"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has probably been discussed here, and probably a thousand times, but I am just now considering possibly getting the plaza garden party for our night and just still trying to wrap my head around things. If we watch the 9:15 parade in Frontierland, will we have time to cut through Adventureland, check in to plaza dessert party, eat a few desserts, and still get to garden for FW? And I’m pretty sure I DID read we could also take snacks/drinks out with us if we choose to? I’m just having trouble seeing where we would really have time for the deserts with this plan. Should we maybe plan to stake out a parade spot on Main Street instead? We go 10/8, so trying to finalize again. You all have been so helpful, and so sorry to beat a dead horse. Also, will be me, DH, and DS 4

Last edited:
This really is crazy with all these parties selling out! I'm in shock. It has to be because of the party pass.

Well, it’s not like there’s no history of Sept sellouts, but it does reverse a recent trend for sure:

2015: 4 sept dates
2016: 1 sept date
2017: 2 sept dates
2018: 1 sept date
2019: 3 sept dates

The majority of almost all of the above were late Sept dates.

So there's been 4 total sell outs this season so far? Including the opening date.... Or am I not remembering correctly?

How have the lines been for Pirates, BTMR, or Splash around 7:30? I need to make our official party plan and we have been changing our strategy so much its driving me crazy! I originally wanted to grab a snack and walk past HM to watch the parade near CBJ but the Liberty Square mosh pit has me terrified so I was thinking about heading across the hub towards Adventureland/Frontierland immediately after we ride Space and PeopleMover and try to get in whatever we can before we need to to find a parade spot. Would 8:45 for the 9:15 be sufficient near CBJ or would we need to secure our spot even earlier than that?

How are the crowds during the day of a party? I’ll be there on Friday, but won’t be attending the party. Is it busier or are crowds light during party nights?

How are the crowds during the day of a party? I’ll be there on Friday, but won’t be attending the party. Is it busier or are crowds light during party nights?
Haven’t experienced it firsthand but supposedly they are lighter as people without hoppers don’t want to “waste” a ticket on a park that is closing early.

This is my first MNSSHP so I’d love feedback on our plan. We are attending a Tuesday night party so I’m hoping it’s not too crowded. We are 4 adult women who aren’t worried about meeting any characters. I’d love to know if our plan is reasonable.

Arrive at BC resort around 2. Drop off luggage with bell hop of room not available.
Uber to Poly for a quick bite to eat at Captain Hooks.
Line up at the gate around 3:45.
FP for jungle cruise
FP for BTMR
Splash mountain if line isn’t long
Small world
Little mermaid
7pm
Pirates
HM
Photo ops
Space mountain
Monsters laugh
Tea cups
Seven dwarfs mine train if line want too long
Photo ops along the way (I have no idea where they all are. Should I plan those out more?)
Fireworks 10:15 I don’t know when we should get in place for these
Make our way to Frontierland for a parade spot.
Midnight Hocus Pocus show

Thoughts? We might do TOT if we have dead time between those last events.
My only concern with this plan is that you have a lot between 7 PM and fireworks time, depending on when you grab your spot. HM will take a while if you want to enjoy the ghosts on the lawn and do the photo ops (45-60 mins total?). The next three rides all have party exclusive overlays, so I’d budget 30 minutes for each. That puts you finding a firework spot around 9/930 IF you skip SDMT. So something may have to give there. But otherwise, plan looks great and I hope you have an amazing time!!!

I don’t think the first party sold out this year??

I didn’t think it did either and @monique5 (who is very good at tracking this) doesn’t have it noted on page 1. But between these and tracking the After Hours event sell outs I sometimes mix things up in my memory!

I think people are forgetting that the last day of FD is Sept 29th and that will absolutely have an impact on crowds. If you check in on the 29th then your entire stay gets FD. So the last few parties of September it should have been expected those would sell out because a LOT of people planned their vacations around that FD offer.

We've always had APs in the past, so I've never worried about our FP times. This year however, we will only be entering with party tickets at 2p, per the DVC time. So FPs...can i make the first one before 2p? It's our only park day on a resort only trip, wanting to make the most of it by getting 4th FPand beyond. So wanting to get thru the first 3 quickly :) I know there was an issue with Disney cancelling FPs before.

We've always had APs in the past, so I've never worried about our FP times. This year however, we will only be entering with party tickets at 2p, per the DVC time. So FPs...can i make the first one before 2p? It's our only park day on a resort only trip, wanting to make the most of it by getting 4th FPand beyond. So wanting to get thru the first 3 quickly :) I know there was an issue with Disney cancelling FPs before.

The party ticket will let you make FPs for any time (the system isn’t smart enough to know you can only physically enter the park at a certain time). So given what you describe I’d probably book your first FP for something like 1:30-2:30 (or earlier if you’re feeling bold) so you can hit it at the end of the window, then on to the next one.

Wow I had been procrastinating on getting our tickets for 9/29 and finally bit the bullet and got just in time it seems. I was banking on lighter crowds so we could ride seven dwarfs as I wasn't able to get a FP during our stay. Other then that I hope to get haunted Mansion, pirates, and the stage shows/firework in. We might just skip the parade altogether, I wonder if wait times might be a bit lighter during the parade?

I think people are forgetting that the last day of FD is Sept 29th and that will absolutely have an impact on crowds. If you check in on the 29th then your entire stay gets FD. So the last few parties of September it should have been expected those would sell out because a LOT of people planned their vacations around that FD offer.

I actually thought about FD crowds last week being a factor (we weren’t on FD), however, outside of Epcot on the weekend, the parks were a breeeeeze. We never waited more than 20 min in standby Sep 18-24 (FOP, 7DMT, SDD, which were much longer, of course). We were on/off SR in under 19 single rider (40 min standby), and the same for TSM, which we rode 4x at the height of the day.

So there had to be more to it than FD crowds, which leads me to believe it’s locals and the Party Pass. Last Sunday was worse than any park/time/day during the week, including the sold-out party last October 4. And September is supposed to be the month to go.

We also met several locals who said they come *every* weekend. So it’s a full weekend of F&W, and now with this Party Pass, MNSSHP, as well.

Then there’s illuminations/Epcot forever. Just about every person around us was a local, except for one group that flew in for illuminations from Japan for just one night. And they also happened to be there the weekend before. I was like, wow, I need to be more spontaneous and adventurous 😳😅

I am looking forward to reading the October reports.

We also met several locals who said they come *every* weekend. So it’s a full weekend of F&W, and now with this Party Pass, MNSSHP, as well.
I think you hit the nail in the head with locals coming on the weekends for F&W and parties using the pass. But, MNSSHP Passholders do not have to purchase tix in advance. So, the sellouts are entirely based on individual ticket purchases, not Passes which get into the party even when sold out.

We'll be in Orlando Oct 7-11 and looking to go to a party either Tues or Thurs. Weather shows a 30%-50% chance of rain Tues and 30%-40% chance Thurs, depending on which forecast I look at. I realize it's still far out, but I am anxious to purchase tickets so I can arrange some fast passes and to make sure we get them in case of a sell out. Which date would you pick? And, should I pick Today or wait until Tuesday (which is the next chance I'll have to buy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter