Official Breast Feeding Support Thread for WDW Parks

I just found this thread earlier as I was nursing my 6 month old to sleep and I'm so glad I did. We'll be in WDW next week and I was feeling anxious about how I was going to handle nursing (he's a snacker and nurses a lot, rather than one big setting). This thread gave me plenty of ideas and confidence. Thanks!!!

We are leaving in 8 days with my almost 2-year old and he still asks to nurse like, 10 times a day (not that I actually let him...I try and keep it under 5 times or he doesn't eat food). I am curious to see how much he actually nurses while we are there. He is very tall for his age and I am not at all comfortable nursing him in public anymore. Wish me luck!

Good luck! And I too have big babies and know the feeling, so I just want to encourage you to not feel awkward. For as many as you may feel judge there are 10 times as many who understand. Have fun!!!

I haven't read all 82 pages, but I am wondering if anyone has nursed a toddler at Disney? My baby is only 5 months old now but will be 18 months when we go to Disney. I am pretty sure he will still be nursing (I am currently nursing my 28 month old, but I think he will wean before the trip.) Are there good places to nurse toddlers without having people stare?

I have an 18 month old who is still nursing 2-3x a day and comfort nursing when hurt or overwhelmed. I nurse in public often since I have a 4 yr old too & we 're out and about much of the day.
I wear two shirts and pull up the top shirt & pull down the bottom shirt, so nothing really shows when nursing. If people stare, I ignore them. I'm taking care of my child & if they have a problem with that, then it's their issue, not mine.

We'll be at WDW next month & I plan on nursing when my daughter needs to. If we're by a baby center, I'll pop in so my older daughter can use the child sized potties & I ca nurse in private, but otherwise, I'm just going to modestly nurse when & where my daughter needs too.

Iggipolka said:
I have an 18 month old who is still nursing 2-3x a day and comfort nursing when hurt or overwhelmed. I nurse in public often since I have a 4 yr old too & we 're out and about much of the day.
I wear two shirts and pull up the top shirt & pull down the bottom shirt, so nothing really shows when nursing. If people stare, I ignore them. I'm taking care of my child & if they have a problem with that, then it's their issue, not mine.

We'll be at WDW next month & I plan on nursing when my daughter needs to. If we're by a baby center, I'll pop in so my older daughter can use the child sized potties & I ca nurse in private, but otherwise, I'm just going to modestly nurse when & where my daughter needs too.

Yep what she said. I also use a ring sling to help with nursing.

So glad to see this thread, also! I'm a FTM & I nurse DS anywhere if he's hungry. Only used a nursing cover for the first month or 2 and then stopped because it was too much of a hassle for both of us.

We'll be at Disney again (first time with DS!) when he is 11 months in June, and I'm planning to continue to feed him anywhere whenever he is hungry for it.

Bottom line, I think all of this just comes down to what is most comfortable for mama & baby. :hug:

Went to WDW in Oct with my 1 yr old. Used the baby care center @ MK and DHS, also nursed in hall of presidents and IASW (sat in back). DHS had less easy places to go, baby care is near the front gate, I did nurse in line for TSM but was wearing DD in an ergo and the hood covered everything so people assumed she was sleeping. Most people are so busy looking at everything they don't notice you nursing, unless its another mom with young ones. DD is big for her age, at that time she was probably the size of an average 16-18 month old. With so many international travelers at WDW you will not be the only nursing mom, even if you child is older.
:hippie:

Just back from a week at WDW where I nursed my almost-15mo without a second look from people. She especially liked to nurse on the rides. We'd sit on a dunebuggy and she'd sign "nurse, please!" :)

We tried the nursing mothers' rooms, too. The AK one was private, so it worked great. The MK one, though, was filled with moms and babies and a pumping mom, and so between the quiet and her need to see what all those other babies were doing, we did better on a bench outside.

Just got back from a wonderful trip and nursed my 9 month old ds everywhere! People were really great and no one seemed to mind. I agree with PP that it was hard to find a quiet spot in Hollywood studio but we did find a quiet bench as you turn down sunset next to a parked car. Not many people stopped to see the car. Other fav spots were mickey's philharmagic and haunted mansion and finding nemo. We also nursed in just about every restaurant we went to and everyone was very nice.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

Just got back from a wonderful trip and nursed my 9 month old ds everywhere! People were really great and no one seemed to mind. I agree with PP that it was hard to find a quiet spot in Hollywood studio but we did find a quiet bench as you turn down sunset next to a parked car. Not many people stopped to see the car. Other fav spots were mickey's philharmagic and haunted mansion and finding nemo. We also nursed in just about every restaurant we went to and everyone was very nice.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

So glad that you had a good experience. Where was it exactly that you were in HS that you found a nice quiet spot?

I had no idea this page existed!! I was nervous about nursing my 5 month old on his first visit in Oct 2012 but I never had a problem and I never felt uncomfortable. I even found I had a personal triumph when I nursed him all the way thru PoC, down the hill and all. After riding that ride at least 100 times in my life, it was nice to have a new experience to be proud of :rotfl:

I'm sure it's been said a million times on this thread, but WDW as a whole was the easiest and most comfortable place I ever nursed outside my own home and I'm thankful that we were able to enjoy our time there with our youngest as an infant without feeling stressed about nursing.

Joining in as another nursing mama at Disney! When we go, DD will be 15 months and as of right now there are no signs of her stopping. I think with all that goes on in Disney I have the feeling she'll get overwhelmed and will want to nurse more. I def will be subscribing to this thread!

Just got back from a wonderful trip to WDW & nursed my 20 mth old in the parks. She got sick with a sinus infection & ear infection & so nursed more than ever as she hardly ate much solid food

I nursed on most of the dark rides & while in the park, I had her facing me in the Ergo & nursed as we walked. Nursing in the Ergo is so easy & discrete.

I also have to put in a plug for the baby care centers. The nursing rooms are a great place to take a break & the changing areas are great to use & more comfortable with less waiting & lines than the bathrooms.

Wow! No one has posted here for a long time. I'm glad to see the thread exists though. I'm a ftm, and my little one is going to be 5 months during our May trip for a Star Wars weekend. Have any of you mommies found any good nursing spots aside from the baby care centers? I'm also overwhelmed at the info on carriers and slings. I see one beco user, but as far as touring the parks, what is comfortable for most of you? My dd is already 17 pounds and I'm expecting her to pick up at least 2 more before we go!

Just got back from a wonderful trip and nursed my 9 month old ds everywhere! People were really great and no one seemed to mind. I agree with PP that it was hard to find a quiet spot in Hollywood studio but we did find a quiet bench as you turn down sunset next to a parked car. Not many people stopped to see the car. Other fav spots were mickey's philharmagic and haunted mansion and finding nemo. We also nursed in just about every restaurant we went to and everyone was very nice. Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

Thanks for the HS tips!

Hmm trying to think where I nursed at hollywood studios... In front of the sci fi restaurant behind American idol. Benches by muppets. There are benches just past toy story mania too.

Ryansstitch-I've never been with a baby as young as yours but I really liked using my Ergo when DD was 18 months. I also love my ring sling but it gets tiring much sooner.

Hmm trying to think where I nursed at hollywood studios... In front of the sci fi restaurant behind American idol. Benches by muppets. There are benches just past toy story mania too.

I'll keep this in mind. I've never been able to stoma h the line for toy story, so I've never been on it and don't remember the space! I hope to this year though, then I'll need to nurse close

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter