*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Changed our trip to September with the free dining offer. It's much better than recent free dining since Park hoppers aren't required. Took about a 40 minute phone call but easy to do. Maybe we'll actually get to go.
What is the dining offer?

I forgot to pop on here when I did it, but I officially moved our trip from April to Sept. 12-19. I wasn't able to get Yacht or Beach Club at military rate- there wasn't a whole lot available really- but we settled on Coronado in a tower room with king bed. We really love Coronado, and the room type will be different, but I had my heart set on trying a whole new resort. I'm going to keep checking back each month just to see if something opens up because I really wanted to be closer to Epcot (for what will now be Food & Wine instead of Flower & Garden) and DHS for Star Wars. I was able to re-book our dining to almost the exact times we had on the same days. I only changed opening night dinner since we won't be at Yacht Club. Hope all of you get to re-schedule your April trips! Stay safe!

we were supposed to leave for Disney today to celebrate my retirement; had close to perfect FP+. 😢

rescheduled for October but not confident that will happen

We were supposed to leave on our adults only this Thursday the 23rd. This is the second trip we have had to move since all this started. We moved this particular one to 7/23. We have four other trips booked (two before this one and two after) so I didn't really have anywhere else to move it to. I would have preferred September for F&W because we are missing F&G by moving this one, but as a teacher I just don't have the personal days to use because I am hoping to use some for F&G next year.

we were supposed to leave for Disney today to celebrate my retirement; had close to perfect FP+. 😢

rescheduled for October but not confident that will happen

I feel ya! On my retirement day Monday I was sitting there thinking "I should be at WDW right now!" I'm not confident about them re-opening either, so when I moved the trip to Sept. I thought if needed I could move to Nov. and then finally to Dec. Our military salute tickets say they have to be used by Dec. so I don't know how that will play out if they don't re-open this year!

When you get an email from your supervisor asking you if you were still taking leave for a Disney Vacation because you forgot to take your scheduled leave off of the shared calendar. Should've been traveling there tomorrow.

Today would have been our second day to attempt RoTR at DHS. I initially rebooked with the free dining offer in August, but decided it really wouldn't work for us then and cancelled. Plus being less than 6 months away, I couldn't get all the exclusive dining reservations I had booked for April. Just felt like it wasn't as good even with the free dining. Oh well, maybe April 2021? Anyone start that thread yet? :)

We should be leaving tomorrow....

We rebooked for August/September but I don't feel nearly as confident as I did when we initially rebooked a month ago. This was our first trip in 6 years and we've been counting down for years. If I wasn't trying to go before my youngest turns three I think I'd just reschedule for a year or two out. My five year old is utterly obsessed with princesses right now too so I'll be sad if by the time we're able to go she's past that stage.

Yeah, we were supposed to fly down tomorrow, too. :(

No real plans yet on when to reschedule. Currently just waiting for them to announce the reopening and what the procedure will be along with how Annual Passes will be dealt with. So many unknowns.

We should be there today 😭 We’re rescheduling for early December. I’m glad my kids are all old enough to not be disappointed. I think I’m actually worse than them! This was our reward for getting three kids through college, but right now, I’d be happier if we just all be together somewhere.

Today would have been our second day to attempt RoTR at DHS. I initially rebooked with the free dining offer in August, but decided it really wouldn't work for us then and cancelled. Plus being less than 6 months away, I couldn't get all the exclusive dining reservations I had booked for April. Just felt like it wasn't as good even with the free dining. Oh well, maybe April 2021? Anyone start that thread yet? :)
today we would have been at AK. had FP+ for FoP, EE and Safari.

Well, just about now I should be on the Magical Express heading to French Quarter. This sucks.

ugh. We were supposed to be in Disney right now. I'm so gutted. To make ourselves feel better I am making recipe from each restaurant that we made ADR. It's bittersweet.

I've been making Disney recipes recently, too! Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, Frushi (made it today - delicious!), and I have the ingredients on the way to make Night Blossoms sometime next week. :drinking1

I've been making Disney recipes recently, too! Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, Frushi (made it today - delicious!), and I have the ingredients on the way to make Night Blossoms sometime next week. :drinking1
Sounds like fun!!!!! Enjoy what ever pixie dust you can muster up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter