*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Since I can't book FOP until exactly 60 days out, I'm just hoping to get an afternoon FP for it.

Thanks Tomh for suggesting a 'dry-run' of the process! Its my first time using the website (as opposed to the app), and it went smooth as silk.:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Thanks to everyone submitting your FP experience for booking FOP and Navi. I think I will immediately book day 2 for FOP and if there are no desired times I will jump and book it on day 5 to get the time I want on that day and then go back to day 2 and book Navi since that has more availability. My issue is timing around a meal. I do not want to eat a meal and then hop on FOP just in case there are any motion issues....don't want any nauseated tummies full of food :sad2:

I'm so bummed, we are only doing an evening at AK so won't be able to rope drop one of the rides......I'm just going to FP FoP, and hope river journey line isn't TOO long. We'll be arriving around 4:30 for a Tusker House ressie, then head over to Pandora

So excited to join this thread. We decided this week to book a trip end of August. I'm a planner, so this is booking REALLY late for me. We are staying OKW Aug 23-30. Bonus for us was the MNSSHP starts that week! I can't wait! I need my Disney fix

LOL....but you booked it just in time! You still have time to plan and pick your FPs for the 60 day mark and the dining can just be more easy going :hippie: Happy planning!!!

I'm so bummed, we are only doing an evening at AK so won't be able to rope drop one of the rides......I'm just going to FP FoP, and hope river journey line isn't TOO long. We'll be arriving around 4:30 for a Tusker House ressie, then head over to Pandora

Same here. I have 9 days til FP time and am still trying to finalize which evening it will be. This will be a shorter trip than usual for us, so we're doing a park on arrival day for the first time. One DD insists it MUST be MK, but I'm also considering making this our AK evening. We also have park hoppers for the first time, figuring out FPs in general is different for me this year.
Anyway, fingers crossed for short enough lines at NRJ!

Same here. I have 9 days til FP time and am still trying to finalize which evening it will be. This will be a shorter trip than usual for us, so we're doing a park on arrival day for the first time. One DD insists it MUST be MK, but I'm also considering making this our AK evening. We also have park hoppers for the first time, figuring out FPs in general is different for me this year.
Anyway, fingers crossed for short enough lines at NRJ!

One thing to think about with AK on first day. Most people are reporting better FP+ availability when they search for dates later in their vacation even at 60 days

One thing to think about with AK on first day. Most people are reporting better FP+ availability when they search for dates later in their vacation even at 60 days

Great point, thank you. That will likely make the decision for me. Which is a good thing, since I am very indecisive!

I don't even know when my FP day is, I need to get on that before i miss it. I think it's next Monday or Tuesday.

Great point, thank you. That will likely make the decision for me. Which is a good thing, since I am very indecisive!

@McFlea we may have already discussed this, i remember someone here also being in MA -- what part? I am north/northwest of Boston. So ready for this heat to be gone. :o

So who here has seen Yeeha Bob at POR? This is our first stay at POR and I'm not even sure what exactly he does......just sing? I've seen him mentioned a lot over the years but have never watched any videos or anything so I have no clue. It will just be me and DD10 this trip, think we should work him into our schedule?

@McFlea we may have already discussed this, i remember someone here also being in MA -- what part? I am north/northwest of Boston. So ready for this heat to be gone. :o

Hi :wave2: I'm in metrowest, ~20 miles from Boston. I agree about the heat, but like we said, it's good training for August in Orlando!

So who here has seen Yeeha Bob at POR? This is our first stay at POR and I'm not even sure what exactly he does......just sing? I've seen him mentioned a lot over the years but have never watched any videos or anything so I have no clue. It will just be me and DD10 this trip, think we should work him into our schedule?

I've never sat through an entire show, but I have stood at the back and watched for a while, or glanced in while walking by. He is terrific and the shows look like a lot of fun. Singing, piano, comedy, audience participation (if you want). I think it's worth checking out if it fits your schedule. He has a website here: http://www.yehaabob.com/ There is a calendar in the bottom right that will show you when he'll be performing at POR. Hover over the colored bar on the date - POR dates look to be the blue/purple color.

Today is exactly 60 days out from our Animal Kingdom day which is Sunday August 13. At exactly 7:00 this morning, Eastern time there was not a single FP+ available for FoP.

Today is exactly 60 days out from our Animal Kingdom day which is Sunday August 13. At exactly 7:00 this morning, Eastern time there was not a single FP+ available for FoP.

wow, interesting. Did you try for just 1 at a time (vs. your whole party)?

Luckily for me, we aren't doing AK until our 5th day, so hopefully I won't have a problem getting a FP since I'll be doing FPs at 65 days out

We did indeed try for just one, and tried morning, noon, and evening, and found nothing.

How long are you there? There is availability on Sunday the 20TH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter