Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called, and called and called (and called again) and NO ONE called back. I used the cake hotline.
That was the same experience I had in February when trying to order a cake from Pop for my Mom's birthday. My sister and I just decided since we were on the dining plan to not do the cake since we had more than enough food with dining plan. I was really discouraged by the experience. I had a really great experience ordering the cake in 2007, but this last attempt was just frustrating. The one time I call I hit the option for Pop and the call was routed to the Caribbean Beach.

They had these in the POP food court when we stayed there for marathon weekend in January. DH wanted to buy one just to eat it, not because it was anyones bday!
I saw them at the food court when we were there last week. Each time I saw them there was at least one chocolate and one white one. They were on the bottom of the cooler that had the tie dyed cheesecakes, carrot cakes, etc at the back of the food court.

I am sooooooo torn. Last May we got a cake at The Plaza and it was the WORST cake I have ever eaten. I posted a comment on the first thread. My problem comes in that my 10yo wants to celebrate his 10 1/2 birthday when we return in May. He REALLY wants a cake. He has specific demands...........lol. We are gonna celebrate his birthday at T-Rex. They do not have cakes there so you have to bring your own. When I made the ADR, the girl told me to go across the street to Goodings and get the cake...lol. I am really tempted.

I've skimmed these posts all evening. I had hoped to order something special for our anniversary trip in the fall. Now, after reading, I'm gonna just say no.

1.There seems to be no guarantee that you will get what you are promised.
2.Most phone reps don't know what they are doing
3. If they do know what they are doing, 90% of the time they refuse to go off of their cue cards for something special.

Why, with Celebrations, can't Disney get this right? I work at a bakery. Day after day, with 24 hour notice, the ladies whip out specialized cakes for our customers. It's called talent and effort people! You can't tell me that Disney can't find the talent to keep up with demand.

Sigh...it is frustrating. I hoped for something special but I have to say that I'm just not willing to chance it after reading these posts.

That was not my experience at all. I called the GF bakery and talked to someone who walked me through the options. I even called back about a week before we left to change what was going to be written on the cake and got EXACTLY what I asked for. It looked beautiful and tasted just as good. It wasn't even as expensive as I thought it was going to be. I think I paid $40 for a pretty big cake (maybe 12"). It had to be the size large enough to get the fillings I wanted. Way too big for 2 people, but that's the fillings I wanted so I was willing to take the remainder back to our room and snack the rest of the stay. We loved it and will do it again.

it is time to say goodbye......:guilty: this thread has run its course and is being locked.

Welcome to the all new
:cheer2: Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake Thread! :cheer2:

There are now 2 cake threads. Here is a link to the new picture thread (pics and info only! :woohoo: )
the mods will move pics from the chatter thread to the pic thread and keep the pic only thread locked.

and here is a link to the Cake Chatter thread - chat and obsess all day long :D
post info here and the mods will move to the all pic thread but chat away!!

Hope you like the new setup!

The Restaurant Boards Mods :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter