Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a 10 inch marble cake with custard and strawberry filling (very moist and tasty.) I asked for pink fondant (rolled sugar icing) pink hearts, roses and a white chocolate Minnie Mouse. They did the design. The other posters Minnie cake was my inspiration!

Juliascake.jpg

MinnieCake2.jpg

Both of these cakes look amazing. May I ask how much they were?

Both of these cakes look amazing. May I ask how much they were?

The top one was $75 with our Disney Dining Experience discount. I believe the other poster said hers (bottom) cost $85. Ours could serve 15 (10inch.)

Hi Everyone..........First I would like to say I think all of the cakes on this thread are beautiful.

I will be traveling with my MOM to wdw we are staying at AKL, and for the day of her birthday she decided that she wanted to do a pool day and have dinner a Boma and just relax..........I called the cake hotline and got to a cm at AKL. Since she explained to me that only a 10" cake can be special ordered, but I would have to buy my own cake decorations...........is that right because after reading this thread it doesn't sound like anyone bought the decorations

Should I call back again?

TIA :)

The top one was $75 with our Disney Dining Experience discount. I believe the other poster said hers (bottom) cost $85. Ours could serve 15 (10inch.)

Cool!!! I didnt know that I would get a discount with the DDE!! (or I forgot) Thanks

I just ordered a Mickey head birthday cake for my son ($45). We are dining on his birthday at the California Grill so I just called the bakery at the Contemporary today and she was very helpful. Hope there are no glitches :)

Is there anywhere that shows a list of restaraunts/bakeries and what choices they offer in cakes (such as the fillings and which ones are allowed to be personalized, etc.)? Or do we need to call each individual place and see what each of them offer? I'm trying to figure out who offers the custard and fresh strawberry filling, and if I can personalize an 8 inch cake everywhere? Or if there are any places that will personalize a 6 inch cake? I think we will be getting an 8 inch for Hollywood & Vine and MAYBE a 6 inch for CRT. It's either going to be that or the slipper. You can't get one of those little mini castle cakes for CRT, right?

Once you get private dining: request to talk with a chef - they will find out what they can do with their pastry team and call you back

Ok....here's the cake:
DSCN1899.jpg

I wonder if this would be the same cake one would get at Cape May Cafe? When I called and had one ordered, it was described ecactly like this. Anyone know? :confused3

It does look like a beautiful cake :)

I wonder if this would be the same cake one would get at Cape May Cafe? When I called and had one ordered, it was described ecactly like this. Anyone know? :confused3

It does look like a beautiful cake :)

I think it is the same (being that it's at the same resort). I had the choice between chocolate (the one I got) and a white cake w/ white chocolate. Those were the only choices I had for an 8" cake. The cake is DELICIOUS!!!

Hi Everyone..........First I would like to say I think all of the cakes on this thread are beautiful.

I will be traveling with my MOM to wdw we are staying at AKL, and for the day of her birthday she decided that she wanted to do a pool day and have dinner a Boma and just relax..........I called the cake hotline and got to a cm at AKL. Since she explained to me that only a 10" cake can be special ordered, but I would have to buy my own cake decorations...........is that right because after reading this thread it doesn't sound like anyone bought the decorations

Anyone, can help:thumbsup2

mickeymyfavorite,I think I would try calling back, maybe you will get a different cm. Good luck and let us know whatthey said.

The bottom cake was my DD's and it was $80. I also used the DDE and got the discount off that though! :thumbsup2

:)
I think it is the same (being that it's at the same resort). I had the choice between chocolate (the one I got) and a white cake w/ white chocolate. Those were the only choices I had for an 8" cake. The cake is DELICIOUS!!!

:goodvibes Good to hear! I love chocolate, so I had to pick that one

Anyone, can help:thumbsup2

From what happened to me when I ordered a cake, I was told that they will only customize the 10" cakes. The 6" and 8" cant be. The 8" can have wording added to it but the 6" cant. I just didn't feel like paying extra for the 10" cake since there is only 5 of us going, It would have been to much cake. And for me to have any characters added, it was gonna cost over $75.00. It just seemed to much cake and money for us. I really wanted to do more, but just didnt work out for us.

I called the cake hotline and got to a cm at AKL. Since she explained to me that only a 10" cake can be special ordered, but I would have to buy my own cake decorations...........is that right because after reading this thread it doesn't sound like anyone bought the decorations

I think what she meant (based on my own experience and what others have posted) is that if they add a decoration it will cost extra - not that you need to bring your own decorations.

It couldn't hurt to call back, either, just to clarify.

Is it possible for me to get a birthday cake delivered in our room at POP? We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan so I don't think we would even have room for cake at a restaurant! Could I order from another bakery and have it brought to our room? TIA!

Thanks everyone.........I did try to cal back and I think I got a cm that knew a little more about cakes..............but she wasn't really sure so she gave me Chef Ugene's direct# and thinks I should call him......She said that he is the head pastry chef......I did but had to leave a message he wasn't available. Thanks again & I will keep you posted.

Here's a picture of our anniversary cake. We had it at 1900 Park Fare on May 28. I got my idea from poohangel, THANKS!!

It was chocolate cake with strawberry and custard filling with buttercreme icing. It was delish!!

DownsReunionDisneyWorld347.jpg

It was $45.00 total

Here's a picture of our anniversary cake. We had it at 1900 Park Fare on May 28. I got my idea from poohangel, THANKS!!

It was chocolate cake with strawberry and custard filling with buttercreme icing. It was delish!!

DownsReunionDisneyWorld347.jpg

It was $45.00 total

It´s beautiful. How big was it?

Can you order a cake from the GF if you are not staying there? It seems like it is the only place that offers the strawberry and custard filling that I want.

It was 8" at least that's what the lady told me on the phone.

You can only order from the GF if you are staying or eating there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter