Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I’ve never done a party so I haven’t paid attention in the past. We’re unexpectedly going to be in Orlando starting Jan 3. Are the parties ever extended past the holidays? Thanks.

I mean realistically how many Mickey bars can you eat? I can make it through one and maybe some popcorn - it sounds appealing but I’m like what can I realistically eat.

Are the park restaurants open during the after party? They aren't showing as open on the reservation page, so I'm assuming not.

Tomorrow is our party night! Is anyone else here going tomorrow? Do you have a pre-party (7-9) strategy or are you winging it?

I think we will meet Mickey as we go in (we have a first timer in our group!), then hit Peoplemover, Buzz, and head over to Fantasyland for Dumbo and fireworks viewing before the party. (Our group doesn’t handle castle crowds well so we prefer the Big Top area for viewing fireworks)

Option 2 was maybe trying to knock out a mountain pre-party since the omnimover rides probably will be walk-on’s during the event and I don’t want to waste much time in ride lines during the event. Our main focus is rides but I hope we’ll be in a decent place to catch some of the parade too.

Tomorrow is our party night! Is anyone else here going tomorrow? Do you have a pre-party (7-9) strategy or are you winging it?

I think we will meet Mickey as we go in (we have a first timer in our group!), then hit Peoplemover, Buzz, and head over to Fantasyland for Dumbo and fireworks viewing before the party. (Our group doesn’t handle castle crowds well so we prefer the Big Top area for viewing fireworks)

Option 2 was maybe trying to knock out a mountain pre-party since the omnimover rides probably will be walk-on’s during the event and I don’t want to waste much time in ride lines during the event. Our main focus is rides but I hope we’ll be in a decent place to catch some of the parade too.
We’re going tomorrow too. We don’t really have much of a pre party plan. Thinking maybe trying to hit up Space mountain depending on wait times, then hitting up some Tomorrowland rides after.

I am going the 9th (my birthday!!)
my plan is to do a quick service dinner then head towards the back and start with those rides. My plan is mostly rides also and to try to see the parade and fireworks. I was planning on seeing Mickey also and hope he is in holiday attire. Can’t wait to see how tomorrow goes!

We're thinking about adding the party to our impromptu trip next month. My question is: If we already have Memory Maker for the trip, are the pics taken at the after hours party included in that? Sorry if it's a dumb question. We've just never done one of the after hours event.

Thanks!

We're thinking about adding the party to our impromptu trip next month. My question is: If we already have Memory Maker for the trip, are the pics taken at the after hours party included in that? Sorry if it's a dumb question. We've just never done one of the after hours event.

Thanks!
For previous parties they were. I didn’t do the boo bash this year.
My DD’s AP is good until 12/14 so I was thinking we would still get the pix based on our past trip experiences.

Thanks!
Yes, we got all our Boo Bash pictures through our Memory Maker

I thought this would happen, but just tried anyway... unable to book Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane with a Very Merriest After Hours ticket. Genie tells me "Not Eligible. This guest does not have a linked Disney Park Pass reservation". I (well, my daughter and some family) have After Hours tickets only. Was hoping to book a 7DMT ILL$ for about 7pm just to get that ride out of the way in advance of the After Hours. Not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass it along.... you can't use Genie on an After Hours special event ticket

I thought this would happen, but just tried anyway... unable to book Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane with a Very Merriest After Hours ticket. Genie tells me "Not Eligible. This guest does not have a linked Disney Park Pass reservation". I (well, my daughter and some family) have After Hours tickets only. Was hoping to book a 7DMT ILL$ for about 7pm just to get that ride out of the way in advance of the After Hours. Not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass it along.... you can't use Genie on an After Hours special event ticket

I figured. I wonder if you can buy enchantment dessert party even though it starts earlier

Is it odd that the first party is tonight and we know nothing as to the specialty treats or menu items yet? We go next week so we’ll have a good idea of things by then but this just feels weird. Not inspiring confidence

Happy first party day!!!

drop names of you tubers and such who you know will be in at the party tonight!

the only one I know of right now is Michaeldoesdisney on Instagram

Is it odd that the first party is tonight and we know nothing as to the specialty treats or menu items yet? We go next week so we’ll have a good idea of things by then but this just feels weird. Not inspiring confidence

I just went through the Boo Bash thread, and it was the same - no advance info about the menu, etc. They didn't even get advance notice about the entertainment schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter