"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to be attending the party for the first time on Dec 10th, I've been to MNSSHP many times but never MVMCP.

I have no idea where to start for planning at the party to maximize my time.

Well, look at all the offerings and make a list of your must dos with the times.

Fireworks.
Parade.
Stage Shows.
Characters.
Attractions with overlays.
Attractions.
Specialty food.
Merch.

Make cuts.
Prioritize about 3-4 must dos.
And have fun!

Well, look at all the offerings and make a list of your must dos with the times.

Fireworks.
Parade.
Stage Shows.
Characters.
Attractions with overlays.
Attractions.
Specialty food.
Merch.

Make cuts.
Prioritize about 3-4 must dos.
And have fun!

I definitely am, I'm just so used to Halloween and don't even need to plan that anymore so when I had the opportunity to take a quick trip down next month just for the party I took it. I'm sure I will be fine but it's weird being a "noob" for something at Disney again, lol

I was trying to help him get a ticket!
Soo.....he did get to go to the party without my help but not sure if he's posted back on the thread at all about his experience.

Thank you so much for reaching out and lending a helping hand. We need more DISer's like you! :hug:

And Thank You for your service!

My awesome husband!
83-87 / 88-92

Last edited:
Was that just due to the rain? It’s been a few years since we met Scrooge and Donald, but they definitely had their own queue then and it was soooooo loooooooong.

I’m not sure. It was the same way at the Halloween party we went to though - it was Daisy and Donald and then Minnie all in one line!

This is our first adults only trip and our first time attending MVMCP. We are considering booking the Plaza Garden Dessert Party in order to have a guaranteed viewing spot for the fireworks. I have two questions:
1. The WDW website indicates one must check-in 90 minutes before the fireworks. That would be 830pm. If we check-in late (845-900pm) is that a problem?
2. Mickey's Most Merry Celebration is scheduled for 9:25pm and Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks at 10:00pm. If we are in the garden viewing area by 915pm, will we be able to see both the show and the fireworks?

Thanks as always for the advice!

This is our first adults only trip and our first time attending MVMCP. We are considering booking the Plaza Garden Dessert Party in order to have a guaranteed viewing spot for the fireworks. I have two questions:
1. The WDW website indicates one must check-in 90 minutes before the fireworks. That would be 830pm. If we check-in late (845-900pm) is that a problem?
2. Mickey's Most Merry Celebration is scheduled for 9:25pm and Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks at 10:00pm. If we are in the garden viewing area by 915pm, will we be able to see both the show and the fireworks?

Thanks as always for the advice!

You definitely don’t need to check in 90 mins early, unless you want to. For us, that’s way too much time. The good thing with this party is you can pretty much time your arrival to suite your preferences.

As far as stage show viewing from the garden, you’ll definitely be able to see a show is going on and the audio will be good, but the garden is still relatively far from the stage so I wouldn’t say it’s a “great” view. Passable, just not ideal.

If you don’t like your view from the garden, you can always leave / walk closer to the stage, then return to the garden after it’s over.

Hope that helps!

You definitely don’t need to check in 90 mins early, unless you want to. For us, that’s way too much time. The good thing with this party is you can pretty much time your arrival to suite your preferences.

As far as stage show viewing from the garden, you’ll definitely be able to see a show is going on and the audio will be good, but the garden is still relatively far from the stage so I wouldn’t say it’s a “great” view. Passable, just not ideal.

If you don’t like your view from the garden, you can always leave / walk closer to the stage, then return to the garden after it’s over.

Hope that helps!
That helps a ton! And leave the garden area and come back. How did this not occur to me? What a great idea! Thanks!

I definitely am, I'm just so used to Halloween and don't even need to plan that anymore so when I had the opportunity to take a quick trip down next month just for the party I took it. I'm sure I will be fine but it's weird being a "noob" for something at Disney again, lol

I miss being a noob with anything Disney. Which is why we're thinking of one of the international parks.

Super short review, just had the Deck the Halls (frozen eggnog topped with whipped cream, confetti sprinkles and a chocolate bulb) from Cosmic Rays. Loved it. If you love eggnog this is a good treat.Trying the gingerbread sundae later today when I go stream the flag retreat
Where can I catch that stream?!

I’m going to the 11/17 party and I would love to meet Abu. Does anyone know about how long the wait is after fireworks? I’m also thinking of maybe lining up before they start meeting.

I’m going to the 11/17 party and I would love to meet Abu. Does anyone know about how long the wait is after fireworks? I’m also thinking of maybe lining up before they start meeting.
Line up at 630 and you should be one of the first in line. Can’t remember who starts though - Aladdin and Abu or Jasmine and Genie?

ETA: Just checked my photos from last year, and Aladdin/Abu were first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter