"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following. We’ll be there Oct 9-13. Never been in October before and looking forward to doing our first MNSSHP. Wish they would go ahead and post the dates so I can start planning ADRs and which park we want to be on which day. 😊

Cruising on DCL Aug 15-22. Hoping I can convince DH to add a night at WDW to attend a party (just the party, no park days).

They have hours released through August 10th, could one assume an announcement is coming in the next few days if the Aug 13th first party rumor is true? Since we would be able to see that the park would close at 6?

They have hours released through August 10th, could one assume an announcement is coming in the next few days if the Aug 13th first party rumor is true? Since we would be able to see that the park would close at 6?

Although sometimes the park closes early for some other reason and everybody gets confused.

Possibly, but not always. There have been many years where park hours are released which gives us clues and lots of things to y’all about, but still MNSSHP isn’t announced until later.

Let say the rumour is true, would you go Aug 13th (before our cruise) or Aug 23rd (after our cruise and day before we will drive back home)???

I went to the first party last year. That was the only one I went to, so I can't compare the crowds to other Halloween Parties. I would recommend the later party mostly because by then there will be info available for you to make a good plan. To me the biggest problem with the first party, is not having confirmation of where characters meet & what time, which characters start before 7pm, what time the shows are etc.

I'm so sorry! Booked the HOTEL! Does one "book" tickets?? Sorry for the confusion!
Haha no worries been watching for the dates since I booked our hotel!!
yes the MNSSHP is a special ticket event.

Wasn't there a problem last year where a lot of the Halloween merch wasn't in stock at WDW until Sept/Oct? So all the August party attendees missed out? Might have been the year before last when I was planning our MHP dates at DLR when I was hearing about that at WDW. That alone would have me push for a farther back date.

I have two questions if someone could chime it it would be great.

1. We are going from October 11-16th what are the chances a party will land on one of these days?
2. I would really like to wait on buying tickets till at least May would tickets be sold out by May?

Let say the rumour is true, would you go Aug 13th (before our cruise) or Aug 23rd (after our cruise and day before we will drive back home)???
I would never go the day before driving home, but we like to watch the midnight show and wait for crowds to disperse before heading out So we never get back to our hotel room til almost 2am.

We’ve been to several opening parties so I wouldn’t hesitate to go to the Aug. 13th party, especially if the weather is cooperative.

I’m sure this has been noted somewhere . When the initial tickets go on sale is that when the party passes were announced?
I know everyone said how crowded and whether they sell them or not may influence my decision

I’m sure this has been noted somewhere . When the initial tickets go on sale is that when the party passes were announced?
I know everyone said how crowded and whether they sell them or not may influence my decision

Party passes were introduced at/around the date of the first party last year.

1. We are going from October 11-16th what are the chances a party will land on one of these days?
2. I would really like to wait on buying tickets till at least May would tickets be sold out by May?
1. There will probably be several parties during your dates. There's practically a party every other day, especially in October!
2. I don't believe the parties sell out THAT early. I'm sure there's a chart somewhere that lists the sellout date. But I think you will be fine to wait until May.

Based on past patterns for Columbus Day week, I suspect there will be parties Monday 10/12, Tuesday 10/13, Thursday 10/15, & Friday 10/16 . There is little to no chance any would sell out in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter