Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you order a cake and have it delivered to trails end for dinner? that is where my friend wants to go on his birthday for dinner at ft wilderness. it will also be his first trip there. his birthday is in 10 days, we leave in 8 days.

also, do you pay for cake with a credit card when ordering, or do they add it to the bill?

thanks.

Hey guys.. I lurk on here. Has anyone thought about starting a new thread? I think we're hitting our page limit and I'm worried that we'll be locked pretty soon.

I am celebrating my birthday at DISNEY:cloud9: this year and my mom wants to get me a cake since she won't be there. I chose CRT for my birthday dinner and wondered what is the bet cake/dessert option that they have available.

Thanks for the help.....

Hello, First I want to thank everyone for their ideas, they came in very useful for our recent trip.

We ordered the 10" (minimum size) vanilla cake with the custard filling with strawberries and the buttercreme frosting for a birthday on our first night dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Lettering was Happy Birthday Laura and it had pretty (non edible) flowers on top along the side. This was great, we had a really good time and it was a very good surprise. The cake was delicious. The waitress said it was her favorite cake, since it has to be made fresh, due to the custard filling with fresh strawberries. We had left overs all week. This was ordered through the GF bakery. They also gave us a box to take it home (VWL) with.

The next cake we ordered was for our dinner in Canada. I had originally tried to Teppan Edo, but since they are a stand alone place, it would have been only a plain cake ordered from their bakery. We got a yellow cake with chocolate frosting with a screen print of Mickey, with lettering that said Happy Birthday Terry.

Thanks again folks - this thread was a great help in making my decisions.

Hi all,

I just called Chef Mickey's and was given this info:

Round cakes
All 2 layers

6 inch cake $16
chocolate or vanilla
vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting

8 inch $25
chocolate or vanilla
white or dark chocolate mousse
white and chocolate buttercream icing

Mickey Head Cake $45 plus tax

Minimum of 48 hours notice

I really want the Mickey Mouse Head Cake. They said it was only available without inscription.

Bianca

I see some really pretty cakes here and some that look like a grocery store made them. Is it because of where they were made? I would like to order a really nice one for a welcome for my family.
Where do I call for that?

I was just wondering if you can have tuxedo strawberries delivered to your room at CR? If not, does anybody know if there is anything close to this that can be delivered to room when you aren't there so you have them when you get back at night?

I was just wondering if you can have tuxedo strawberries delivered to your room at CR? If not, does anybody know if there is anything close to this that can be delivered to room when you aren't there so you have them when you get back at night?

I'm pretty sure they can do that. You would call CR's in-room dining to see what they can do for you.

Hi All,

Thank you for a great thread!

I just ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at OKW next week to surprise my DH for our anniversary.

The CM told me that the cake would be in the box in the fridge. I then asked to have it set out on the table but she said it would still be in the box.

Are they still doing the set up with the cake out of the box and set up to eat? I am not sure I am make sense...;) Hopefully you guys will understand...;)

TIA!

ETA: I would like the set up to be like the first pics in posts 3 and 4 on the first page...thanks again!

Hi All,

I just ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at OKW next week to surprise my DH for our anniversary.

The CM told me that the cake would be in the box in the fridge. I then asked to have it set out on the table but she said it would still be in the box.

Are they still doing the set up with the cake out of the box and set up to eat? I am not sure I am make sense...;) Hopefully you guys will understand...;)

TIA!

ETA: I would like the set up to be like the first pics in posts 3 and 4 on the first page...thanks again!

I know you really want it set up, but some have reported bugs and soft frosting from leaving it out. I would just let them put it in the fridge. Have your dh go to the bathroom or outside for somthing and you could quickly set it up yourself.

I know you really want it set up, but some have reported bugs and soft frosting from leaving it out. I would just let them put it in the fridge. Have your dh go to the bathroom or outside for somthing and you could quickly set it up yourself.

Great point! Thanks!

Hi All,

TIA!

what number did you call for OKW and what were the choices?
thanks!

what number did you call for OKW and what were the choices?
thanks!

I called the cake hotline. This is all I remember: The cake choices were vanilla, chocolate or marble. the fillings were chocolate mousse, white choc mousse, buttercream and vanilla custard with strawberry. The icings I remember are white buttercream, choc butter cream, whipped cream. I believe there are more but I cannot remember.

I got a basic 10 inch with vanilla cake, white choc mousse filling and white buttercream frosting. Now I am second guessing my choices but I am not going to bother calling back since I can second guess myself til the darn thing arrives. I didn't even ask the price since I would order it anyway. I will post pics and price when I return.

I have a question about the icing choices. My family is not a fan of the traditional buttercream icing. We usually order the "whippy" icing. (not sure the real name). I see an icing choice called whipped cream, is this the same thing? It isn't just whipped cream is it?

I think whippy frosting would be whipped cream frosting as well. The one thing I do know is, buttercream does not need to be refrigerated (can be set out for a longer period) and whipped cream frosting needs to be refrigerated almost immediately.

ETA: WC Frosting is not just regular whipped cream...it has some other things in it that act as a stabilizer of sorts. Hope this helps!

I have a question about the icing choices. My family is not a fan of the traditional buttercream icing. We usually order the "whippy" icing. (not sure the real name). I see an icing choice called whipped cream, is this the same thing? It isn't just whipped cream is it?

I love that icing!!! Here in Kentucky it's called Whippy Dip when we order it for our cakes from the grocery!!! :) Good luck!!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter