Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Does anyone know what time you can start calling on the 8th? I'm guessing it's 7am (EDT), but I'd like to know for sure.

Yes, you can dress up. Not sure about during the day, but I don't know why not. Here's what the costume guidelines are:
Dressing for Halloween and Christmas Events
Please note the specific costume guidelines for these 3 events:
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
For Guests ages 13 and under:
  • Costumes and some masks may be worn; masks must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
For Guests 14 Years of Age or Older:
Costumes may be worn according to these guidelines. Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from Disney parks, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards:
  • All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
  • Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
  • Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
  • Masks of any kind may not be worn (unless they are for medical or Guest safety purposes)
Aaah brilliant, thank you so much! 😁

For calling early ticket sales we probably just need our resort Confirmation #.

I’m torn between Tues Sept 14 and Fri Sept 17. A weather crystal ball would be handy!

Pros for Tues:
$10 cheaper
Likely less crowded than Fri

Pros for Fri:
Last park day of trip so no worry about late night dragging us down in the park next day.

The price could be worth it if truly limited attendance like After Hours were at one point.

txcorey - thanks for info. Maybe they will have MVMCP this year, since it is referenced in the current costume guidelines you posted. Here's hoping for some pixie dust!

Last edited:

It's really unreal that the week I'm there, they are not having a single party. Ugh. We were really looking forward to this. I know the 50th starts on Oct. 1st, but why wouldn't they have a party on that Tuesday right before?

Does anyone know if I can buy tickets for family staying off-site if we are staying on-site? Also, if we end up changing to their off-site hotel (so we can all be in one place) and bought tickets early - would the tickets we purchased early be voided? Our three family group hasn’t completely ironed out our stay yet for the first week of November but I also don’t want to miss Halloween night if it sells out right away.

Can someone post the phone number? We did not get an email for our Aug Yacht club trip.

Someone posted it earlier. Here is a screenshot I took. Hope it's allowed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-224805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-224805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 117

I’m torn between Tues Sept 14 and Fri Sept 17. A weather crystal ball would be handy!

Pros for Tues:
$10 cheaper

Pros for Fri:
Last park day of trip so no worry about late night dragging us down in the park next day.

The price could be worth it if truly limited attendance like After Hours were at one point.

I've done other After Hours events and parties ...weekdays are always less crowded than weekends. One event was so uncrowded, many times i'd be in an area entirely alone, or 3 people on BTMRR, etc. I would expect the Friday to be much "busier" than the weekday event

I think I'm supposed to call DVC member services instead of the main line if I'm staying on points. Is that right?

I'm wondering if this is true, as well. Especially since we plan on going October 5th so no DVC discount for us. I was thinking of just calling the number someone posted above. What I don't want to do is call one number and sit on hold forever only to have them say I need to call the other :sad2:

I am excited about this party! Especially since the MK is sure to be more crowded the week we are there, 9/30 - 10/8…we had pretty much figured we'd focus on the 50th stuff…whatever that may be! Having this on 10/5 sounds like a great way to experience the MK that week with lower crowds :-)

I've got a trip planned for 10/1-10/5. Looking at extending my trip by one day to attend the DAH Boo Bash. I love Halloween and I've loved the After Hours events I've attended previously. Extending my trip by 1 night and adding 3 Boo Bash tickets (for myself and 2 daughters), I'm looking at a total add of $1127. OUCH. I have to ask myself if I like Halloween and After Hours events to the tune of over $1000.

Pros for Tues:
$10 cheaper

Pros for Fri:

I just noticed the difference in price between the two days too. We are there for those two dates as well. I was leaning towards the Tuesday for the Pros that you said, but then my husband informed me, that he has remote meetings on the Tuesday night that he has to attend back in the room, so Friday it is for us. Maybe Tuesday will be more busy because it's cheaper????

FYI - I wrote to guest services and got the following information:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Starting on Tuesday, June 8th, the tickets for Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets are only available for purchase over the phone for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Owned & Operated Resorts, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, or Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort. Shades of Green Guests must purchase their presale tickets directly through Shades of Green®.

Tickets for all other Guests will start on Tuesday, June 15th, and may be purchased directly online or by contacting us.

I just noticed the difference in price between the two days too. We are there for those two dates as well. I was leaning towards the Tuesday for the Pros that you said, but then my husband informed me, that he has remote meetings on the Tuesday night that he has to attend back in the room, so Friday it is for us. Maybe Tuesday will be more busy because it's cheaper????
Yeah That is possible.
I’m hoping that week is one of the slower times so either Tues or Fri won’t be too crazy.
*fingers crossed for us*

Yeah That is possible.
I’m hoping that week is one of the slower times so either Tues or Fri won’t be too crazy.
*fingers crossed for us*
Honestly, we go that week for most vacations, and it is a great week. Not usually too busy. We love it. I think both parties will be low crowds that week. I would be surprised if they were sold out.

FYI - I wrote to guest services and got the following information:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Starting on Tuesday, June 8th, the tickets for Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets are only available for purchase over the phone for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Owned & Operated Resorts, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, or Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort. Shades of Green Guests must purchase their presale tickets directly through Shades of Green®.

Tickets for all other Guests will start on Tuesday, June 15th, and may be purchased directly online or by contacting us.

And so the confusion begins! When I e-mailed SOG about Boo Bash they e-mailed me this:

Good Morning,

Unfortunately we will not be selling the special event tickets this year.

Kindest Regards
-Lisa
Sales Clerk Leisure and Travel

Shades of Green Armed Forces Recreation Center

1950 West Magnolia Palm Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-2789

I'm wondering if this is true, as well. Especially since we plan on going October 5th so no DVC discount for us. I was thinking of just calling the number someone posted above. What I don't want to do is call one number and sit on hold forever only to have them say I need to call the other :sad2:

I am excited about this party! Especially since the MK is sure to be more crowded the week we are there, 9/30 - 10/8…we had pretty much figured we'd focus on the 50th stuff…whatever that may be! Having this on 10/5 sounds like a great way to experience the MK that week with lower crowds :-)

My email stated to call the member services number. My reservation is through DVC with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter