Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Does anybody know what this reindeer wranglers thing is? My friends mother is obsessed with the reindeer in the parade, so if it has anything to do with them I will absolutely have to go.

No, nothing to do with the reindeer in the parade. They’re performers who do country songs reinvented as Christmas songs. As my friend once described them - think of them as the Dapper Dans meet Hee Haw. You can find clips of them on YouTube.

I thought this would happen, but just tried anyway... unable to book Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane with a Very Merriest After Hours ticket. Genie tells me "Not Eligible. This guest does not have a linked Disney Park Pass reservation". I (well, my daughter and some family) have After Hours tickets only. Was hoping to book a 7DMT ILL$ for about 7pm just to get that ride out of the way in advance of the After Hours. Not a big deal. Just thought I'd pass it along.... you can't use Genie on an After Hours special event ticket

Also you can't use the Preselect option with DAS with only a Party Ticket. You can use DAS during 7-9 (after 9 they are saying they are not doing DAS but YMMV) once you have gone through the turnstiles.

The parade appears to be somewhat smaller this year in comparison with 2019. I just watched a live stream. I counted about 8 toy soldiers. In a video live streamed in 2019, I counted around 22 soldiers! I didn't perform a careful analysis for other segments...

We just waited 25 min for Peter Pan. We even had to wait for Winnie the Pooh earlier tonight. Mine Train posted 25 but looked longer. Getting in here was an absolute madhouse too. They were giving out bracelets just past the tap-in points at the entrance gate and it created a big backup.

The crowds are obviously lower than daytime crowds but I’m not sure I’d pay the kind of $ they charged for this again. We have walked on a few rides (little mermaid, teacups, small world, dumbo) so that’s been nice. I really miss the emptier walkways that were common in the old AH events. It just feels crowded in here tonight aside from the Circus area. Maybe I’m just flowing with traffic the wrong way tonight? Or maybe it’s just a bit of first party figuring things out mode.

Okay, I stand corrected. Those fireworks were freaking amazing and worth every penny. Snack lines are also dying way down.
Enjoy!! I’m going next Thurs and Fri, and the live streams look wonderful. Perfect mix between legacy MVMCP and legacy AH, which is what I was hoping for. The fireworks show!!! And omg, the parade! Never thought I’d feel so emotional about seeing a parade!!

Things took a turn for the better after the 2nd fireworks! The lines went way down for rides and snacks/drinks. We ended up having a great evening overall and are so glad we went.

We didn’t go on the bigger rides aside from Splash and Space because we had someone with us that hates thrill rides.

By the time we got through the madness at the front gates it was around 7:20 and we left the event around 1:30. Final ride count: Peoplemover, Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain (for some of us), Astro Orbiter, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Pirates, Jingle Cruise, Magic Carpets, 2 rounds on Splash at the very end. We also took time to watch both rounds of fireworks, snapped a bunch of photos (no photopass ones for us this time) and stopped several times for drinks and snacks. The cookies and cocoa were delicious!

We ended up having a great evening overall and next time I’d just go into it knowing the waits/crowds would be different than they were 2 years ago. The world is a different place and Disney is our happy place so if the worst part about the evening means waiting a few extra minutes in line, we will take it. :)

Things took a turn for the better after the 2nd fireworks! The lines went way down for rides and snacks/drinks. We ended up having a great evening overall and are so glad we went.

We didn’t go on the bigger rides aside from Splash and Space because we had someone with us that hates thrill rides.

By the time we got through the madness at the front gates it was around 7:20 and we left the event around 1:30. Final ride count: Peoplemover, Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain (for some of us), Astro Orbiter, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Pirates, Jingle Cruise, Magic Carpets, 2 rounds on Splash at the very end. We also took time to watch both rounds of fireworks, snapped a bunch of photos (no photopass ones for us this time) and stopped several times for drinks and snacks. The cookies and cocoa were delicious!

We ended up having a great evening overall and next time I’d just go into it knowing the waits/crowds would be different than they were 2 years ago. The world is a different place and Disney is our happy place so if the worst part about the evening means waiting a few extra minutes in line, we will take it. :)
Thanks for your review! My CM daughter reported in to me that she arrived at about 7:40 and "sailed through" the tapstiles/wristband area - she was probably late enough that the bulk of the crowd had already entered. Like you, she loved the entertainment. She said the fireworks show was long and really good and the parade was fantastic. She reported ride wait times as low or lower than the 2 Boo Bash events we went to. She also reported that SANTA was the character at Liberty Square (behind the Christmas Shoppe). I don't ever remember a Santa sighting. Was Santa at the old MVMCP events? If he was, I never saw him. Captain Hook and Smee were by Pirates, and I don't usually see them either. In terms of crowd, she said it was busy on Main St and in the Hub, and light crowds everywhere else. She had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter