• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my daughter's B-day cake at Liberty tree Last year.. and it was rather plain with Mickey and "Happy Birthday" on ... but honestly the experience was awsome... And She was 5 so she didn't care ... and I did pay in advance.

I was wondering if anyone else has ordered the 6 in cakes?? Also would it be horrible for me to have a bday cake and order a anniversary cake on another night?? We are going right after my bday but before our anni so we are celebrating both while we are there!!

I was wondering if anyone else has ordered the 6 in cakes?? Also would it be horrible for me to have a bday cake and order a anniversary cake on another night?? We are going right after my bday but before our anni so we are celebrating both while we are there!!
Not horrible at all!:goodvibes My b-day is on the day will be at Universal and my DD's is after we come home. So we're having a birthday trip. I'm ordering cakes and special desserts for almost every day we are at the World and Universal. Next year is our 20th anniversary cruise, but our real ann is in May not Dec. :rolleyes1 It's the only time my DH can get away from work. We'll also be celebrating his b-day (actual crusie day).:) What place better to celebrate something special than Disney. Who cares when the ACTUAL day is. Have fun and enjoy!::yes:: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay:

Minniemouse07

I recently ordered the Mini Castle cake for my parents anniversary. I called the GF Bakery to order it. Just make sure that when you check in at 1900 that the cake is in the computer. Mine was not so when I mentioned it to our waitress she did not know what I was talking about and the surprise ended up being ruined. On the bright side, the cake was wonderful and I got it for free!:cool1: Hope this helps!

Hmmm.. now I have THREE places to call!

So which one.. Grand Floridian Bakery, 1900 Park Fare or the Cake hotline?

I need to call someone about getting a mini castle cake for after our 1900 Park Fare dinner for dd's 7th birthday.

Hmmm.. now I have THREE places to call!

So which one.. Grand Floridian Bakery, 1900 Park Fare or the Cake hotline?

I need to call someone about getting a mini castle cake for after our 1900 Park Fare dinner for dd's 7th birthday.
I would try the hotline first. It was set up for this reason. You will go through some prompts that will get you to where you need to be for where you are having the cake.

Subscribing. Loved the first thread, thanks for starting a new one. ;)

We will be staying at the Pop Century in September for our son's 8th birthday. Could anyone tell me what the cakes are like from Pop Century? or Do the other resorts deliver to Pop?

In addition, we will be dining at Prime Time Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dining. Has anyone seen or had any fun cakes from these locations?

I want to make this a fun and exciting surprise so any help that can be provided to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!:)

Pop does a $15 6 inch cake. It is made in the bakery and somewhat prefabbed from what I have heard. It cannot be decorated. No other resorts deliver to Pop.

LTT cakes come from the Main Street Bakery. I've never had one but have heard good things. Cakes at 50s PT Cafe look yummy too, but I am not sure of their origins. These can only be customized if you get a 10 inch cake.

I just got off the phone with the chef at the Boardwalk bakery and she told me I can order the mini-castle cake and pick it up there at the bakery. I wasn't sure if I could so I called. :dance3: Yea!!! Now to decide if I really want the mini-castle cake, which I have been drolling over or a regular cake. This is my 25th anniversary year. . . and the cake at my wedding did come out mostly frozen .. . . and I have put up with my dh for 25 (twenty-five), did I say 25 years. . . and nobody is excited to go to WDW but me and that way the mini-castle cake would be too small to share.:rolleyes1

. . . and nobody is excited to go to WDW but me and that way the mini-castle cake would be too small to share.:rolleyes1

If (and that's a big if ;) ) you want to share the castle cake, you could order it with a second layer on bottom. I have seen several posts on the previous thread that had two layers. Have fun deciding! :)

Not at all....You'll be in Disney - you can celebrate whatever you want - it's YOUR vacation/celebration. Enjoy!

So I'm heading down to the World on July 3. My parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on July 8, and we're having dinner at Narcoosee's. I just called the folks at the cake hotline and ordered a cake for dinner that night. (On a side note I was getting REALLY annoyed that the lady I dealt with was pushing me to just order the 6 inch at the podium when I got there...there are EIGHT adults at this meal. 6 inch? Aahhh, no. And she kept spelling my last name wrong...at this point I'll be stunned if they even HAVE a cake when I get there.) I asked her if I could have my credit card charged because I really didn't want it to appear on the restaurant bill, as I know the other family with us will likely foot the meal, and I want this to be part of gift to my parents. She wouldn't let me and insisted I tell the hostess at the podium when we're being seated that I ask the server to bill the cake seperately to just me. I don't have a HUGE problem with this, but I was kind of hoping to keep the cake a little bit more of a surprise...and I feel tacky saying bring me the bill but JUST for the cake. I thought I had read on part 1 of this thread that other people were able to have their credit card charged when they ordered. Was I mistaken?

Thanks!

I hope you get your cake. I had ordered a Mickey head cake for my birthday dinner at Narcoosees in January. I was at the dinner with my whole family, the cake wasn't. I called when I arrived home days later and after some investingating was told that my cake was still at the bakery! The person from Narcoosees who was supposed to pick it up never did! Just a word of warning -- double check the order before you leave!

This is just what we did last September. It was my bday the day we arrived. We ate at Olivia's and DH ordered a 6" cake - it was mostly frozen and it was pretty bad. So two days later, I went to boardwalk bakery and ordered myself an 8" all chocolate birthday cake. We brought it on the Illuminations cruise we shared with some other DIS folks. The cake was delicious!

Two days after that was our 25th anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner at Narcoossee's and I'd ordered a beautiful 10" cake (strawberries and mousse and white cake and icing - the photo is somewhere on the earlier thread) to be delivered to our Wishes cruise right after dinner. We wanted to share it with the DIS-ers who were joining us for the cruise. Unfortunately, being September the cruise ended up being rained out - 3 days in a row. And our cake went missing. They finally located it a few days later - it was lovely and the little bit we ate was delicious. The day after our anniversary we ate at the Coral Reef with diver, sign, rose petals, champagne and tuxedo strawberries! :love:

So I say, when in Disney eat cake as much and as often as you like! :rotfl:

Happy birthday and anniversary!! pixiedust:

Pop does a $15 6 inch cake. It is made in the bakery and somewhat prefabbed from what I have heard. It cannot be decorated. No other resorts deliver to Pop.

LTT cakes come from the Main Street Bakery. I've never had one but have heard good things. Cakes at 50s PT Cafe look yummy too, but I am not sure of their origins. These can only be customized if you get a 10 inch cake.

Nobody will deliver to POP? :worried: Not GF, Boardwalk, no one? Oh dear, that is not what I wanted to hear!!!!

This is just what we did last September. It was my bday the day we arrived. We ate at Olivia's and DH ordered a 6" cake - it was mostly frozen and it was pretty bad. So two days later, I went to boardwalk bakery and ordered myself an 8" all chocolate birthday cake. We brought it on the Illuminations cruise we shared with some other DIS folks. The cake was delicious!

Two days after that was our 25th anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner at Narcoossee's and I'd ordered a beautiful 10" cake (strawberries and mousse and white cake and icing - the photo is somewhere on the earlier thread) to be delivered to our Wishes cruise right after dinner. We wanted to share it with the DIS-ers who were joining us for the cruise. Unfortunately, being September the cruise ended up being rained out - 3 days in a row. And our cake went missing. They finally located it a few days later - it was lovely and the little bit we ate was delicious. The day after our anniversary we ate at the Coral Reef with diver, sign, rose petals, champagne and tuxedo strawberries! :love:

So I say, when in Disney eat cake as much and as often as you like! :rotfl:

Happy birthday and anniversary!! pixiedust:

oh yeah I remember reading your post lol! Well we are going to CRT on the last day there and I know I am definitely going to have the slipper dessert.. dh already knows about it but I am going to see if they can put happy anni on it as well :love: .. hmmmm I still don't know what to do about a bday cake though:confused3

I just got off the phone with the chef at the Boardwalk bakery and she told me I can order the mini-castle cake and pick it up there at the bakery. I wasn't sure if I could so I called. :dance3: Yea!!! Now to decide if I really want the mini-castle cake, which I have been drolling over or a regular cake. This is my 25th anniversary year. . . and the cake at my wedding did come out mostly frozen .. . . and I have put up with my dh for 25 (twenty-five), did I say 25 years. . . and nobody is excited to go to WDW but me and that way the mini-castle cake would be too small to share.:rolleyes1
Did you call the Boardwalk Bakery directly or the cake hotline?

Did you call the Boardwalk Bakery directly or the cake hotline?

I called the Boardwalk Bakery number, and when I told the girl who answered that I wanted the castle cake she put me through to a chef. I talked to a chef and said I wanted the castle cake. I'm going to pick it up at the bakery. So we'll see how it goes. Will definitely post a pic when I get it. SOOOO excited. :dance3: :dance3:

(Boy I lead a boaring life, if a simple cake gets me this exited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter