*****Official April 2020 thread*****

I’m not afraid of Coronavirus..but are y’all getting a little nervous about potential park closings/reduced hours? I know it’s out of our control regardless and if Disney has to shut down we obviously have bigger problems.
I am. We leave at the end of April and I'm hoping everything works out. I'm just watching and waiting each day and hoping for the best.

Certainly more worried about the over reaction than Corona. As long as the park doesn't close I'll be there. I hope all the rest of you freak out and stay home :) (not really but well maybe a little)

Last edited:
I finally put in my Magicband order because there was a decent selection of the ones available for upgrade. After I placed the order, all of the upgraded ones are showing as gray. Should I be concerned? Has this happened to anyone else and they still received the upgraded ones they chose? My kids will be super disappointed if they receive gray.
Just an update. I looked again and the upgraded bands are now showing as my selections instead of gray. Super weird!

Also, I am worried about closures and travel restrictions due to coronavirus but still plan on going if we can. We arrive 4/10.

I am. We leave at the end of April and I'm hoping everything works out. I'm just watching and waiting each day and hoping for the best.

Same here. I have to think a lot about Coronavirus at work lately (committees and such) and so I feel like I am CONSTANTLY worrying about my trip. But...if the parks stay open, I'm going. I'm pretty healthy and I know what precautions to take.

At the end of the day, there's literally nothing I can do about it. So I'll keep my countdown going. 54 days until Disney!

Okay, I'm posting in several different threads and it's getting difficult to remember what I've said where, so if this is a repeat please forgive me! :flower3:

I'm starting to consider the possibility of driving. I'll be carefully watching in the weeks to come to see what reports we're getting from the situation with flights, but if I start to hear lots of stories of people being denied boarding or getting kicked off the plane because of a cough or a sneeze or something, driving might just have to be it. I'm afraid we'd end up with the "Disney crud" while there and not be allowed to get on the plane to fly home and then, if that's happening to enough people, it might be difficult to get a rental car to start driving, too. We can't really afford to get stuck in Orlando (paying for hotels and eating out and stuff, not to mention vacation time and pet boarding back home). So, I'm watching and waiting. We don't go until the end of April, so I should have a good feel for how things are being handled by then (I hope).

Okay, I'm posting in several different threads and it's getting difficult to remember what I've said where, so if this is a repeat please forgive me! :flower3:

I'm starting to consider the possibility of driving. I'll be carefully watching in the weeks to come to see what reports we're getting from the situation with flights, but if I start to hear lots of stories of people being denied boarding or getting kicked off the plane because of a cough or a sneeze or something, driving might just have to be it. I'm afraid we'd end up with the "Disney crud" while there and not be allowed to get on the plane to fly home and then, if that's happening to enough people, it might be difficult to get a rental car to start driving, too. We can't really afford to get stuck in Orlando (paying for hotels and eating out and stuff, not to mention vacation time and pet boarding back home). So, I'm watching and waiting. We don't go until the end of April, so I should have a good feel for how things are being handled by then (I hope).
I'm driving from NY (~20 hours) but that was the plan all along. I think it's going to be incredibly helpful to have a car to hop around and avoid crowds. I have a plan that moves us a lot more than i would ever in the past (I've never even hopped) because of the HS crowd issues and the desire to ride ROTR multiple times but no desire to deal with that park for full days.

I usually end up with some form of 'Disney crud' too. Unfortunately plane is the only option for me- I live in PA and don't have a driver's license. I think they'd rather have me on a plane...:rotfl:

I usually end up with some form of 'Disney crud' too. Unfortunately plane is the only option for me- I live in PA and don't have a driver's license. I think they'd rather have me on a plane...:rotfl:

Definitely! And I doubt you'd find an Uber for that distance! :drive:

I'm not worried about the virus, but travel considerations and refunds, etc. I won't say the word worry, as I'm not currently worried, but rather the thought has crossed my mind on "what if" we run into a situation where there are issues on the flight going, park closures, etc. However that seems a bit extreme at the moment, I'm just saying it's crossed my mind when else in the year we could possibly go, and what about those so called nonrefundable DAH tickets....but really, that's my extent of it at the moment for me, crossed my mind.

I'm not worried about the virus, but travel considerations and refunds, etc. I won't say the word worry, as I'm not currently worried, but rather the thought has crossed my mind on "what if" we run into a situation where there are issues on the flight going, park closures, etc. However that seems a bit extreme at the moment, I'm just saying it's crossed my mind when else in the year we could possibly go, and what about those so called nonrefundable DAH tickets....but really, that's my extent of it at the moment for me, crossed my mind.

I've considered that as well, but DH and I have AP's that expire on May 12, so going later isn't a great option for us. :(

I've considered that as well, but DH and I have AP's that expire on May 12, so going later isn't a great option for us. :(
Our timing to go really works well for us, and I didn't want to go in summer, and currently DAH is only offered through end of May. If we do need to reschedule, soonest is third week in June as we have kids in school and I'm not willing to pull particularly my middle schooler out from school for a week.

Between the craziness at DHS and Coronavirus scare and everything else (mostly the RotR situation), I considered cancelling our trip. I told my son (huge SW fan) that I’m happy to wait with him but my wife and daughter will want nothing to do with wall to wall crowds. I also told him that despite my best efforts, we may not get a chance to ride.

At this point, we are going to move forward as scheduled but looking for an excuse to just cancel the whole darn thing!

Certainly more worried about the over reaction than Corona. As long as the park doesn't close I'll be there. I hope all the rest of you freak out and stay home :) (not really but well maybe a little)

Same for us! I hope nothing closes but less crowded parks would be nice. We're going if tje parks are open. We're already driving so we don't have to worry about flights.

Both of my room only reservations are on rented DVC points so totally non refundable. If the parks close though I would assume the resorts would also close so hoping this is a rare extenuating circumstance but who knows. I think the media is just blowing everything out of proportion.

Okay fellow Aprilers, help a girl out! We’re going the week after Easter, since that’s when we’re off. We go this week every year, so we know exactly what to expect. For Easter Sunday, my planning rule has always been to avoid the MK and just use fastpasses and take it easy at other parks (we always do hoppers). I just checked the public access version of the crowd calendar on TP, and they have that day overall as a 5 (which I’m side eyeing very skeptically), and they have the MK as the lowest crowd level with a 4! Now I’m second guessing myself, even though MK on Easter still sounds like a terrible idea to me in theory. Am I missing something? What do they know that I don’t know? 😂

I agree that this week is going to be crazy regardless of what crowd calendars say. But if you want to try MK for Easter (they do have cute Easter specific things) and have park hoppers, why not? You can always hop away (and use MDE wait times to decide what park to hop to) after a bit if it is too crowded for you.

We just finished booking our what's-becoming-annual spring break trip for the week after easter (4/15-4/19). Bold considering coronavirus, but hoping the park will still be open and maybe the crowds will just be a tiny bit less. We're going with another family, so it'll be four adults and three girls (7,6, and 4). Staying at All Star Sports (this is a budget trip!) and doing park hopper for two days with a "pool day" in the middle. My daughter (7) and I are aggressive about touring plans but we'll have to tone it down for everyone else. :( I'm trying to push for some strategy as much as possible or find times to carve out when we can stick to our own schedule without being rude. This is also my husband's first time with our daughter and only second time ever, so I don't want to scare him!

Right now, I *think* we'll eat a food court dinner at the hotel and hang out on 4/15 (arrive at 4:30 via Spirit Airlines/ME), do Epcot for Frozen as close to RD as possible on 4/16 and head to MK after, then back to Epcot for adult drinks and the new nighttime show, do the no-park day 4/17 (made reservations at 1900 Park Fare for a late breakfast), then do DHS and AK on 4/18. We might RD DHS alone to get to MMRR.

I'm noticing that park hours are changing A LOT along with EMH times, so I'm on the lookout for freed up FPs and other ways of doing things. I guess that'll depend on crowds too.

Anyway, glad to share with the excitement with you all again this April!!!

We just finished booking our what's-becoming-annual spring break trip for the week after easter (4/15-4/19). Bold considering coronavirus, but hoping the park will still be open and maybe the crowds will just be a tiny bit less. We're going with another family, so it'll be four adults and three girls (7,6, and 4). Staying at All Star Sports (this is a budget trip!) and doing park hopper for two days with a "pool day" in the middle. My daughter (7) and I are aggressive about touring plans but we'll have to tone it down for everyone else. :( I'm trying to push for some strategy as much as possible or find times to carve out when we can stick to our own schedule without being rude. This is also my husband's first time with our daughter and only second time ever, so I don't want to scare him!

Right now, I *think* we'll eat a food court dinner at the hotel and hang out on 4/15 (arrive at 4:30 via Spirit Airlines/ME), do Epcot for Frozen as close to RD as possible on 4/16 and head to MK after, then back to Epcot for adult drinks and the new nighttime show, do the no-park day 4/17 (made reservations at 1900 Park Fare for a late breakfast), then do DHS and AK on 4/18. We might RD DHS alone to get to MMRR.

I'm noticing that park hours are changing A LOT along with EMH times, so I'm on the lookout for freed up FPs and other ways of doing things. I guess that'll depend on crowds too.

Anyway, glad to share with the excitement with you all again this April!!!

Aside from them moving EMH at DHS to pm vs am, what else has changed re: April hours??

Aside from them moving EMH at DHS to pm vs am, what else has changed re: April hours??

Nothing yet, but I'd expect them to add night time hours as we get closer. That'll change my plans at least some--last year I remember it being a really late in the game addition, too. Right now all the parks close by 9pm, which is just insanely early for a spring break week. (aside from the Villains AH at MK)

If we ended up having to drive instead of fly, it would take 4 days out of our 9 day trip, and that's with us driving 16 hours per day! So I hope that doesn't happen! We'd still do it for sure though, we've done the drive a fair amount of times already, but it wouldn't be fun to lose half our vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter