*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Yeah, it's a concern, so we're going to have to use every second of our grace period before checking in early for the ADR, and hope they'll give us a few minutes grace at the end of our FP+ window, too. But there isn't any point stressing over it now. It's just one of those things that happens when you have to pick ADRs 180 days out, you have to pick FP+ 60 days out, and both are impossible to move if they clash. (There were initially no Tier 1 FP+ for HS when we picked at 60+1, so we were lucky to get MFSR at all after two extra weeks of checking.) I've set up an alert at TP if anything else for Sci-Fi comes available. Fingers crossed for movement the day before. Undue worry would defeat the point of planning this early, though.

Hopefully something will become available as your trip gets closer.

Hey Ticklefart- you have the same birthday as my DH, but he's turning 42! We'll be ending our day at MK too.

Now that I made FP picks I can post our plans- which are subject to change based on our moods!

Travel party: DH (turning 42 on this trip) and myself (43)- 2nd trip just the two of us
Lodging: Yacht Club garden or woods view- first time staying here! We loved BWI and the whole area, plus the ability to walk to DHS and Epcot.
Park, dining, and FP plans: We have 5 day hoppers with the military salute tickets
Arrival day- We're driving from SC so we'll get there between 3-4 pm, check in and unpack, dinner is at Ale & Compass at 6:05 (new), then we'll walk or boat over to DHS to activate the military salute tickets, then back to YC for a good night's sleep.
AK day- We'll be celebrating my official retirement day! BF at Boma at 8:30. I wasn't able to get FP for FoP which I figured since it was the first day, so we'll just figure out a good time to do standby. We do have Safari at 11:20, Navi River at 12:20, and Kali River at 3:20. Lunch will be a light one at Satu'li Canteen (new) whenever we get hungry. then I booked dinner at Restaurantosaurus at 6:00 (new). We may hop to another park if we do everything we want before 8:00 closing.
Epcot day- BF at Ale & Compass at 8:15 (new), FP for Soarin' at 10:15, SE at 11:15, and Figment at 1:05. The plan is to do most everything we want in FW before heading over to WS to start eating at all the Flower & Garden Festival booths and exploring the countries. EMH till 11:00 so we should be able to do a lot.
MK day- PPO BF at The Plaza at 7:55, then FP for Buzz at 9:15, Peter Pan at 10:20, and BTMRR at 11:50. Lunch will be Sleepy Hollow and dinner at Pecos Bill's. EMH till 11:00 so we plan to stay all day.
Down day- We'll sleep in then grab BF at Beach Club Marketplace before heading to Stormalong Bay. We'll probably just get lunch at Hurricane Hannah's. Whenever we've had enough fun in the water we'll get cleaned up and head to DS for some shopping. Dinner is at The Edison at 6:00 (new). We plan to get to bed early so we can be up early the next morning.
DHS day- We'll either grab BF the night before from Boardwalk Bakery or hit it up on the way over this morning. We plan to get a boarding group for RotR then head to standby SDD. FP for ToT at 10:45, lunch at Sci-Fi at 12:10 (DH's only requested meal), Smuggler's Run at 2:05, and Indy at 4:15. For dinner we'll do Woody's Lunchbox (new). How tired we are will depend on when we call it quits for the day!
DH's B-day- BF at the Market at Ale & Compass before heading to DHS. If we don't get a boarding group the day before we'll try again this day. I got good FP for DHS this day- RnR at 10:15, M&MRR at 12:00, and TSMM at 1:00. Then we'll go wherever DH wants! We may go to AK for a Safari ride, we may go to Epcot for some lunch at a SE ride, but we'll definitely end at MK for a last ride on our two favorites- HM and PotC, and a Dole Whip!
Departure day- We usually leave on a Saturday so we have gone to a movie, shopped at DS, and done a 1/2 park day. This time because DH's birthday fell on the Saturday, we're leaving on a Sunday, and with both of us having work the next day, we'll likely just get up, have BF, pack up and check out.
Things I'm looking forward to: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!!! Staying at a new resort! Trying new food! Pin trading!
Shopping still to do: I think we're good clothing and shoe wise (we just got some new things for Christmas and my birthday), got the ponchos and sunscreen, borrowing DS's super charger for my phone so I can keep making FP picks, DH will bring his Camelpack for water, and I ordered trading pins.

Woop woop! Fast Pass day! We did pretty well, I must say. I'm happy. We did not get FOP, but our AK day is 60+1, and a Saturday, so I'm not shocked. This is our third trip since it's been open and we still have never ridden it, so I guess it's better when you don't know what you're missing!

4/24--Epcot (60)
12-1: Spaceship Earth. We land at 10, and Spaceship Earth/Epcot has become our traditional first stop. I love dropping our bags and getting straight to a park first thing!
(World Showcase eating goes here)
5-6: Test Track
6-7: Mission Space
Planning to try for FPs to Soarin after, or go single rider, or just plain old standby. With no kids this time, we can find something to talk about for a while during the wait in line! Living with the Land in here too.

4/25--Animal Kingdom (60+1)
1:30-2:30: Safari
2:30-3:30: Dinosaur
no availability for FOP for 2

4/26--Magic Kingdom (60+2)
doing Early Morning Magic, then RD Space Mountain
9:30-10:30: Haunted Mansion
10:30-11:30: BTMR
11:30-12:30: Jungle Cruise
then whatever extras we can grab on the fly

4/27--Hollywood Studios (60+3)
Hopefully get boarding group for ROTR
RD Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Single rider for MFSR at some point
9:30-10:30: Toy Story Mania
10:30-11:30: Alien Swirling Saucers
11:30-12:20: Slinky Dog Dash (sooooo happy we got this one! I think the plethora of Tier 1s is paying off for availability)

Woohoo! Great way to start my day!

I am so inspired by everyone’s trips and especially those among us who manage to find FPs for top tier rides through persistence. Our 60 day and 60 +1 days (4/14, 4/15) have an open slot for a Tier 1 at Hollywood Studios. Any tips for when to check back (I’ve just been checking throughout the day whenever I have a moment) would be welcomed! I’m keeping an eye on the hours changing, because I’m sure HS will open at 8am instead of 9am, but don’t have a TP membership or anything fancy for alerts.

Fingers crossed that I find something in the weeks before we leave :) This will be an anniversary trip for me and DH, so I’m hoping a slot for 2 will open up.

Any tips for when to check back (I’ve just been checking throughout the day whenever I have a moment) would be welcomed! I’m keeping an eye on the hours changing, because I’m sure HS will open at 8am instead of 9am, but don’t have a TP membership or anything fancy for alerts.
I had MFSR come up for 1PM last Wednesday between 12:35 PM and 12:45PM. It first came up as a 12:40 time slot or something close to that, and when I tapped it, the confirm button was greyed out. It let me select it a few more times, but never got a confirm button that I could tap. I tried to get it from a PC, and it didn't show at all. I force-closed the app and went back in, and it showed at 1PM and let me take it.

No idea when a good time to check is, but there's one data point for anybody collating a list. I was just checking from time to time when it crossed my mind, about ten times a day. It took a week and a half. I didn't have any hope of it working until I saw someone else on here say that they got a FP+ for it a couple of days after they initially dropped.

Good luck.

Had my fastpass day today. Ugh. Really hoping they move DHS to 8:00 openings for April so I can snag better fastpass options for a few rides, especially earlier in our trip. Right now we have MMRR at 4:55 on the same day we're planning to do DAH at MK and have LTT ADR at 5:50, which obviously won't work. If it comes down to it, I can cancel our ADR, but I'd really rather not. I've looked into changing it, but I don't really like our options there. Plus, I'm thinking maybe we'd rather just do a quick service if we have to keep that late MMRR fastpass. I don't want to take up so much time eating on one of our only two times in MK for this trip!

Oh well, hopefully things will get shifted around as we get a little closer. Now to just have some patience as I wait.:surfweb:

Had my fastpass day today. Ugh. Really hoping they move DHS to 8:00 openings for April so I can snag better fastpass options for a few rides, especially earlier in our trip. Right now we have MMRR at 4:55 on the same day we're planning to do DAH at MK and have LTT ADR at 5:50, which obviously won't work. If it comes down to it, I can cancel our ADR, but I'd really rather not. I've looked into changing it, but I don't really like our options there. Plus, I'm thinking maybe we'd rather just do a quick service if we have to keep that late MMRR fastpass. I don't want to take up so much time eating on one of our only two times in MK for this trip!

Oh well, hopefully things will get shifted around as we get a little closer. Now to just have some patience as I wait.:surfweb:
Yes, I am trying to change out some things as well! For one, hoping to change my fastpass times at Epcot and DHS so far no dice. I'm also waiting to change out some dining reservations times I have for Via Napoli and the Sci Fi, why does this seem like wishful thinking?! I signed up for free dining alerts, but also check anyway. Also waiting for word on Space 220 so checking for news and looking on here often, so I can add that reservation. It's awfully quiet about this!

Traveling: Me, DH, DS (5, almost 6), DD (just turned 4). My DH is not a Disney fan. This will only be his 2nd time going to WDW. First time was with us in April 2018. I went to WDW 5 times in 2019 and my kids went 3 times. My mom comes with the kids and I when DH doesn't go. We LOVE it!

Dates: 4/10-4/17

Lodging: 4/10-4/14 BWV studio, 4/14-4/17 BLT 1 bedroom. This will be our first trip using our own DVC points! We all have annual passes. (adding 5 nights after cruise in August or I wouldn't have purchased my DH an annual pass).

Current plan:
4/10
- Flight is scheduled to land at 8:05am. Take ME to BWV, drop off bags and head straight to Epcot.
10:30-11:30 Living with the Land
11:30-Garden Grill ADR
12:25-1:25 Soarin'
1:25-2:25 Nemo
After those rides I'd like to head to WS do the Eggstravoganza, pick-a-pearl and do a few booths for F&G. We'll basically be killing time until we get our room ready text. Plan on pizza/ice cream on the boardwalk for dinner and early bedtime since we will have been up since 2am!

4/11 - Hollywood Studios (hoping for RotR BG)
9:05 Oga's Cantina ADR for some bloody Mary's
10:00 FP Frozen sing-a-long
11:30 ADR Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dining package
12:45 TSM FP
Break at the resort
4:45 ADR Beaches & Cream
5:45-6:45 FP for MMRR (hoping to change this to 8am if/when park hours change to 8am opening)
8:00 Fantasmic.
(I'm debating on canceling the Fantasmic dining package and booking a regular meal and then booking the VIP dessert thing for Fantasmic. I did the math and it would be approx $50 more do drop the dining package and add the dessert party).

4/12 - Easter Sunday
Going to have baskets and an egg hunt in the room for the kids and then we plan on doing the resort Easter activities in the morning.
I hope to book Easter brunch at Maria & Enzo's in DS but reservations haven't opened yet.
5:00-6:00 - Figment FP
6:00-7:00 - Spaceship Earth FP
7:00-8:00 - Test Track FP
8:00 - Frozen Ever After Dessert Party

4/13 -
Sleep in hopefully and then swim.
1:30 Askershus ADR
Do Mexico ride
Date night for DH & I. Kids will be going to Captain Hook's Pirate Crew. We will probably do more F&G booths.

4/14 - Check out of BWV and head to AK
10:05-11:05 - Safari FP
11:55 - 12:55 - Na'vi FP for DD and I
12:00-1:00 - FoP FP for DH and DS
2:00 FP for Nemo show
Not gonna lie, I am not a fan of AK. DH really wants to do FoP so we're pretty much going there for that. We'll do QS for lunch.
Check in BLT and make dinner in the room.

4/15 - MK
9:00-10:00 - BTMRR FP
10:00-11:00 - Splash FP
11:00-12:00 - Pirates FP
12:00 - DD's first haircut!
1:15 - Tony's parade dining package
3:00 - parade
Return to resort to swim, dinner in the room again.

4/16 - MK
7:45 - EMM
9:05 - 10:05 Tomorrowland Speedway FP
10:15-11:15 Buzz FP
11:15-12:15 Jungle Cruise FP
Do whatever else the kids want to do before heading back to the resort to swim/start packing.
6:10 - Chef Mickey's ADR
Watch fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge unless we're exhausted, then we'll just go to bed! (I'm exhausted just from writing this lol).

4/17 - Check out/ME to airport at approx 11:00am.

Since my DH doesn't go often, I always feel the need to pack in as much as possible when he comes.

I really hate taking the buses so this trip was strategically planned to limit buses.

This will also be our first trip during Easter. My very first trip back in 1988 was during Easter but I barely remember it!

I'm a teacher and this trip will be during school vacation. We're going Fri-Fri because I'll need those 2 days to recover from this trip! Lol.

Today was our FP day and we got everything we wanted other than FOP, which we weren't really expecting to get so early in our trip.

Now that our FPs are in place, here's our mostly finished plan!

Traveling: Wife and I for our 6th anniversary during relatively the same time we went for our honeymoon
Dates: April 25 late arrival & staying offsite, onsite April 26-May 1 with a 4 Day Magic ticket
Lodging: All-Star Movies

Sunday, April 26--EPCOT
9:45--Frozen Ever After
10:45--Spaceship Earth
11:45--Living with the Land

Monday, April 27--Animal Kingdom
10:15--Na'vi River Journey (watching like a hawk for FoP!)
10:40--Tusker House
11:30--Safari
12:55--Expedition Everest

Tuesday, April 28--Rest Day!

Wednesday, April 29--Magic Kingdom

10:10--Big Thunder
11:10--Space
12:15--Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday, April 30--Hollywood Studios
9:45--Tower of Terror
10:45--Toy Story Mania
12:20--Slinky Dog
2:30 OR 6:25--Oga's Cantina (waiting to find out a friend's schedule so she can hopefully meet us at one of those times!)

Not too stoked about the early ToT, but it was that or afternoon and we're always hoping for extra FPs! Hoping for an 8:00 opening so we can RD MMRR...if it stays at 9:00, we might have to drop ToT and get something later in the day. My wife hates ToT so we usually FP it so I can go twice and she doesn't have to kill too much time!

Last edited:
Today was our FP day and we got everything we wanted other than FOP. When I looked later to see about adjusting times, I saw that HS was out of ToT and TS Mania at 60+4 and AK is out of EE and KS the day we're going (60+1). Is that typical now that they've opened the 60 day window to more off-site resorts?

Now that our FPs are in place, here's our mostly finished plan!

Traveling: Wife and I for our 6th anniversary during relatively the same time we went for our honeymoon
Dates: April 25 late arrival & staying offsite, onsite April 26-May 1 with a 4 Day Magic ticket
Lodging: All-Star Movies

Sunday, April 26--EPCOT
9:45--Frozen Ever After
10:45--Spaceship Earth
11:45--Living with the Land

Monday, April 27--Animal Kingdom
10:15--Na'vi River Journey (watching like a hawk for FoP!)
10:40--Tusker House
11:30--Safari
12:55--Expedition Everest

Tuesday, April 28--Rest Day!

Wednesday, April 29--Magic Kingdom

10:10--Big Thunder
11:10--Space
12:15--Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Thursday, April 30--Hollywood Studios
9:10--Tower of Terror
10:40--Toy Story Mania
12:20--Slinky Dog
2:30 OR 6:25--Oga's Cantina (waiting to find out a friend's schedule so she can hopefully meet us at one of those times!)

Not too stoked about the early ToT, but it was slim pickings. Hoping for an 8:00 opening so we can RD MMRR...if it stays at 9:00, we might have to drop ToT and get something later in the day. My wife hates ToT so we usually FP it so I can go twice and she doesn't have to kill too much time!

Specifically what days were you not seeing those particular rides?

Specifically what days were you not seeing those particular rides?

It was Monday 4/27 for AK and Thursday 4/30 for HS. We got what we wanted, but I was kind of shocked that they went so fast since I remember getting 4th FPs for most of them before.

EDIT pt. 2: I'm totally wrong. They were showing as unavailable when I was modifying other FPs since I already had them booked...clearly getting up to do my FPs has rendered my brain useless for the rest of the day!

Last edited:
It was Monday 4/27 for AK and Thursday 4/30 for HS. We got what we wanted, but I was kind of shocked that they went so fast since I remember getting 4th FPs for most of them before.

EDIT: Just checked again and found more times for ToT...maybe there was just a hiccup!

That's what I was going to check! It sure sounds like it. I also wondered because AK closes at 6 on Tuesday, 4/28, so there would be fewer passes available overall. That's one of our AK days. I'm hoping for slightly lower crowds due to the reduced park hours.

That's what I was going to check! It sure sounds like it. I also wondered because AK closes at 6 on Tuesday, 4/28, so there would be fewer passes available overall. That's one of our AK days. I'm hoping for slightly lower crowds due to the reduced park hours.
I edited my post again...it was a hiccup on my part! I must need another cup of coffee already 🤣 Tuesday was our originally planned AK day, but the reduced hours made us change our mind....so you'll have at least 2 less people!

Just booked Fastpasses today. I had to switch our Epcot/HS days to get SDD at a decent time but I expected that would happen. Got Fastpasses for all the rides I wanted and am satisfied with times. I'm so excited for my trip!
How are crowds leading up to an after hours event. With the switch we're going to do HS then hop to Animal Kingdom around 3. We very well might leave before after hour guests are admitted but I'm wondering/hoping it might not be too crowded in the time leading up to their admission.

I think we will get a late change to hours or small ones at first. They will probably wait to see if any travel restrictions happen over next month

I finally put in my Magicband order because there was a decent selection of the ones available for upgrade. After I placed the order, all of the upgraded ones are showing as gray. Should I be concerned? Has this happened to anyone else and they still received the upgraded ones they chose? My kids will be super disappointed if they receive gray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter