"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

We went Sunday 12/10, what a bleepshow that was. Absolute torrential downpours both coming into the park and at the park for the 2 hours leading up into the party. Stood in line for 2 hours for customer service as it was lightning outside and the solution was park hoppers for another day if we cut off our wrist bands and immediately left the party since the rain had just ended in time for the party to start. With my wife, father and 2 year old daughter in tow. we toughed it out wet shoes and socks (I have the blisters to prove) and managed to have a decent time anyways but man was I miserable for half of the night.

Cookies were not matching their stations, no sugar cookies were available so we got a bunch of iced gingerbread. They are good, but for the price I’d hope they wouldn’t run out of anything.

Loved our first experience at the Christmas party in 2019 but after the wet experience of this year, I don’t know if we will ever do it again. Having to buy tickets in advance and not knowing what the weather will be, and also now knowing Disney has no obligation or compunction to make it right, I don’t know that I can justify the cost or that it is worth the inherent risk.
Sorry your party was so negatively impacted by the rain. If you choose to purchase tickets in the future, should the weather forecast have you not wanting to attend, if you don't activate your tickets a credit in the amount of your ticket will be added to your account to be used for a different special event. Might be an option on a night when heavy rains are forecasted.

Re: Cookies - Unfortunately I think we're starting to see the fallout of guests who have been treating the cookie stops as 'MVMCP Trick or Treat' stops and walking out of the park with bags and plastic containers full of cookies. :(

Sorry your party was so negatively impacted by the rain. If you choose to purchase tickets in the future, should the weather forecast have you not wanting to attend, if you don't activate your tickets a credit in the amount of your ticket will be added to your account to be used for a different special event. Might be an option on a night when heavy rains are forecasted.

Re: Cookies - Unfortunately I think we're starting to see the fallout of guests who have been treating the cookie stops as 'MVMCP Trick or Treat' stops and walking out of the park with bags and plastic containers full of cookies. :(
We are attending near the very end and I am concerned that many of the cookies will be gone... but also, can't they secure more if they know they are already out of some weeks in advance?

FYI, on 12/8, Columbia had snickerdoodle, Ray's had choc chip, Village Haus had Red Velvet, Launching Pad had iced gingerbread, and we didn't make it all the way back to Tortuga. I don't know if our night was just a fluke, if they mix it up every so often, or if they've permanently moved the cookies...
Tortuga gave out gingerbread

In regards to no sugar cookies recently … we were there December 3 and had them at the Lunching Pad stop. We noticed though, that the sugar cookies weren’t nearly as good as they’ve been in the past. They crumbled apart too. Wonder if something was going on with them that they had to replace them? Just a thought.

What's the consensus of Dessert Parties during MVMCP? Seems unnecessary to pay for more desserts when they are already passing out tons of cookies and cocoa? Opinions? Also, where is the best place to view the Minnie's fireworks if not doing a party in the hub? Thanks!
We just got back from our trip and went to the Christmas Party on Tuesday, 12/12. Had no issues with getting a spot to watch the fireworks right on the "hump" (where the street is at it's highest point and starts to decline towards the castle) 10-15 minutes before the fireworks started. No one was directly in front of us for several feet, so we were easily an entire head above the people closest in front and had a great view. In addition, there are plenty of cookies and other good foods to try around the park, so why fill up at an extra cost dessert party? So, I would say the dessert parties are a waste of time and money and unnecessary in every way, imo. But to each their own.

Oh, in other news, can confirm no sugar cookies at launching pad as had been previously advertised. The iced gingerbread cookies were being given out at both Tortuga and Launching Pad.

I had no idea this was an option and had I known, I absolutely would have taken advantage of this for next year. I was under the impression once the ticket was purchased that was it. Cannot be moved to a different night because the nights sell out.

I searched the thread and didn't find it - does anyone know if Jack & Sally start meeting early/wait times this year? My 4 year old wants to me "jack skeleton" and trying to map out our plan for tomorrow!

Random - our party was the 30th. No issues with ornaments, cookies, getting in, etc. Cookies were fine and many getting multiples. No way you could be expected to eat them all in one party. Silly to think so. Of course we brought some home, but just what we were intentionally alloted. Enjoy people!

We just got back from our trip and went to the Christmas Party on Tuesday, 12/12. Had no issues with getting a spot to watch the fireworks right on the "hump" (where the street is at it's highest point and starts to decline towards the castle) 10-15 minutes before the fireworks started. No one was directly in front of us for several feet, so we were easily an entire head above the people closest in front and had a great view. In addition, there are plenty of cookies and other good foods to try around the park, so why fill up at an extra cost dessert party? So, I would say the dessert parties are a waste of time and money and unnecessary in every way, imo. But to each their own.

Oh, in other news, can confirm no sugar cookies at launching pad as had been previously advertised. The iced gingerbread cookies were being given out at both Tortuga and Launching Pad.

Sugar cookies were back at the Lunching Pad for the 12/14 party. I can confirm that you can walk in just before the fireworks and find a spot to stand. For the late parade, there were few spots along the curbs that were open. Most were taken before the fireworks from what I noticed. One thing that irked me were the parents who put their kids on their shoulders and then moved around to find a better spot to see the stage shows. We went from seeing the full stage, to having it fully blocked.

Went to the 12/5 party. If anyone is looking for a good place to watch the shows/parade/fireworks: the green space in front of Casey's Corner. During the shows and the parade, there was only one other family in there with us. We had a perfect view of everything, especially the parade and no crowds, we could spread out.

It got a little crowded during fireworks, but nothing like around the hub. Because it has a fence around it, I assume most people think you can't go in, but I spoke to a cast member, and they said anyone can use it.

My Christmas Party recap….Attended the 12-15 party. We are AP’s so we got to the park at 2pm. Rode Jingle Cruise with only a 25 minute wait. Then POTC. After Pirates we lined up at Tortuga Tavern at 4pm to get our wristband, ornament and party map. That all went very smoothly. Hopped on Big Thunder Mountain. Grabbed the train to Main Street. Had dinner at Tony’s at 5:30pm and joined the 6pm boarding group at Tron. After Tron it was 7pm and they turned on the party overlays for Tomorrowland Speedway. So we did that. We walked over to Pinocchio’s house and grabbed a cocoa and red velvet cookie. We saw the side of one of the castle show’s viewing it from near Crystal Palace side of the castle. Found a spot for the 8:30 pm parade which was spectacular as always! 🥰🎄 The lines for cookies were ridiculously long so we skipped most of them 😔 I only got 1 cookie on party night. That’s not why I’m there - so it’s fine. It was okay overall. We didn’t stay for fireworks since I’m getting over a cold and was tired 😴. Wristbands were ribbons this year and difficult to remove.
*Sidenote: please don’t hog cookies 🍪 and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Soooo many people were sick and letting their germs fly. Yuck 🤢

They were handing out cookies by the handful last night. There are plenty of cookies. People are paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars to a billion dollar corporation. Take as many cookies as you like.

They were handing out cookies by the handful last night. There are plenty of cookies. People are paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars to a billion dollar corporation. Take as many cookies as you like.
Not sure where you were. But the cookie booths I saw handed one per person with the beverage. Enjoy your cookies. It’s just not why I personally buy a ticket to the party.

My Christmas Party recap….Attended the 12-15 party. We are AP’s so we got to the park at 2pm. Rode Jingle Cruise with only a 25 minute wait. Then POTC. After Pirates we lined up at Tortuga Tavern at 4pm to get our wristband, ornament and party map. That all went very smoothly. Hopped on Big Thunder Mountain. Grabbed the train to Main Street. Had dinner at Tony’s at 5:30pm and joined the 6pm boarding group at Tron. After Tron it was 7pm and they turned on the party overlays for Tomorrowland Speedway. So we did that. We walked over to Pinocchio’s house and grabbed a cocoa and red velvet cookie. We saw the side of one of the castle show’s viewing it from near Crystal Palace side of the castle. Found a spot for the 8:30 pm parade which was spectacular as always! 🥰🎄 The lines for cookies were ridiculously long so we skipped most of them 😔 I only got 1 cookie on party night. That’s not why I’m there - so it’s fine. It was okay overall. We didn’t stay for fireworks since I’m getting over a cold and was tired 😴. Wristbands were ribbons this year and difficult to remove.
*Sidenote: please don’t hog cookies 🍪 and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Soooo many people were sick and letting their germs fly. Yuck 🤢
Thanks for the thorough report. Did you skip Space Mountain? It sounds like you mostly avoided lines…but maybe an hour was spent on Tron?

Thanks for the thorough report. Did you skip Space Mountain? It sounds like you mostly avoided lines…but maybe an hour was spent on Tron?
Skipped space mountain as we weren’t interested. Like the ride but did it other years. So we kept going. Did a quick photo opp with a Tinkerbell lantern.
Tron is a very quick ride. No it didn’t take an hour. We were at Tony’s for 30-45 minutes at Tony’s and walked from Main Street to Tron. I’m sure I’m forgetting something. Tired 😴 brain lol.
Snow White was 40 minutes. Not bad - but we didn’t feel like waiting.

Not sure where you were. But the cookie booths I saw handed one per person with the beverage. Enjoy your cookies. It’s just not why I personally buy a ticket to the party.

I believe it was PVH and Columbia Harvor House where I was offered multiple cookies at once. I’m not there for the cookies either.

But I bristle at the notion that anyone can “hog” the cookies. Or that guests could cause a shortage. They cost Disney very little and there is absolutely no excuse for them to not have plenty of cookies for everyone at an expensive event.

It’s one thing if people are being rude to CMs or stealing cookies or breaking rules. But if a guest chooses to spend their party collecting cookies, that is their decision.

Also, my reply was more in general than directed to you. Apologies for not making that more clear.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter