Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Yes-I have no desire to start our vacation in a will call line. LOL
Yes, especially since in my experience guest services has been at least a 45 minute wait...really cuts into a 3 hour event!

I did chat with a CM today who said that as long as they verified DVC info over the phone when purchasing that we should be good to go as far as bypassing will-call. He said unless there are specific instructions in the email saying that something needs to be verified that there is no reason to go to guest services as long as they are linked in MDE. I'm hoping he is right!

Its in smaller text underneath where it says they'll email them. You have to click on the text that says "Other Delivery Options".
I bought by phone on the first day of the frenzied pre-sale. So that wasn't available to me.

I'm on hold now with Disney. Will report back on whether I have success in getting them to mail me tickets.

I was never given the option to have them mailed either. I was just told that I had to pick them up at will call. I wish that I would have thought to ask about mailing, but, after having been on hold for hours, I ended up getting through at kind of a chaotic time when I was out running errands.

Has anyone who was told to go to will call had any luck calling and asking the tickets to be mailed instead?
So I decided to just call and see what I could find out-hold wasn't too bad (25 minutes). Long story short, I'm waiting for a call back from ticket services who will have to do a return/rebuy if I want them mailed to me. Apparently the CM I ordered the tickets from selected 'will call' and didn't even ask if I'd like them mailed.

Apparently the CM I ordered the tickets from selected 'will call' and didn't even ask if I'd like them mailed.
That's exactly what happened to me.

After getting cut off after being on hold twice, I tried the chat route. The chat agent said that the callback queue is full, and thus they can't even set it up for Disney to call me back. Ugh.

I am so confused-I purchased tickets on 6/8 and have not received them. I also did not receive a confirmation email. I do see they were charged to my credit card and was able to link to MDE. I really don't want to wait an hour on the phone to call Disney so I used the chat feature and was told I need to pick up at will call? The cast member I purchased from never mentioned this? The chat CM also said I had to choose to have my tickets mailed? This was never presented as an option. For those of you that received your tickets, did you specify that you wanted your tickets mailed to you?
I was not given an option to receive hard tickets. I was able to link through My Disney app. I never received an email confirmation of what I bought and price. I did see the charge on my credit card.

Our tickets show up in MDE. We have an MK park reservation for the day of our party, and plan to be in the park already before 7:00. Will we still need to pick up hard tickets from will call in advance, or would we be able to get wristbands from one of the cast members inside the park just be showing them the tickets in MDE? (We don't have magic bands. We will just be using hard, plastic tickets to get into the parks. Or maybe, if it makes a difference, I should purchase magic bands? We have never used them before because we always stay at the Swan, which doesn't provide them.)

Our tickets show up in MDE. We have an MK park reservation for the day of our party, and plan to be in the park already before 7:00. Will we still need to pick up hard tickets from will call in advance, or would we be able to get wristbands from one of the cast members inside the park just be showing them the tickets in MDE? (We don't have magic bands. We will just be using hard, plastic tickets to get into the parks. Or maybe, if it makes a difference, I should purchase magic bands? We have never used them before because we always stay at the Swan, which doesn't provide them.)
I don't think anyone will know until the first party. I hope we don't have to go to Will Call. As someone said on the last page, no one wants to wait in a will call line. Someone else aid its typically 45 minutes, and yeah I've found that to be true too. AK seems to be faster or have shorter lines at least. It's out first park that trip, so we will go that route if needed. Most of us who called on 6/8 weren't even asked to be mailed. No one wants will call, it's 2021 and you have electronic tickets!

TLDR: Hopefully anyone who linked into MDE can use that w/o will call, but I doubt we'll know until August.

Thanks. I ended up finally getting through to Disney on the phone, and just doing a cancel and rebook. I got an email confirmation, and the hard tickets will arrive by mail (supposedly) in 7-10 days. I'm not sure whether it was worth the hassle. But it looks like that's an option for others in the same boat.

Thanks. I ended up finally getting through to Disney on the phone, and just doing a cancel and rebook. I got an email confirmation, and the hard tickets will arrive by mail (supposedly) in 7-10 days. I'm not sure whether it was worth the hassle. But it looks like that's an option for others in the same boat.
That's great news! I decided not to cancel and rebook after speaking to ticket services. She said our Magic Band will work for Boo Bash (fingers crossed) since I linked in MDE. Oh my gosh I hope she's right! :rotfl:

So I decided to just call and see what I could find out-hold wasn't too bad (25 minutes). Long story short, I'm waiting for a call back from ticket services who will have to do a return/rebuy if I want them mailed to me. Apparently the CM I ordered the tickets from selected 'will call' and didn't even ask if I'd like them mailed.

Do you have a magic band? Just use that. Always worked for the other parties.

That's great news! I decided not to cancel and rebook after speaking to ticket services. She said our Magic Band will work for Boo Bash (fingers crossed) since I linked in MDE. Oh my gosh I hope she's right! :rotfl:
Same here - fingers crossed! We have had two instances where our park tickets wouldn't work on our magic bands (and there is NOTHING more frustrating than having a cast member say "I can see where you have tickets for today, but I can't let you in" with two kiddos in tow) so I will definitely be checking back in early August to see if it is working for people.

Is there anyway to get a straight answer about the tickets? I bought mine over the phone (August 10th) the cast member told me to link them to MDE. No choice of mailing or will call. The email does say will call though. I would think if they are in MDE you should be able to use your magic bands and bypass will call. It seems backwards to have tickets mailed out.

My current theory is that we will all be stuck at the will call on our respective days of the event, I believe that we will get the wristbands for the day of the event… but I may be wrone.

Is there anyway to get a straight answer about the tickets? I bought mine over the phone (August 10th) the cast member told me to link them to MDE. No choice of mailing or will call. The email does say will call though. I would think if they are in MDE you should be able to use your magic bands and bypass will call. It seems backwards to have tickets mailed out.
This is how it has worked for any other after hours or party we have attended. As long as I linked in MDE we just used our magic bands for entry. Even when we were mailed hard tickets or our tickets were marked will call, we still did the same process and just used our MBs for entry with no issue.

If you have the tickets in MDE it shouldn't make any difference. Hard tickets or not you still need to get a wristband for the event so I don't think it matters if you're scanning a magic band or showing up with a ticket.

Same here, was never given the option to be mailed but with every other AH we've attended, once they have been linked, magic bands have worked. That being said, you MUST enter through the specified party entrance or risk other tickets being used instead of the AH. And even then, I suggest checking your MDE before leaving to make sure your other tickets are still there. Last time even though we went through the Event line, somehow there was a "glitch" and our regular tickets were used. Excited for After hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter