance do they recommend you get to the theatre with the dining package? Pretty sure I read at 15 minutes prior the reserved seating becomes open seating, so thinking at least 30 minutes??
We were thinking that too last time...we had Gary Sinise. We entered the line in Morocco! Despite having the dining package, we feared we wouldn't be getting a seat--but we did! It may be partly the timing--we go the first weekend, right after Thanksgiving. Guess we might need to do earlier than 30 minutes this year...

We usually go an hour in advance even with the dining package. A large majority of the theater is dedicated to the dining package so if you want a good seat go early.

We are generally happy with just getting a seat so go about 30 minutes prior or time it to walk into the line as it's already started to go into the theatre. One time we were there earlier and they directed us into an area we would not have gone which is why we go with not waiting in line too long if at all. If you want to try and get a choice seat then you'll want to be there an hour or even more in advance.

An existing reservation cannot be converted to the CP package. They would just be booking the new one for you and cancelling the existing which you also can go ahead and do online.

So do they hold back time slots/ tables from the initial 180 day booking period specifically for CP? Seems like some of the hard to get reservations would fill the restaurant before CP was available. I’m just paranoid that I won’t get one!

So do they hold back time slots/ tables from the initial 180 day booking period specifically for CP? Seems like some of the hard to get reservations would fill the restaurant before CP was available. I’m just paranoid that I won’t get one!

Yes, they have held spots for the CP package. So, they have the non-CP reservation slots and the CP reservation time slots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter