Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

monique5

DVC - BLT & VGF
Disney After Hours Boo Bash - 2021
(Previously MNSSHP)

Welcome to the "Official" 2021 Disney After Hours Boo Bash Thread, where you will get THE most updated information for all of your Halloween needs!
I will update the thread as new information is released.

Disney After Hours Boo Bash Information
Discover a new, frightfully fun event featuring Halloween-themed cavalcades, Character sightings, trick or treating throughout the park
and more!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours-boo-bash/

🎃 What are the dates for the 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash"?
  • Tuesday, August 10, 2021
  • Tuesday, August 17, 2021
  • Friday, August 20, 2021
  • Tuesday, August 24, 2021
  • Friday, August 27, 2021
  • Tuesday, August 31, 2021
  • Friday, September 3, 2021
  • Tuesday, September. 7, 2021
  • Friday, September 10, 2021
  • Tuesday, September. 14, 2021
  • Friday, September 17, 2021
  • Tuesday, September 21, 2021
  • Friday, September 24, 2021
  • Tuesday, October 5, 2021
  • Friday, October 8, 2021
  • Tuesday, October 12, 2021
  • Friday, October 15, 2021
  • Tuesday, October 19, 2021
  • Friday, October 22, 2021
  • Sunday, October 24, 2021
  • Tuesday, October 26, 2021
  • Friday, October 29, 2021
  • Sunday, October 31, 2021
UPDATE, 6/11: Walt Disney World has added more Sunday dates. These dates will be available when tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 15th.
  • Sunday, September 5, 2021
  • Sunday, September 12, 2021
  • Sunday, September 19, 2021
  • Sunday, October 10, 2021
  • Sunday, October 17, 2021

This fall, the decorations on Main Street, U.S.A., will receive a magical transformation for the event nights in October as “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” begins. Walt Disney Imagineering, in partnership with the Walt Disney World Resort Holiday Services team, will blend a fall look with the enchanting story of Cinderella by creating special pumpkin coach decorations that will add to the park’s sparkling EARidescence during this magical time.

Sold Out Dates: 8/10 (6/16), 8/17 (6/28), 9/14 (7/6 & 7/18), 9/21 (6/20 & 7/18), 9/24 (6/17 & 7/14), 10/5 (6/14 & 6/28), 10/8 (6/15 & 6/30), 10/10 (7/6), 10/12 (6/14 & 7/6), 10/15 (6/20 & 7/6), 10/17 (7/18), 10/19 (6/15 & 7/14), 10/22 (6/20 & 7/14), 10/24 (7/14), 10/26 (6/20 & 7/6), 10/29 (6/15 & 6/28), 10/31 (6/11)

6/25/21: Disney After Hours Boo Bash Capacity Increased, Most “Sold Out” Dates Now Available Again. Now only August 10 & Halloween sold out.

8/10/21: Even though August 10 was sold out, guests could purchase tickets at Magic Kingdom tonight. However, a sold out sign was later put out.

🎃 When do Disney After Hours Boo Bash Tickets go on sale?
Tickets for this hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event will go on sale June 15 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can book their tickets as early as June 8. Tickets during the early booking window will only be available by phone.

🎃 How much do tickets cost?
Tickets start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween.

Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount for event nights in August and September.

A limited number of tickets are available, so get yours soon!

Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Prices, entertainment, attractions, experiences, ticket types, entitlements and other event elements subject to availability, closures and change or cancellation without notice or liability.

🎃 What time does Disney After Hours Boo Bash start? What time can I enter the park?
This 3-hour event begins at 9:00 PM or 9:30 PM, depending on the date.

“Disney After Hours Boo Bash” tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m., giving you time to enjoy even more of your favorite Magic Kingdom Park haunts before the event begins. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

Some event nights in August and September will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

The event takes place from 9:30 PM to 12:30 AM on the following dates:
  • Tuesday, August 10, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31
The event takes place from 9:00 PM to midnight on the following dates:
  • Tuesday, September 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24
  • Tuesday, October 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29, 31
🎃 Do I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?
  • Yes, a wristband is included in the cost of admission. All ticket holders for this event will be required to wear a wristband. You may pick-up your wristband at designated locations in the MK.
  • Once the party begins at 7pm, Cast Members begin looking for those who do not have wristbands to exit the park.
  • Boo Bash Ticket Holders have purchased tickets with "their money" for the party; if you do not have a ticket/wristband make your way to exit the gates at park closing.
  • Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for Boo Bash? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive your wristband!
Locations (starting @ 7pm)
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Liberty Square Ticketing Office (Liberty Square)

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland)
City Hall (Main Street USA)

You will NOT have access to attractions, treat trails, and cavalcade viewing with these wristbands. Cast Members will be checking wristbands at attraction entrances and throughout the rest of the park.

🎃 Do you have a map of the party?
Yes, there is a Boo Bash map.

🎃
What "tricks-or-treats" are offered?
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
With trick or treating throughout the park—including allergy-free options—you’re sure to have a sweet night.

Locations
Splash Mountain in Frontierland
Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland
Pinocchio Village Haus and Little Mermaid in Fantasyland
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and Cosmic Ray’s
Pete’s Silly Sideshow

🎃 Specialty Food and Drinks
Select complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages, are included in the cost of the event - available at carts stationed throughout the park.

A variety of specialty food and drinks will be available for purchase including an Apple Ginger Dale frozen drink (frozen apple cider mixed with ginger ale and topped with whipped cream) and a Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake.)**

This item will be on sale outside event hours Oct. 1 to Nov. 1.

Locations

Ariel's Grotto
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Pecos Bill
Pete's Silly Side Show
Splash Mountain

Tiki Room

🎃
Character Sightings
Spot Favorite Friends and Fiends
Enjoy Character Sightings and catch a performance by the Cadaver Dans.
Character Sightings will occur across the park, so be on the lookout! You could see:

• Goofy
  • Chip 'n' Dale
  • Miss Carlotta, Miss Renatta and Broome the Butler at the Haunted Mansion
  • Foulfellow and Gideon
Expect to see them in their usual places like on the train station platform, on the Tomorrowland Stage, and near Country Bear Jamboree.

There will also be characters on some of the Treat Trails so be sure to hit those up!

Character Locations
Crystal Palace
Frontierland Balcony
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Pinocchio Village House

And be sure to catch the Cadaver Dans as they make a special comeback (from the dead) appearance.

These spooky songsters emerge from their tombs for a cappella performances. You won’t want to miss this—it’s to die for!

🎃 Halloween Cavalcades
Special cavalcades will pop up throughout the night.

Be Bewitched by Halloween Cavalcades
Get swept up in the Halloween spirit with captivating, themed cavalcades.

Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade: Delight as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and pals—dressed in hauntingly boo-tiful Halloween costumes—parade through the park in this musical procession.

Disney Villain Halloween Cavalcade: Behold a legion of villains— unleashed to revel in this sinister season. Gaston leads the way, followed by fellow fiends like Dr. Facilier, the Queen of Hearts and Jafar, celebrating just how wonderful it is to be wicked.

Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade: Prepare for a procession worthy of the Pumpkin King! Jack Skellington—along with Sally and Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas—take to the streets to share thrilling, chilling tricks and treats!

And last (but definitely not least!), Maleficent will also make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon!

🎃 What time is Happily Ever After (Fireworks)?
Happily Ever After will be performed prior to the start of the event during regular park hours for everyone – Regular Admission Guests and Event Gusts.

If you are an Event Guest and want to see the fireworks you will need to enter the park earlier than the event start time.

There will NOT be special fireworks for the event.

Happily Ever After (before October 1)
Disney Enchantment (after October 1)

<iframe width="750" height="422" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

🎃 Are the attractions open during Disney After Hours Boo Bash?
Yes, and the lines for most attractions will have much shorter wait times than a regular park day.

Most attractions will be open for the event but some will not. Attractions like Country Bear Jamboree (Boo Bash map indicates it is open) and the Tom Sawyer Island will not be available during Boo Bash.

Spend Less Time in Line
After the park closes to day guests, enjoy shorter waits at over 20 Magic Kingdom attractions.

Disney After Hours Boo Bash lets a limited number of Guests experience the park for an additional 3 hours after it closes. That means less waiting in line at popular experiences like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain!

Some of the Many Attractions Open During the Event:

• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Space Mountain
All attractions and experiences subject to change without notice.

🎃 Entertainment
The following times are based on events that start at 9:30 pm. Do note that 9 pm start times will yield different entertainment times for the below offerings.
  • Tomorrowland DJ Dance Party - 9:30pm – 12:30am
  • Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade - 9:55pm &11:25pm
  • Disney Villains Halloween Cavalcade - 10:30pm & 11:45pm
  • Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade - 10:40pm & 11:55pm
  • Maleficent’s Fiery Prowl - 10:50pm & 12:05am
  • The Cadaver Dans in Frontierland - 9:40pm, 10:20pm, 11:05pm & 12:10am

🎃 Halloween Décor and More
Special décor, lighting and music set the tone for a not-too-spooky good time.

In addition to deliciously devilish decorations, you’ll find many Disney Characters in full Halloween dress and themed lighting that casts Cinderella Castle in a spectral glow. All this plus Halloween-themed music throughout the park ensures a frightfully fun night
!

Costume Guidelines for Disney After Hours Boo Bash
👻 COSTUMES YOU CAN – AND CAN’T – WEAR 👻
All foolish mortals can dress in costume for the event and you can get your fill of Halloween candy while trick-or-treating around the park. Costume masks are not permitted for adults; they can only be worn by children under 14. Before you arrive for the “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” event, please check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Policy for the most up-to-date information. Please note that health and safety measures, policies and operational guidelines are subject to change.

For Guests ages 13 and under:
  • Costumes and some masks may be worn; masks must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
For Guests 14 Years of Age or Older:
Costumes may be worn according to these guidelines. Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from Disney parks, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards:

• All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
  • Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
  • Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
  • Masks of any kind may not be worn (unless they are for medical or Guest safety purposes)

Last edited:
Disney PhotoPass Experiences

Disney PhotoPass will also be available to take your magical and spooky shots throughout the night.

🎃 Boo Bash Exclusive Magic Shots
Simply ask a PhotoPass photographer if they have any fun Magic Shots.

🎃 Make Happy Halloween Memories
Let Disney PhotoPass service capture your memories during the event so you can focus on the spook-tacular fun.

During Disney After Hours Boo Bash, Magic Kingdom park is decked out in festive decorations—creating the perfect backdrop for your preternatural pictures.

Relive some of your most thrilling moments again and again! Delight in shots being taken at just the right moment at some of your favorite attractions:

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
With Disney PhotoPass Service, you pay just for the photos and videos you want to keep. To enjoy the value and convenience of downloading all your vacation photos for one price, purchase Memory Maker.

🎃 Embrace the Spectral Spirit
Delight in festive additions to your photographs, including Magic Shots and more!

Your photos will be adorned with special effects to make hauntingly happy Halloween keepsakes. You can also add a sprinkle of pixie dust by taking a Magic Shot, which adds Disney Characters to your Disney PhotoPass photos after they’ve been taken. Ask photographers about the boo-tiful surprises they are able to add to your pictures.

With Disney PhotoPass Service, you pay just for the photos and videos you want to keep. To enjoy the value and convenience of downloading all your vacation photos for one price, purchase Memory Maker.

🎃 Purchase Memory Maker
Download and share all of your Disney PhotoPass memories for one price!
Bring the magic of your Walt Disney World visit home with Memory Maker. This unique product includes:

• All of your Disney PhotoPass photos and videos
  • Photos from participating attractions
  • Digital memories that are easy to share
Learn more about Memory Maker!

Memory Maker is not included with event admission and must be purchased separately. If you purchase Memory Maker, don’t forget to link your attraction photos to your account, so you can download them later.

Last edited:

The event takes place from 9:30 PM to 12:30 AM on the following dates:
  • Tuesday, August 10, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31

I find this encouraging that maybe I'll see some longer park hours for my mid/late August trip. I plan to go to the Boo Bash just to get some late-ish park hours, if just for one night.

Yay! I was hoping there would be a thread. It was so helpful in planning when we went in 2019!

Thanks for starting this! So excited for this event!

We are staying on property for our October trip but never received the email so many have mentioned here with the info for the advance ticket sale. Does anyone know what number we need to call? It seems as if those emails were hit or miss for most.

We’re hoping to attend on 10/31 so I hate that we have to call. I’m expecting extremely long wait times for tickets and am worried that the event on Halloween will sell out quickly.

We are staying on property for our October trip but never received the email so many have mentioned here with the info for the advance ticket sale. Does anyone know what number we need to call? It seems as if those emails were hit or miss for most.

We’re hoping to attend on 10/31 so I hate that we have to call. I’m expecting extremely long wait times for tickets and am worried that the event on Halloween will sell out quickly.
407-939-4240

407-939-4240
Thank you!

ETA: Oh, duh. It’s the same phone number as listed above. For some reason, I kept thinking that was only for June 15th and after. I apparently can’t read :scared: Thank you for humoring my dumb question!

I received my email today (this morning).

I’m a bit worried I won’t be able to early book. I got the e-mail for my stay at ASMo, but it’s a split stay, and the bash I want to go to is when I’ll be at SOG. Anyone have thoughts on it or been in a similar situation with something else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter