• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I spent 1 hr 50 minutes on hold, got live person, and she could not find reservation. After being put back on hold she found us. 10/19 tickets booked and linked in MDE.

For reference: DVC members, AP holders, and staying at Beach on our points in October.

Ok while I have not tried calling yet (I used to be a phone operator so I am giving the system a chance to be free somewhat) I am getting nervous because we are staying in a studio at the Boardwalk (booked before the Boardwalk even announced reopening), and so many of you are saying we wont have access but we received the email saying starting today we can reserve for Boo Bash. Any thoughts or advice for when I call later?

Were you ultimately able to book successfully?
Yes, I was apparently very lucky to get through to a CM with no wait at all right at 7- I just had to stay on the line with her and chat for a while until the tickets loaded into the system and the kinks were worked out. She tried to tell me to call her back later but I wouldn’t let her off the phone 😂

I couldn't get through via the normal numbers (and have the call 'stick'), so I am on hold now for member services. Hoping I don't get dropped..!

Thankfully this wait is better than the Wish. That call was stuck on a loop of one song - a Gaelic chant song... "and and she sat in the shop; and she sat in the shop; she sat in the shop..."

Hi, Do you have to call, or will they be online for folks with resort reservations?
Thanks!

I’ve been attempting to get through since 6:59 this morning. I still can’t get connected to even get to the queue. This is so frustrating! I need 6 tickets for 10/31 otherwise I’d give up.

I guess the good news is that I don’t have many meetings today and am working from home so I have the time to deal with this today. I just don’t understand why MDE can recognize that you have a resort stay and valid tickets to secure a park reservation but yet they couldn’t use this same technology to make these available online? Disney clearly likes to mess with us before they charge us thousands of dollars:rotfl2:

Finally got through on the DVC line, followed the press number prompts, and then said something like “all agents are busy, please try your call again later, goodbye” and hung up.

I. AM. FURIOUS.

at least let me hold!
I got the same thing! I pressed 7 but wasn't sure if I should have pressed 1

Finally got through on the DVC line, followed the press number prompts, and then said something like “all agents are busy, please try your call again later, goodbye” and hung up.

I. AM. FURIOUS.

at least let me hold!
Yep..just got that too. :mad::mad::mad:

Have any DVC owners been able to book tickets yet? My friend is DVC and said they wouldn't let her book when she gave that reservation number. She has a split stay and they let her book using the regular cash room reservation.
I was not able to book. Told me I had to call member services. Now I can’t get in.

I am only calling one more time, then I am giving up....... hits redial button...... gets busy signal....... ok, one more time, then I am giving up.... hits redial button.... busy signal....... who am i kidding.... after 2 hours of this cycle, I am going to keep hitting that redial button till I get through:rotfl2:

I'm on hold on the DVC line. I wasn't sure which option to choose so I chose number 1 (DVC questions). ?? It says the hold time is 32 minutes.

Trying to stay positive but this is getting ridiculous. Been trying to get through since 6:58! Just let me connect and sit on hold, I can't get work done redialing constantly. Doesn't Disney realize that most of us actually have to work in order to give them our money? Can't afford to spend the entire day trying to get through!

Have any DVC owners been able to book tickets yet? My friend is DVC and said they wouldn't let her book when she gave that reservation number. She has a split stay and they let her book using the regular cash room reservation.

We booked on points - not cash. I called the 5277 at 7am and went into queue immediately. Got through to person at 1 hr 50 minutes, phone agent had to put me on hold to search for reservation (didn’t pull up right away - unclear if because system overloaded OR because its a DVC points reservation). After short hold, she came back and booked two tickets. I had the confirmation email before getting off the phone. Entire process took 1 hr 55 minutes.

Do the tickets show in MDE and if so, where? I tried linking, and the system recognizes my ticket confirmation number, but I still can't view the tickets anywhere. (and no email confirmation, ugh

I was on hold from 7:00 and it took an hour and 40 mins but I finally got our 9/3 tix. The app wouldn’t let me link the tix but the website would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter