Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda thanks so much for the details. I took a look at your trip report and it looked great.
Can I pick your brain a little more. How far in advance did you book it and whom did you contact for it?
I noticed the menu and it looked like you had family pictures on it, how did that happen? It looks like a really great surprise.

Thanks again.

DH and I celebrated my big 4-0 in WDW in mid Sept. We decided not to get a cake since it was just the 2 of us and we were doing free dining (i.e. lots of desserts). However, here are some pics from my b-day celebration:

Dessert from 50's PTC:

Florida-MomsBirthday-058.jpg

Breakfast (on my actual birthday) was at 1900 Park Faire. Here is the tiara they gave me with my b-day cupcake and Mickey who poses in all of our food pictures:

Florida-MomsBirthday-118.jpg

We had my birthday dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (YUMMY!). This was my birthday dessert. They also let me order a regular dessert too (can you say STUFFED!):

Florida-MomsBirthday-123.jpg

My bouquet of flowers from our mousekeeper. She gave us about a half dozen towel animals during our 1 week stay.

Florida-MomsBirthday-131.jpg

Birthday treat from Boma at breakfast 2 days after my b-day:

Florida-MomsBirthday-175.jpg

Just a few of the b-day cards DH arranged & brought along for me. He is SOOOOO sweet! :lovestruc

Florida-MomsBirthday-181.jpg

B-day treat from dinner at LTT. This was really yummy IMHO.

Florida-MomsBirthday-194.jpg

And this is the b-day basket DH had delivered to our room when we checked in. Did I mention how sweet he is? We had left our 2 kids at home this trip, so we wound up taking all of this candy home for the kids. They liked that!

Florida-MomsBirthday-008.jpg

I think I have a few more pictures. I'll post them next.

Would you please tell me where he ordered the basket from? I'd love to do that for my DD for her b-day! Thanks!

Linda thanks so much for the details. I took a look at your trip report and it looked great.
Can I pick your brain a little more. How far in advance did you book it and whom did you contact for it?
I noticed the menu and it looked like you had family pictures on it, how did that happen? It looks like a really great surprise.

Thanks again.
I booked the diver, menus and cake all on the same day about 3 months in advance. But I hear that's not necessary. You can e-mail the Coral Reef and they will give you an address to e-mail your pics and info which are then put onto the menu. Like I said no news that this will be continued into next year but you'd think they would considering 09's theme. Glad my TR gave you some needed info.:goodvibes Try this address and good luck.:thumbsup2

email with your request. Include the following:

Name
Date
Time
Conf#
Occasion

Linda thank you again :worship: :worship:

It all looks so cool. I see you emailed about ten pics is that about right? I really hope they are still going to do this. It would absolutely shock my husband.

Again, I loved your trip report. It was one of the best ones I have read, really informative and with wonderful pics, right down to how the beef looks at Ohana :lmao:
The food looked so good in those pics I could almost smell the place.

Thanks again.:goodvibes

Linda thank you again :worship: :worship:

It all looks so cool. I see you emailed about ten pics is that about right? I really hope they are still going to do this. It would absolutely shock my husband.

Again, I loved your trip report. It was one of the best ones I have read, really informative and with wonderful pics, right down to how the beef looks at Ohana :lmao:
The food looked so good in those pics I could almost smell the place.

Thanks again.:goodvibes
I think I sent a dozen or more. Couldn't make up my mind. The Coral Reef did the rest. I was surprised at how many actually got on the menu. I hope they do it next year too. Glad you liked my trip report. It was my first one so I had to learn as I went along. I see you're headed for the Poly next Sept. We'll be there next Dec...lot's of planning. Have fun.:thumbsup2

I would love to see pictures of cakes that have been ordered through the Boardwalk Bakery. We are having dinner at Spoodles on the night of my sister-in-law's 40th birthday. I want to do something really special for her. She isn't a huge Disney fan, so there aren't any real "favorite" characters. Her children are both young boys, so there isn't really any "girly" stuff in their household. I thought about Nemo because the boys love that, but I really do want this to be for her. So, if you have any pictures of Boardwalk cakes or any suggestions, I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

Please do not post any email addresses for Coral Reef. IF they are able to accomodate your request, they will give you the email address. Please do not send unsolicited requests, you will be disappointed

thanks!!

i too would like to know this as one i tried said they couldn't do food items and this is exactly what i want

He said he called our resort, POFQ and it was done through their gift shop. On our credit card statement, it says "DEP FLORIST 407-828-4783 FL" and it was $67.58. They said it was normally supposed to come with fruit, but DH (bless his sweet heart) said he preferred it to be ALL chocolate! He knows me well! ;)

So I would suggest either calling that number above OR your resort directly.

The reason I posted the thread about Boardwalk cakes on the main board is because I haven't gotten any responses on this thread. I had hoped someone reading the main board but not this particular thread could help. I'm really at a loss as to what to do for my sister in law.

ugadog99

We had a cake done through the bakery for dinner at the Flying Fish. It was flourless chocolate, since we have a celiac in the group. It was very good. All is said was Happy Birthday David. There were a few chocolate flowers at the top.

It was very good and not Disney-ish at all. Except for the surprise. Everyone was surprised! It was a nice touch.

I'm sorry I don't know the answer about the Jessica Rabbit Cake at Disney, but it made me think of a cake in the window of our local bakery that's shaped like a pair of bosoms!!! :rotfl2:

I would say to call the Cake Hotline (number on Page 1 of this thread) and select the restuarant where you want the cake served. Then you can talk to or leave a message for the bakery that would make the cake. :thumbsup2

For baskets...you can also try Memories by Besty-she's a DIS'er. Disney Florist is the only one that can include food though.

Publix cakes...very good! I'd reccomend them! You could also order the cookie baskets from Cookies by Design since they're doing Disney now.

Coral Reef cakes/divers/menus-there are pictures in my PTR as well as a few pages back of the cake itself.

Has anyone had any luck ordering anything from the Boardwalk Bakery and swinging by to pick it up? We're moving off site in Dec so we can fly to MI for Christmas so the Mickey head cake that would have been waiting in our room won't happen unless I can call and order one to pick up on our way to our condo. :sad2: such a sad day....:sad1:

For baskets...you can also try Memories by Besty-she's a DIS'er.

I can second that recommendation. I just finished working with her on 3 holiday baskets and she was a dream to work with. Had great suggestions, got it done fast and they are gorgeous. :thumbsup2

You can pretty much design your own with Betsy but as previous poster points out the Disney Florist is the only one that can add food to the basket --- new Florida law . . .:confused3

Has anyone had any luck ordering anything from the Boardwalk Bakery and swinging by to pick it up? We're moving off site in Dec so we can fly to MI for Christmas so the Mickey head cake that would have been waiting in our room won't happen unless I can call and order one to pick up on our way to our condo. :sad2: such a sad day....:sad1:

I saw a lady pick up a cake at Boardwalk Bakery this weekend. She was on her way to the boat launch, so she must have been staying at one of the other Epcot restaurants. I didn't see the cake, so I don't know how nice it was.

Down at Everything POP they have the standard 6in cakes. They are labeled with what kind of cake it is. I think that is the only thing available there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter