Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Are there ever AP rates available over New Year's Eve (Dec 29-Jan 3). I see AP rates end at Christmas right now.

We are January 2nd to the 6th. Looks like we’ll all be waiting awhile longer. I don’t really expect anything for the 2nd since it’s still Christmas break but I’m hoping crowds start to drop off after that. Regardless we are booked in the rooms we want at Royal Pacific . We will be happy to have Express Pass.

We are January 2nd to the 6th. Looks like we’ll all be waiting awhile longer. I don’t really expect anything for the 2nd since it’s still Christmas break but I’m hoping crowds start to drop off after that. Regardless we are booked in the rooms we want at Royal Pacific . We will be happy to have Express Pass.
The 2nd is a Sunday. A lot of people will be heading home. You might be good!

Probably not for a few months yet.
A few months? I know it's hard to believe, but January is less than 4 months away! Disney used to release theirs at the end of September. They seem to not be anti-discount at the moment. I know January is the slow season, and I'm not too worried about getting a good rate. Hopefully, next month or November.

A few months? I know it's hard to believe, but January is less than 4 months away! Disney used to release theirs at the end of September. They seem to not be anti-discount at the moment. I know January is the slow season, and I'm not too worried about getting a good rate. Hopefully, next month or November.
Universal is not Disney. They release their AP hotel discounts much, much later. Sometimes as late as a couple of weeks. The furthest out for regular rooms, not suites, is probably 3 months. I would book a hotel now, if you are definitely going, and then rebook/cancel or modify when a discount comes out. Just watch this thread, and someone will usually post when new availability shows up. With covid, the releases have been even later or just way different than before.

Universal is not Disney. They release their AP hotel discounts much, much later. Sometimes as late as a couple of weeks. The furthest out for regular rooms, not suites, is probably 3 months. I would book a hotel now, if you are definitely going, and then rebook/cancel or modify when a discount comes out. Just watch this thread, and someone will usually post when new availability shows up. With covid, the releases have been even later or just way different than before.
Yeah, but January is the slow season so I'll take my chances. I'm not going to be one of those people that people books at rack rate and then whines about no discounts. There are tons of those people on this forum. I'll go when I get a good rate. Thank you very much. If not January then some other month.

Yeah, but January is the slow season so I'll take my chances. I'm not going to be one of those people that people books at rack rate and then whines about no discounts. There are tons of those people on this forum. I'll go when I get a good rate. Thank you very much. If not January then some other month.

APH rates can be staggered. For December 1, I initially got a rate at PBH on August 4. But on August 25, I got the lowest price for Royal Pacific ($204) that I've gotten in years.

Last edited:
Do suites tend to be released earlier than regular rooms? I'm hoping to get an AP discount on a suite in February or April.

Do suites tend to be released earlier than regular rooms? I'm hoping to get an AP discount on a suite in February or April.

In my experience, yes. Suites and other "special" rooms (e.g., deluxe rooms, club level) tend to be released earlier than standard rooms. (It just makes sense: Universal wants to tempt some guests away from standard rooms by dazzling them with discounts on more expensive rooms first, in the hopes that they'll fall in love with the pricier room, book it and never look back.) Standard room discounts will appear a few days or even weeks later, and after that, it changes practically by the day. If I have my heart set on a particular room category (e.g., last time, it was a deluxe 2-queen at HRH, which for some reason seems to be the most sluggish of the Universal hotels to release APH-discounted rooms), I just keep checking back daily. For our August trip, I think it took a solid month after the APH rates first came out for our dates -- with the room we wanted being available only at rack rate, then not available at all, then available at rack rate again, then unavailable -- and then suddenly an APH rate for it appeared. So if at first you don't succeed -- don't give up.

Last edited:
We’re in the process of planning our first trip, hopefully the first full week in February 2022 - we’re planning on getting APs to get the room discount.

So, if I’m reading everything correctly - we should book our hotel, check for rate changes, then pray for a AP rate. We’ll plan on getting APs to activate when we arrive. My question is this: if we don't currently have APs, how can we tell when the AP rates are released? We’d be flying down so waiting until the last minute to book on hoping for an AP rate really scares me. Any thoughts?

We’re in the process of planning our first trip, hopefully the first full week in February 2022 - we’re planning on getting APs to get the room discount.

So, if I’m reading everything correctly - we should book our hotel, check for rate changes, then pray for a AP rate. We’ll plan on getting APs to activate when we arrive. My question is this: if we don't currently have APs, how can we tell when the AP rates are released? We’d be flying down so waiting until the last minute to book on hoping for an AP rate really scares me. Any thoughts?
AP rates have been released through December. Booking seem to be soft this year so rates are really good.

Here's where you can check and book rates:

Universal Orlando Resort

You don't need an annual pass when you book your rate. You'll need it before you checkout, although sometimes the front desk doesn't check your annual pass when you check-in.

There is no public rule when they'll release later dates. It seems to be if and when they think bookings are soft. For the first full week of February, these might be in November, maybe sooner if bookings remain soft.

I'd book something you want now, and then cancel it if they release the dates you want. One thing to consider is that annual pass rates tend to be Sunday to Thursday. You won't always find annual pass rates for the weekend. If you want to maximize your savings, you might need to consider a split stay, where you book some nights at an annual pass rate and other nights at a standard rate.

I have used a link to find passholder rates but am not sure if it is allowed to post it here on Disboards. If not, I have Googled "AP rates at Universal Hotels" and been able to access rates that way, as well.

ETA: Oh, good, I see someone posted a link!

Anyone see King rooms lately at APH rates? In the past, standard room category included both King and Queen choices - and both would be offered at the same discounted AP rate. But this year, I've only seen Queen labeled as a "standard" room. Wondering if Loews now considers King an upgrade?

Anyone see King rooms lately at APH rates? In the past, standard room category included both King and Queen choices - and both would be offered at the same discounted AP rate. But this year, I've only seen Queen labeled as a "standard" room. Wondering if Loews now considers King an upgrade?
I just saw a king room at both RP and PBR (September dates) with AP rates 😄

I think kings are the same price as a standard two bed room, but they may be harder to find, as there is not nearly as many of them versus the two bed rooms. But yeah, have gotten standard king room before with an AP discount, and it was the same price as as standard two queen room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter