"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. When I was in line, individuals from groups were taking kids to bathroom and returning, grabbing drinks/food and returning, shopping at the emporium and returning. The longer the line is the trickier (ie not stepping on people, weaving around the ropes) it is to get back to your group, but its all fine.

People don’t get grouchy about it? I thought I saw another thread on these boards where everyone acted like that was totally unethical to take turns walking around with the kids and waiting. We obviously don’t want to start the night feeling like we made a huge crowd of other families angry.

@sherlockmiles,
Quick question.... we didn't do the dessert party at our last party because Dorian messed up our schedule.. Would you say you could clearly see Jack from the Plaza Garden? I see one of your pics with him in, but it's zoomed. I'm just wondering what the view is for him specifically, and if you think a little child would be able to see him from there also.

People don’t get grouchy about it? I thought I saw another thread on these boards where everyone acted like that was totally unethical to take turns walking around with the kids and waiting. We obviously don’t want to start the night feeling like we made a huge crowd of other families angry.
I'm not going to open that can of worms. My 2 cents is that if the people in the immediate area around you are fully aware of the actual number of people in your party, and then some leave and come back (esp with young kids), you're fine. If you're not comfortable doing it, then dont.

@sherlockmiles,
Quick question.... we didn't do the dessert party at our last party because Dorian messed up our schedule.. Would you say you could clearly see Jack from the Plaza Garden? I see one of your pics with him in, but it's zoomed. I'm just wondering what the view is for him specifically, and if you think a little child would be able to see him from there also.
I think a kid on shoulders would be able to see him. Other wise no. He's a really small, short part of the show honestly, and not really integral IMO. I'm only 5'1" and I had to maneuver around to see him.

I think a kid on shoulders would be able to see him. Other wise no. He's a really small, short part of the show honestly, and not really integral IMO. I'm only 5'1" and I had to maneuver around to see him.
Thanks.
We wound up doing MNSSHP a different night and had canceled the dessert party and we had a very clear view of Jack from near the Partner's statue. BUT... I agree he is difficult to see from some areas. (I'm your size!) I was just curious if the garden view was ok if I mention it to family who is going down in two weeks.

I agree with this - I'm 6' and had to maneuver around to see him in the Plaza Garden. Maybe a kid held on your side would get a similar vantage point, but it's not ideal. Also agree on his part in the show - while I think the puppet is cool looking and an interesting attempt at a host, it's not totally integral to the show IMO.

I agree with this - I'm 6' and had to maneuver around to see him in the Plaza Garden. Maybe a kid held on your side would get a similar vantage point, but it's not ideal. Also agree on his part in the show - while I think the puppet is cool looking and an interesting attempt at a host, it's not totally integral to the show IMO.

Sometimes I struggle to understand Disney decisions. This is one of them. If a person who is six feet tall cannot easily see something, then what about everyone who is shorter than that? Wouldn't a large percentage of people be shorter than that? This is a Disney Fail in my personal opinion.

@sherlockmiles,
We attended the Halloween Party last Friday and had Garden Party viewing and neither my 6 year old nor my 4 year old boys could see Jack - they were just too short. But having the room in the Garden away from the crowds was fantastic! Watching the fireworks and the images on the castle was also great too.

Sometimes I struggle to understand Disney decisions. This is one of them. If a person who is six feet tall cannot easily see something, then what about everyone who is shorter than that? Wouldn't a large percentage of people be shorter than that? This is a Disney Fail in my personal opinion.

Admittedly the Plaza Garden is a ways back from the Castle Stage with lots of things (planters, light poles, pathways, people) in between, so the Plaza Garden by default is not necessarily the best spot for seeing anything on the stage well.

But I'm sort of torn on this - I LIKE the puppet - it's something real, it's artistically and visually interesting. But making the host part of the projections on the castle would have been more visible to a larger group of Hub folks and may have made for a better show - not sure.

Admittedly the Plaza Garden is a ways back from the Castle Stage with lots of things (planters, light poles, pathways, people) in between, so the Plaza Garden by default is not necessarily the best spot for seeing anything on the stage well.
I was just going to mention all the items in the way of a clear view, like the light poles and plants.
I agree that I don't know what Disney was thinking. Look at the other big nighttime shows:
Illuminations has the entire Lagoon viewing and it's HUGE.
Fantasmic has a designated theater with seating. No pushing and shoving to see.
Rivers of Light has a designated theater with seating.
Star Wars fireworks and MK are the exceptions. They clearly have horrible viewing locations unless you're dead center and up front. I understand the need to use the available space and the progression of the projection technology...but it does make it very hard for everyone to get a semi-equal view. Adding Jack to the front, while I agree he's really cool, just makes it much harder to view and appreciate the whole show.
But I'm sort of torn on this - I LIKE the puppet - it's something real, it's artistically and visually interesting. But making the host part of the projections on the castle would have been more visible to a larger group of Hub folks and may have made for a better show - not sure.

I liked Jack way more that I thought I would. If we had not been side tracked by Dorian and kept our original date and dessert party, I would have completely missed him. I'm glad we didn't get the dessert party for the night we were there and that we got to see him from where we did because he is fascinating.

Fantasmic uses live actors and there's no issue seeing them because of the theater seating. They missed the mark in finding another way to showcase Jack. Too bad they couldn't incorporate him into a different stage show, like the HP show, where there are multiple opportunities to get a chance to see him.

Does anyone have a list of what rides give candy when you are exiting? I swear I saw a list at some point, but I've searched and searched and can't find it.

Does anyone have a list of what rides give candy when you are exiting? I swear I saw a list at some point, but I've searched and searched and can't find it.

I think only POTC. (I dont count laugh floor or Philharmagic as rides) There are trick or treat locations near ride exits - like BTMR.

This is my first MNSSHP so I’d love feedback on our plan. We are attending a Tuesday night party so I’m hoping it’s not too crowded. We are 4 adult women who aren’t worried about meeting any characters. I’d love to know if our plan is reasonable.

Arrive at BC resort around 2. Drop off luggage with bell hop of room not available.
Uber to Poly for a quick bite to eat at Captain Hooks.
Line up at the gate around 3:45.
FP for jungle cruise
FP for BTMR
Splash mountain if line isn’t long
Small world
Little mermaid
7pm
Pirates
HM
Photo ops
Space mountain
Monsters laugh
Tea cups
Seven dwarfs mine train if line want too long
Photo ops along the way (I have no idea where they all are. Should I plan those out more?)
Fireworks 10:15 I don’t know when we should get in place for these
Make our way to Frontierland for a parade spot.
Midnight Hocus Pocus show

Thoughts? We might do TOT if we have dead time between those last events.

I wasn’t just thinking of what people can’t see when they are viewing from near the castle. How about all of the people at the party who can’t fit into that area for the fireworks? It seems like the number of people who actually can see the puppet would be a very small percentage of the total number of people at the party. Why include an element that most people won’t be able to see?

So no more Incredibles, Mike and Sulley or those magic shots? :sad::sad::sad:

Yes both as described in the links provided. The summer special offerings of character meet & greets and PhotoPass opportunities will end on Sept 30th at MK & HS. I'm right there with you buddy :sad1:

Yes both as described in the links provided. The summer special offerings of character meet & greets and PhotoPass opportunities will end on Sept 30th at MK & HS. I'm right there with you buddy :sad1:
Why would they take away Mike and Sulley and the Incredibles meet and greets? They are popular characters. My youngest never got to see Mike and Sully and he loves them. He saw the Incredibles at 10 months old but has no recollection. Will they be at another park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter