"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!! The more I learn, the more I agree with you. I have the CP and also a Chef Mickey's for 2:15pm...was thinking of trying to score the others...but they make no sense. I'm going to try to tweak my Chef Mickey's and try to make it more earlier. Thanks again for your reply and thoughts!! :)

You're welcome! We typically have an in park ADR @ CP around 2:15 to utilize the 3 FP+ and early time for characters that meet early. We only do 4pm ADR @ BoG, since already in park, but only if attending 2 parties. Happy planning! :santa:

We will be at the Nov 8 MVMCP and are excited to see the different characters but don't want to spend our whole time at the party in line for characters. Looks like the first party sold out the last couple years. Will the lines for the more popular characters (Jack Skellington, Dwarves, Scrooge McDuck and Nick and Judy) still be about 30-60 minutes or will they be longer?

We are planning to line up for Jack and Sally around 4:30, then heading to Dwarves (hopefully around 5:00), then Scrooge McDuck, and finally Nick and Judy with snacks along the way. Is there anyway to get all that done in 3 hours or so? Or should we save some to later in the night?

All 3 during party are doable. If you line up for Jack & Sally @ 4:30 you will not be done by 5pm. Jack & Sally start meeting @ 4:30, so wait probably 1.5 at that time or longer, PP start lining up at 3pm. At 5pm 7D line will start reaching an hour or more, they meet early, 6:15pm. Meeting start times should not change, wait time will depend on party crowds. You will have to decide b/t Jack & Sally and 7D for beginning of party if not getting into line until 4:30pm. Nick & Just should be around 45 minutes.

Hi, all.

I need help deciding whether my family should attend a MVMCP this year. We're there from 12/13 - 12/21, and keep going back and forth on the issue.

For context, we are not shy about paying for extra events. We love DAH (have AK booked for 12/14), and love MNSSHP. We've been to WDW during Christmas time a few years, but usually the tail end instead of leading up to the big day, so this is our first real chance to try a party. The truth is, though, we only spend about half a day in MK.

If I pay for the party, I would think it would be our only time in MK for this trip. On the first page of this thread, there are plenty of the rides we want to do and things we want to see listed as open during the party, but on Disney's website, the list of open attractions is far more limited, and would not be enough to keep us entertained for that long. I'm guessing that the list on this thread is based on experience from DISers, but I want to be a little reassured that we'll have plenty to do.

I'm also unclear as to what else happens during the party to make it significant. We won't watch the parade, but would love to see the fireworks. My DH is all in if he can even spot Sandy Claws from a distance, but we typically don't wait in lines to meet characters.

The long and the short of it is, will there be enough rides to keep us busy for the whole time, and which major rides will we miss if we only attend MVMCP and spend no other time in MK? Can anyone confirm which attraction list is more accurate?

TIA :disrocks:

Post #1 (attractions) is the most accurate, only difference would be if ride is listed for refurbishment which would be noted by ride in the post, but not currently seeing where that will be the case. Disney will eventually update the MVMCP page, however, not sure if they actually updated the official page last year, but years before they did update.

Post #1 lists characters and which are exclusive to MVMCP and which characters have different attire for the party. Sandy Claws moved inside last here, Jack & Sally are inside for MNSSHP this year too, so it should be the same for MVMCP. So would have to get in M&G line to meet Sandy Claws.

Magic Shots exclusive for party.

MVMCP Entertainment included in that post too.

For as party significance, see above notes and Post #1 from top to bottom to decide if significant for you. I love MVMCP, the parade and fireworks (new this year though), love the characters in holiday attire and the treats. Love the overall atmosphere.

Just a suggestion, but seeing what is going on with the MNSSHP and how the passes for unlimited parties has been affecting crowds, does anyone plan on waiting to see if the passes are offered again for MVMCP before buying tickets?

Just a suggestion, but seeing what is going on with the MNSSHP and how the passes for unlimited parties has been affecting crowds, does anyone plan on waiting to see if the passes are offered again for MVMCP before buying tickets?

I wish I had waited. I already bought MVMCP tickets awhile back. I hope there is enough guest backlash to keep them from offering the Pass for MVMCP.

I'm worried too! I'm going to the Nov 17th party (no ticket yet) which is supposed to be the least crowded party, according to TP. But they are totally off on the Halloween parties! It's early enough that not very many parties will have happened by the time I need to buy tickets.

Makes me just want to do the MK after hours on the 18th and not do the Xmas party at all, but DS still wants to go and I do want to see the parade...

Actually, I've rethought this. I should wait to buy tickets. If everything is normal the party will not sell out and it will be fine. If it sells out and I can't get tickets, I won't go (and just go to MK AH). Problem solved!

Last edited:
I'm worried too! I'm going to the Nov 24th party (no ticket yet) which is supposed to be the least crowded party, according to TP. But they are totally off on the Halloween parties! It's early enough that not very many parties will have happened by the time I need to buy tickets.

Makes me just want to do the MK after hours on the 25th and not do the Xmas party at all, but DS still wants to go and I do want to see the parade...

Actually, I've rethought this. I should wait to buy tickets. If everything is normal the party will not sell out and it will be fine. If it sells out and I can't get tickets, I won't go (and just to MK AH). Problem solved!

In the future, based on our experience last Friday with the MNSSHP, we will definitely be doing the after hours events going forward rather than the seasonal parties. I am also hoping that due to the backlash and crowding situation they will not offer the pass for MVMCP. They will DEFINITELY be hearing the backlash from me!

I’m torn. Part of me wants to wait but the only chance I will get to go on such a short holiday weekend trip is the first party, which will be more like vlogmas. I feel really ambivalent about going at all now especially from these reports about the Halloween parties.

I’m torn. Part of me wants to wait but the only chance I will get to go on such a short holiday weekend trip is the first party, which will be more like vlogmas. I feel really ambivalent about going at all now especially from these reports about the Halloween parties.

Our MNSSHP on the 24th didn't seem overcrowded at all. We always try to avoid the Friday parties for that very reason.

Sorry, I'm trying to find out on my own but having no luck: Can someone please clarify what these passes are and what the impact is on the Halloween party?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-with-an-all-new-spook-tacular-season-pass/
You can attend 35 of the 36 parties for $299, or approximately the cost of 3 visits. People assume this brings more people to the party as locals have the ability to pop into almost any party.

Based on the amount of people coming into the party at 10pm it stands to reason that alot of people with the passes are coming and going throughout the night. People coming in for 1 party come to enjoy the entire party, they don't come in for just 2 hours...

I'm worried too! I'm going to the Nov 24th party (no ticket yet) which is supposed to be the least crowded party, according to TP. But they are totally off on the Halloween parties! It's early enough that not very many parties will have happened by the time I need to buy tickets.

Makes me just want to do the MK after hours on the 25th and not do the Xmas party at all, but DS still wants to go and I do want to see the parade...

Actually, I've rethought this. I should wait to buy tickets. If everything is normal the party will not sell out and it will be fine. If it sells out and I can't get tickets, I won't go (and just go to MK AH). Problem solved!
I am actually a bit worried about November 24th. We have tickets for that night and it is the only Christmas party for people who have arrived for Thanksgiving week. I am concerned that it is going to be packed. It didn't stop me from getting tickets and I am sure we will have a good time, but I hope it isn't too crazy.

I am actually a bit worried about November 24th. We have tickets for that night and it is the only Christmas party for people who have arrived for Thanksgiving week. I am concerned that it is going to be packed. It didn't stop me from getting tickets and I am sure we will have a good time, but I hope it isn't too crazy.

Whoops, I was looking at the wrong week on my calendar! I meant the 17th. Will edit my post.

Do you guys think the first party will be extremely crowded or does the vloggers make it better to be there? We went last year on the first party after thanksgiving and it was solid out but we didn't feel like it was unbearable. Was able to do everything and meet jack and sally in under 30 minutes somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter