"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we can guess soon. They just updated hours through 8/12. So any day now. I also need to wait about MK AH. So many unknowns lol.

I'm hoping we can guess soon. They just updated hours through 8/12. So any day now. I also need to wait about MK AH. So many unknowns lol.
SAME! If the first party really is 8/13 then perhaps they won’t be thursdays this summer.

SAME! If the first party really is 8/13 then perhaps they won’t be thursdays this summer.
I just need to know either way lol. This planning stuff is killing me. My week is 8/9-16th so it's the only way I will make one.

Do you think the party passes affected the attendance a lot? Are Tuesdays and Sundays still the better days to go?

It was certainly the popular narrative around here last year, although I don’t personally see how one could prove such a thing. The parties are always crowded no matter what Disney has up their sleeves. As the party season wore on there was an abundant rash of sell outs last year - much more than recent years - which to me suggests it is possible that Disney tinkered with the ticket sales on account of party pass attendance to keep things in check. It seems like the party pass was popular for many, but no way to prove that either.

I think I attended 4 parties last year, I wouldn’t say any of them were any different than prior years, in my opinion.

Many still like Sundays and Tuesdays. Disney is so good at spreading crowds around though, always so hard to figure out any pattern.

Joining in on the wait for MMNSSHP tickets! We’ll be at WDW October 27 - November 7. We’ll be celebrating my daughter’s 30th, and (hopefully) going to the party on the 31st. With any luck, we might get to some of the Christmas decorations before we leave on November 7th.

Do we think the 18th is an actual party date? KTP is saying that it is....

Right. Is there any possibility that they haven't decided when the parties will be? That seems unlikely.

I think (I'd bet money) they know the dates already. But I think last year's super early release was only because they were testing the waters with party passes, too many dates and price hikes. Now that they've tried some new things, there's no rush to get the dates out right after New Years lol.

Add me to list of people who are going nuts waiting. We've decided to go the weekend before our HotHS trip. So if 9/25 (last Friday in Sept) is a party, we'll fly in early. If our first chance at a party is Sunday, 9/27, we might as well drive down on Saturday. Do I book the hotel for Friday night or Saturday night? Should I grab a cheap flight or no? Don't even get me started on meal reservations or park tickets...... Sigh.

Following and eagerly awaiting the party dates announcement. We will be in WDW post our first cruise on the Dream. Our dates are 8/14-19. Hoping to be able to attend one of the first parties but not THE first party. I'm booked at BLT the 17th and 18th. Really hoping for a party on the 18th!

August 15th is a 6pm close. Thats a saturday night, wonder if it will be a party night. We leave the 16th.

If anybody is looking for historical information for comparison purposes:

The first party in 2019 was on Friday August 16
The first party in 2018 was on Friday August 17
The first party in 2017 was on Friday August 25
The first party in 2016 was on Friday September 2
The first party in 2015 was on Tuesday September 15

Apparently the first year that the party was held was 1995. I have to stop procrastinating so I'm not going to look up any more dates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter