"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Any idea if extended evening hours will be moved to Thursday on Halloween week. The party is on Tue/Wed (10/31; 11/1)?

Has anyone attended, or thinking of attending, MNSSHP for multiple nights? I’ve never been but I’m contemplating getting tickets for 2 nights just to have an enough time to do everything and also because Halloween is my favorite. Is it worth it?

Has anyone attended, or thinking of attending, MNSSHP for multiple nights? I’ve never been but I’m contemplating getting tickets for 2 nights just to have an enough time to do everything and also because Halloween is my favorite. Is it worth it?
Yup! We do this often to focus on different things each night. Also helpful if one night is very rainy, or like last year, gets cancelled due to a hurricane.

Very true! I love a logical approach, makes me feel less guilty haha thanks
Yep, doing 2 in August because I am worried about a rain out. I need to see BTY parade. It is my favorite, and it's been awhile since we last saw it.
Told the kids I'll pack an extra bag/suitcase to haul back all the candy from 2 nights. :)
And, we can dress up twice! 🎃

We’ve thought about doing two parties in the past, but the show, parade and fireworks are all doable in one day (we stayed until 11:30 pm). If you have kids who won’t stay up that late then two parties might be the way to go. We also like having a full MK day to ride rides so while being a bonus, rides aren’t a priority for us at MNSSHP. We usually book our party early (first day or two) so if it’s cancelled we can get rebooked another day later in our trip.

Also, the resorts have trick or treat stations as well (this was something new to us in 2021 and kids had a blast because they had missed Halloween completely due to travel+delays).

We did this in 2019. One night for trick or treating and rides. The other night was the entertainment, dessert party, and Jack and Sally M&G.

I understand tickets are non-refundable. Do they have to be assigned to someone when purchased? I don’t know yet if my mom or dad will be traveling with us. Can I buy a ticket and then either can use it when the decision is made? Alternatively, if neither can go can I give that ticket to someone else? Is there a way to transfer it to them?
Tickets bought from undercovertourist.com are refundable, up until the day of the party, but not after. Last year, we were supposed to attend a party but we left early due to Hurricane Ian. They refunded my $ on the party day. I called them from the car on the way home. I think it was 95% refundable.

We'll be going for (hopefully) 4 nights. Last year, a hurricane canceled our whole trip so this year I've got a back up trip.
Trip 1 in August is 2 nights, arrive on Sunday, party on Tuesday and Friday, Universal day on Thursday, lots of pool time/relaxing time.
Trip 2 is October, arrive Sunday, party on Tuesday and Wednesday, leave Thursday. Not as relaxed but still not my usual go-go-go style of park touring.

We've done 2 parties a trip since 2009 (we really love MNSSHP). It takes the pressure off to do everything, buy everything, etc. in one night. And it really helps for the nights that have bad weather.

I'm curious as to why there's a party on November 1st. It's after Halloween, it's a Wednesday, so I thought that's extra evening hours for deluxe resorts and I thought they always have Christmas decor up by Nov. 1 opening.
I think a lot of people who arrive on 11/01 are disappointed that they missed the holiday by one day. We are attending on 10/31 (hopefully), I hope this means that locals might chose to enjoy the actual holiday off property and then again on the 1st at MK.

I think a lot of people who arrive on 11/01 are disappointed that they missed the holiday by one day. We are attending on 10/31 (hopefully), I hope this means that locals might chose to enjoy the actual holiday off property and then again on the 1st at MK.
We are going the same day (if I can secure tickets! we are staying on property). Was trying to see how insane it would be but couldn’t be worse than NYE at MK.

Are tickets available at midnight or at 6 am est?

Last edited:
Is your only chance at Tron ILL or the 6 o’clock VQ? Guessing the 1pm VQ isn’t possible with just a party ticket?
Haven’t gone since Tron opened (went Dec 2022 for NYE) and I didn’t even realize it will be open for MNSSHP!

Any idea if extended evening hours will be moved to Thursday on Halloween week. The party is on Tue/Wed (10/31; 11/1)?

Hard to tell. They may skip EEH at MK that week because they need the staff for the parties. I'm not sure I've seen them shuffle EEH, they even skipped EEH at Epcot on some holiday Mondays.

Is your only chance at Tron ILL or the 6 o’clock VQ? Guessing the 1pm VQ isn’t possible with just a party ticket?

This may be the first time any VQ ride and hard ticketed event have overlapped. They never sold ILL for a After Hours or Parties before, the rides were standby only. The first will be next month's Screen and Scream event at Epcot, maybe that will set precedent.

Last edited:
Hard to tell. They may skip EEH at MK that week because they need the staff for the parties. I'm not sure I've seen them shuffle EEH, they even skipped EEH at Epcot on some holiday Mondays.

This will be a first time any VQ ride and Party have overlapped, but it might be standby, they never sold ILL for a After Hours or Party before, I don't know if a VQ ride has ever overlapped a hard ticket event. The GOTG movie event might give us a clue.
Or they could move it to DHS.

I'm curious as to why there's a party on November 1st. It's after Halloween, it's a Wednesday, so I thought that's extra evening hours for deluxe resorts

Cash grab? Parties are the cash crop of control August-December. One sold out party grosses around ~$4M in ticket sales alone.

and I thought they always have Christmas decor up by Nov. 1 opening.

That was never really the case. But pushing Halloween back into November has happened before, though usually when Halloween falls around a weekend.

Or they could move it to DHS.
I was hoping for this but realistically they won’t do that. There were only 2 months last year when DHS had EETPH (April 13, Dec 15, Dec 22); I changed my DHS park reservation to MK; they were trying to spread out major holiday crowds (Spring break and Christmas) I’m pretty sure that Thur will be MK EETPH just so they can say they offered it for all the deluxe resort guests like me (considering changing to Art of Animation).

We've never been to any kind of after hours party and are planning to go to a party with our toddler (2.5). I'm thinking it would be better to go earlier in the trip, since I assume toward the end she will be more tired. We are there the 7th-16th, but I'm debating between if the 10th or 12th would be better. Any advice? We're planning to do a resort day for which ever day we do the party and then probably Epcot the next day.

We've never been to any kind of after hours party and are planning to go to a party with our toddler (2.5). I'm thinking it would be better to go earlier in the trip, since I assume toward the end she will be more tired. We are there the 7th-16th, but I'm debating between if the 10th or 12th would be better. Any advice? We're planning to do a resort day for which ever day we do the party and then probably Epcot the next day.
We are also going with our 2.5 year old toddler! Best of luck to us! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter