*****Official April 2020 thread*****

It’s so hard. We were supposed to leave Friday. 😭. With my husband being an EW, we really wish we could get that break right now and relax at Disney! What a difference a few weeks make.

This should've been our first day...instead I'm sitting in an empty office (essential worker) blasting Disney Hits on my i-pad. :rockband: (also wishing I'd planned our back up trip for beyond May now...silly mortals) Still deciding what we should do with that one. Grateful for the Dis and our health!

This should've been our first day...instead I'm sitting in an empty office (essential worker) blasting Disney Hits on my i-pad. :rockband: (also wishing I'd planned our back up trip for beyond May now...silly mortals) Still deciding what we should do with that one. Grateful for the Dis and our health!
Stay safe and thank you for working for all of us!

We are switching our trip from April to September. Has anybody else successfully moved their dates yet? Curious what people's experiences have been.

So with the stay at home order through May 2nd, does that mean Disney is officially closed for April? They haven't said anything official, but I'm guessing they will not open until at least then. So does that make this thread obsolete :sad1:

So with the stay at home order through May 2nd, does that mean Disney is officially closed for April? They haven't said anything official, but I'm guessing they will not open until at least then. So does that make this thread obsolete :sad1:

That's what I assumed. We already switched dates but I would have been disappointed (and shocked) if Disney had been open. Guess I need to actually delete my Fastpasses and ADRs. I've had trouble doing it just incase they didn't stay closed all month.

I’ve paid for upgraded magic bands. If I cancel what will happen to them? Also if they are closed will not all dining automatically cancel?

I just canceled all of my carefully planned amazing dining plans It was so sad to get my Disney emails saying they were cancelled. I know there are bigger badder things going on in the world but I was so excited about all our plans. I have no idea when the stars will align that we can go with our adult children 😒

Changed our trip to September with the free dining offer. It's much better than recent free dining since Park hoppers aren't required. Took about a 40 minute phone call but easy to do. Maybe we'll actually get to go.

Well.... That does it for us. We're accepting the unquestioned required postponement of our April 18-26th trip. It would have been our first time dining at Cinderella's Table, AND our first time ever staying at a WDW Resort - the Port Orleans Riverside!
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has issued an executive order directing all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary and essential activities THROUGH APRIL 30!
I've cancelled our Disney After Hours event and the dining reservations along with our FastPass+ selections. Disney wasn't even able to rebook us for May! Their options and availability won't even show data for May according to the Cast Member I spoke with. We're holding onto the April 18-26 Resort reservation and our park tickets until we get closer, hoping that May options open up. According the the Cast Member, that's our only hope if we want to go in May AND things actually open up in May.
It is nice that there's an offer to provide us Disney Dining Plans when we do go!

Last edited:
That's "State of Florida: Office of the Governor Executive Order Number 20-91" for anyone wanting to look it up.

Well.... That does it for us. We're accepting the unquestioned required postponement of our April 18-26th trip. It would have been our first time dining at Cinderella's Table, AND our first time ever staying at a WDW Resort - the Port Orleans Riverside!
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has issued an executive order directing all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary and essential activities THROUGH APRIL 30!
I've cancelled our Disney After Hours event and the dining reservations along with our FastPass+ selections. Disney wasn't even able to rebook us for May! Their options and availability won't even show data for May according to the Cast Member I spoke with. We're holding onto the April 18-26 Resort reservation and our park tickets until we get closer, hoping that May options open up. According the the Cast Member, that's our only hope if we want to go in May AND things actually open up in May.
It is nice that there's an offer to provide us Disney Dining Plans when we do go!
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I would be shocked if Disney opened in May. I get we all need to be positive right now and I’d love to be wrong, but I just can’t see it happening with all that’s going on, and all that needs to be done to get it up and running again. I moved our trip to July 3 weeks ago, and I am now wishing I had pushed it out further. I am worried that even if it opens, it will be a staggered opening with things not being up and running all at once. That would be hard. I hope I’m wrong and that you can go in May.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I would be shocked if Disney opened in May. I get we all need to be positive right now and I’d love to be wrong, but I just can’t see it happening with all that’s going on, and all that needs to be done to get it up and running again. I moved our trip to July 3 weeks ago, and I am now wishing I had pushed it out further. I am worried that even if it opens, it will be a staggered opening with things not being up and running all at once. That would be hard. I hope I’m wrong and that you can go in May.
I understand all that. With the ability to cancel or reschedule up to 24 hours before checkin, we are planning on keeping reservations for as early as possible, then rescheduling only when we know for a fact if any of the 4 parks will be closed or significant ride closures are still occurring. We won't actually go for the trip until all 4 parks are open and our favorite rides are actually operating. I know that is a high expectation and we'll likely see continued postponing, but we will trust Disney to do what's safe and once we tap in with our Magic Bands, we won't have any reservations or worries about this illness.

If you change your room only reservation that was in April to the room, ticket, food package offered for September do you have to increase your deposit?

If you change your room only reservation that was in April to the room, ticket, food package offered for September do you have to increase your deposit?

As long as your room-only deposit was at least $200, no. If your deposit on your room-only was more than $200, the excess will go toward your total payment.

My 8 year old came into the living room and asked if tomorrow was when we were supposed to go to Disney World. I had to give her a big hug. She and her little sister are well aware of what's going on and she understands why Disney is closed but still heart broken. I showed her the pic of The Contemporary lit up in a heart and she teared up. I told her to be thankful for our health and Disney would be even more special when we are able to go back.

Our reservation has officially been cancelled. We decided to hold off on rebooking until we have a better handle on things. We'll see where things stand around mid-May or early June. We'll re-book when we feel more confident of Disney's opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts