Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

So I’m only disappointed to hear that PP and HM had 25 min lines all night! That’s not so great for a 3 hour event...
We were there last night. In order we rode Splash, BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and Mine Train first... Peter Pan 15 minute wait, Mine Train about 20 minutes. Everything else was basically a walk-on... including Space Mountain later in the eveining.

What time did most leave? and how were buses? how full? With Covid, I have rented a car to avoid Disney buses, but for this event, seeing how late it is, want to take the bus back to Pop.. How late do they run and how crowded were they? I dont want to be packed like sardines. I heard buses they are filling as before Covid, correct??

Trying to decide to bus back to POP or drive.

Can I ask for the possibility of getting tickets on the day for those who have had to cancel, how early do Disney release these? If I can get out there, I'm hoping to go to MK just to see if there are any tickets but didn't know if they in the past for other events do this first thing or say, 1 hour prior to event access etc?

Can I ask for the possibility of getting tickets on the day for those who have had to cancel, how early do Disney release these? If I can get out there, I'm hoping to go to MK just to see if there are any tickets but didn't know if they in the past for other events do this first thing or say, 1 hour prior to event access etc?
I don’t have any experience with this, personally, but it seems all the signage on Tuesday went up just before 7 (or at least that’s when it started showing up on social media!)

We went to Boo Bash in the first night. Here is what we did and my thoughts on the night.We got to the Coronado Springs bus stop around 6:45 or so. We waited for a bus to MK for about 40 minutes. During that time 9 buses for Epcot came. Yes, 9, and probably 5 buses for DS. We were so frustrated and just kept hearing that one was coming. The app and the bus times monitor were both not reporting times. It was maddening. We finally got a bus to Mk and got there about 7:45. Main Street and the hub were packed, like crazy packed. We thought about watching the fireworks but decided against it. We headed back through Adventureland and then Fantasyland trying to figure out what to do and also looking for a bite to eat. No dice on anything ti eat. We decided to do IASW since it was a walk on. After we got off the ride, the fireworks we're going off so we watched them between Peter Pan and IASW, not the best view for sure. At 9 we got in line for Peter Pan. That took about 20 minutes. We. stood in place for a long time, not sure why.Once we got off that we headed to the HM since we were dressed in a HM theme. Rode the ride and then looked for the photopass photographer that was supposed to be there. They were not there yet which was really irritating since it was the main photo I wanted. There was a ghost type character on the lawn above the hearse that was entertaining.

My son wanted to do 7 dwarfs next so we headed there. That took a while, maybe 20ish minutes.
We then went over to SM because my son wanted to do it. He did, and said it was a walk on but just takes a while to get through the queue. We then headed over to the hub so we could see the cavalcades. They were cute but pretty underwhelming. We then rode Buzz and my son did SM again.

I wanted to go back to HM to see if their photopass photographers ever showed up. They were there and we got our photos done and rode HM again. My son did Mine train again. By that time it was about 12:20 and we were done. I was hoping to do some of the photo ops that we missed but they were mobbed. There are 3 photo ops on Main Street and they were mobbed all night. We only did 1 of them which was disappointing because I really love having all the different photos.

General impressions: I've been to one after hours event, the Villians After Dark in 2019 and I've been to several Halloween parties. It was quite a bit more crowded than the villians event, but less crowded than the parties. During the villians event the park felt pretty empty except at the hub. That was not the case last night. I was also surprised at the number of people lining up for candy they could buy at Walmart for $10. The lines were long and it seems an incredible waste of party time.

It was so hot! Our costumes were simple and designed to be cool and I was melting. There were lots of folks on full fledged costumes. I couldn't imagine how hot they must be.

There were several photopass opportunities throughout the park, but the popular ones could have definitely used at least double the number of photographers.

The waits at the major attractions (mine train) were still too long.

I would have stood in line for all the photopass people but I tried to balance what I wanted to do with what my son wanted to do. He's 14. We had a good time overall. There were lots of snack stands so that was nice. I think it was worth the money.

I love reading everyone's experiences! I've loved past regular After Hours events I've been to. I am nervous that this will fully replace parties, even after the pandemic's impact is somewhat behind us.

I just want the Spelltacular to come back!!

What time did most leave? and how were buses? how full? With Covid, I have rented a car to avoid Disney buses, but for this event, seeing how late it is, want to take the bus back to Pop.. How late do they run and how crowded were they? I dont want to be packed like sardines. I heard buses they are filling as before Covid, correct??

Trying to decide to bus back to POP or drive.

I stayed at Pop. I ended up getting off Space Mountain closer to 12:45 a.m. (as noted in my review, I had the opposite experience of most people who rode Space Mountain and ended up with my longest wait of the night - 15-20 minutes - at the end of the night). I didn't hurry out of the park but was also tired so didn't stick around. There was already a long line at the Pop bus stop. It is right next to Art of Animation's and that line was less crowded, so I decided to get in that line instead (I wasn't comfortable with how packed the Pop line was). However, the buses for Pop were constant - just as one would fill up, another would pull up - and they were also using the longer buses. They filled them as full as possible with people standing. The bus to AoA that I ended up on was a lot less packed, mainly because there were fewer people in line and we had a lot of scooters, wheelchairs, and strollers, which limited the standing room available.

I was pretty tired at the end, so was glad to take a bus. If you're concerned about crowded buses, I would recommend either taking your time to leave MK or comparing the lines for both Pop and AoA and choosing the one you're more comfortable with. If you go to AoA, you can walk over to Pop from there.

I stayed at Pop. I ended up getting off Space Mountain closer to 12:45 a.m. (as noted in my review, I had the opposite experience of most people who rode Space Mountain and ended up with my longest wait of the night - 15-20 minutes - at the end of the night). I didn't hurry out of the park but was also tired so didn't stick around. There was already a long line at the Pop bus stop. It is right next to Art of Animation's and that line was less crowded, so I decided to get in that line instead (I wasn't comfortable with how packed the Pop line was). However, the buses for Pop were constant - just as one would fill up, another would pull up - and they were also using the longer buses. They filled them as full as possible with people standing. The bus to AoA that I ended up on was a lot less packed, mainly because there were fewer people in line and we had a lot of scooters, wheelchairs, and strollers, which limited the standing room available.

I was pretty tired at the end, so was glad to take a bus. If you're concerned about crowded buses, I would recommend either taking your time to leave MK or comparing the lines for both Pop and AoA and choosing the one you're more comfortable with. If you go to AoA, you can walk over to Pop from there.
Thanks. I had no idea they’re really still packing people in like sardines especially right now that’s just crazy. I’m definitely leaning towards just taking the car Just to be safe. Thanks for the reminder on the AOA thing forgot about that

It was so hot! Our costumes were simple and designed to be cool and I was melting. There were lots of folks on full fledged costumes. I couldn't imagine how hot they must be.

our costumes are pretty simple too, glad to hear people are wearing some. It didn't look like a lot were in the live stream I watched.

Oh. 🤦‍♀️
I was on the PM back during MNSSHP in 2019. We were stuck within an easy walking distance to the loading platform but they made us sit there for over an hour. Good chunk of our evening kaput... I won't be doing PM again or recommend any one ride it during a time sensitive event.
I always ride it before an event, usually during the fireworks just in case! My oldest DD and I almost got stuck on it during our VAH, broke down right after we stepped off the ride, which was halfway through the event and we would have hated to have spent a chunk of our 3 hours just sitting there for who knows how long. My next AH event I got stuck on it during HEA, which was fine because I had the absolute best view of the fireworks from where I was stopped, but I don't dare ride it during the event because of these two instances.

It's me again! Didn't see a dedicated Boo Bash thread, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have a strategy question for you experts. My daughter is not a fireworks fan, but she understands that we will be there during fireworks on BB night (no WAY am I missing precious time by not arriving until 9!). Wondering about the best location for her to be out of the big crowd and noise (she'll wear her noise cancelling headphones, too), but where I can maybe see just a little (selfish, I know, but we'll be there in mid-october, and I want to see the anniversary show soooo badly). I was wondering about riding People Mover during the show?? Hanging out in Adventureland? Thanks, as always, for your collective wisdom!
One year we had lost track of time and were riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when the fireworks started. It was neat to see them while on the wildest ride in the wilderness, and afterwards we walked to a spot on the Fronteirland boardwalk that passes by where you would catch the rafts to Tom Sawyer island and watched the conclusion of the fireworks, it was a really neat perpective to watch the fireworks from there, even though you don't see the castle projections from that angle (which may be a good thing if that's too much visual stimulation for your daughter).

thanks for the suggestions!

One year we had lost track of time and were riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when the fireworks started. It was neat to see them while on the wildest ride in the wilderness, and afterwards we walked to a spot on the Fronteirland boardwalk that passes by where you would catch the rafts to Tom Sawyer island and watched the conclusion of the fireworks, it was a really neat perpective to watch the fireworks from there, even though you don't see the castle projections from that angle (which may be a good thing if that's too much visual stimulation for your daughter).

Hey everyone!! kind of bummed about the recent BOO BASH reports but trying not to let it get me down for our trip in October.

I have a question about the Pooh characters. I am a HUGE Eeyore fan and saw that he is dressed up as a clown near the Crystal Palace. Can I do character dining during Boo Bash hours? Are they doing character dining there? I know but and greets and pictures are different with Covid restrictions but how can I see Eeyore during the Boo Bash? Will he be in the mini-parades they are doing?

I hope I am not being too annoying, I just love seeing characters in costume and Eeyore is my absolute favorite. I am actually wondering if I will see him on the Halloween cruise we are doing next year lol

Hey everyone!! kind of bummed about the recent BOO BASH reports but trying not to let it get me down for our trip in October.

I have a question about the Pooh characters. I am a HUGE Eeyore fan and saw that he is dressed up as a clown near the Crystal Palace. Can I do character dining during Boo Bash hours? Are they doing character dining there? I know but and greets and pictures are different with Covid restrictions but how can I see Eeyore during the Boo Bash? Will he be in the mini-parades they are doing?

I hope I am not being too annoying, I just love seeing characters in costume and Eeyore is my absolute favorite. I am actually wondering if I will see him on the Halloween cruise we are doing next year lol
I don't think Crystal Palace is open during the After Hours event, but Pooh and friends put on their costumes and hang out on its front porch for physically distanced photo ops during the event.

Pooh and friends are inside Crystal Palace for character dinners. The if you nab a reservation for after 7pm you can get in at that time on your event ticket and enjoy the character dinner before the event starts - I don't know for sure but they may be in costume during the dinner. Again, the characters are distanced during the meal and don't come right to your table

I don't think Crystal Palace is open during the After Hours event, but Pooh and friends put on their costumes and hang out on its front porch for physically distanced photo ops during the event.

Pooh and friends are inside Crystal Palace for character dinners. The if you nab a reservation for after 7pm you can get in at that time on your event ticket and enjoy the character dinner before the event starts - I don't know for sure but they may be in costume during the dinner. Again, the characters are distanced during the meal and don't come right to your table

Ok thank you!!

I am so glad you asked this - this is me!!!

Unfortunately, Crystal Palace isn't a character dinner. The only way to catch Eeyore in his costume (right now) is during Boo Bash and he stands at the CP for distanced selfies

we didn’t use FP but we didn’t know to ask either. My boys waited over 40 min for space around 730. Daughter and I were in mine train line at 745. It was a 38 minute wait
It is not at all surprising that you experienced longish waits before 8pm... The event didn't start until 9:30pm, and the park was fully open up until then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter