"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the other thing to keep in mind and check on is the weather. Do you remember how many parties saw so much rain last year in August & September? Not trying to be a downer here, this is my first time attending so early in the season. Typically we attend Oct 31, and have done so for years. We've never had to deal with rain, hurricanes, crazy heat and humidity. I feel like I'm talking myself out of going but no can do! Airline, hotel and tickets have been purchased.

We went to the Sept 11 and 16 parties last year and had no rain during either party that I remember.

Man, that was crowded. But after the fireworks, I managed to just walk on Small World, Buzz Lightyear and the People Mover.

Loved that there were some surprise treat locations (in the Peter Pans Flight line and coming out of Buzz Lightyear) and I wasn't expecting the chocolate coins after Pirates.

I didn't manage to eat anything because the lines at the places and stands that had party exclusive items were astronomical. I tried Pecos Bill's at three different times but I wouldn't have been able to get a seat. They cleared up after the fireworks, but I didn't want to waste of my remaining time at that point. Don't know if it was my poor connection, but mobile ordering wasn't working the first few hours of the party.

Caught the first parade and I'm so glad I did because the second one was still going on when I left at 10 to midnight and I managed to snag a monorail before the wave.

Last edited:
This may have been asked elsewhere but can’t find it. I know some characters have really long waits. What is the wait typically like for Mickey during mnsshp? Looking earlier in the evening of just after fireworks. Thanks

I posted drips and drabs last night but here is the order it all went down. Lol.

We arrived about 3pm. and used our AP for admission.
Went to emporium for pins.
Used our first fp on Pirates.
Ate at Pecos Bill.
Used Second fp on Haunted Mansion.
Went to front for wristband, sorcerers card and to go down the bypass for candy and Photopass. It was about 5pm. at that point.
Used 3rd fp at Seven Dwarfs. Headed to Tomorrowland for People Mover.
Aunts Gravity’s for sundae/milkshake.
Back to Adventureland for dolewhip floats.
Hit a few candy lines so we had treats to eat through the night.

Then it was magicshot time. We headed down main street for shots. It was around 8pm at that point. It was a good time to go! Hardly any lines. We also went outside the park to do Headless Horseman cause we missed that shot last year.

Found a parade spot just after 8:30pm. at the top of Mainstreet and this is where we stayed til the end of the fireworks.

After fireworks I headed to Frontierland for the second parade while my family went trick or treating. They got obscene amounts of candy.

After parade I headed to the stage show and got a good spot for the midnight show. We headed out at 1am.

We didn’t meet characters, go on any rides during the party, or see any dance parties, just because they weren’t priority.

We had a blast! I don’t think it was more crowded then any party I’ve been to. But I’m sure my perceptions are greatly influenced by the weather. Not a drop of sweat rolled down my back. And that’s saying something. Lol.

Does the new show have perimeter fireworks? I’ve read through the last ten-ish pages and if someone already confirmed/denied, sorry I must’ve missed it!
Well not a full 360 it seemed. They definitely had some of a perimeter.

I just saw this too on other sites, so it sounds like either conflicting reports or maybe just not the full perimeter like they were before. That's at least a little encouraging lol. Either way I'm going to be watching in less than a week so why should I care lol. Thanks for dropping the knowledge as usual!

I just saw this too on other sites, so it sounds like either conflicting reports or maybe just not the full perimeter like they were before. That's at least a little encouraging lol. Either way I'm going to be watching in less than a week so why should I care lol. Thanks for dropping the knowledge as usual!
My son argued that there were perimeter fireworks like Hallowishes, but my husband and myself thought no. And we were there together. Still cannot agree. Lol.

Will do an in depth report later but to respond to two people:

Columbia Harbour House closed early. I think 8:00.

In general it is much hotter this year than last year, but I think it was a little cooler at the party this year.

Candy did not melt. If you are worried about melting: bring a small zip loc bag, quart size or sandwich size. Go to the Carousel of Progress trick or treat line early. They give out cold applesauce. Put it in the little zip loc bag and maybe it will act like a cool pack for the rest of your candy. I did not want it mixed in with my candy because I thought the condensation would get my candy wrappers wet.

Are the Hocus Pocus minnie ears Passholder exclusives?
I had a hard time telling from the various vlogs what is Passholder merch and what isn't.

My son argued that there were perimeter fireworks like Hallowishes, but my husband and myself thought no. And we were there together. Still cannot agree. Lol.

I appreciate you saying that. From the videos I saw of people moving their cameras back and forth real fast it looked like they had wider spread fireworks in comparison to HEA but not true perimeter like Hallowishes, so the argument would make sense.

quick review of what I did:
I was covering the media event, so this is what I was able to experience,
We arrived by bus from the F&W media event, backstage of Main Street right where they lead everyone coming into the party at 7pm. It was insane. I always arrive at the party at 4pm so this walk is usually enjoyable but 7pm was insane, soooo crowded. Seriously arrive earlier if you can
We had a merchandise presentation on the west lawn of the Hub so I got live stream of all the new merchandise and headed straight for Pecos Bill where the back room was reserved for the media presentation of food items.
There's no getting around it, it was crowded.
Saw all the food and was told that the Oggie Boogie bucket and Jack sipper are coming in September.
The hitchiking ghost popcorn,donuthole,sipper trio is to cute and a genius idea
From there I stopped briefly at the Descedance party at Cosmic Rays, and again, it was packed with people eating dinner, the party element itself was ok I'm sure fans of the DCOM will enjoy it.
Headed to TeaCups for the new enhancements. Because we were media we were allowed in through the fp line but the standby line was longish, like 20 min. I loved the teacup light and sound enhancement
Then I just walked around Main Street a bit and was surprised that by 8:30pm the front of MS by the Flag Pole was not packed for the first parade, everyone was gathered at the HUB
Grabbed the SOTMK card and went over to Cruella's Hideaway thing. Again because we were media we didn't pay for this but this is my opinion, coming from someone that doesn't like booking any extras during party time. I thought it was just meh. The atmosphere was meh, Cruella was great, the food was meh. The spinach dip was a joke, I tried to grab my crostini and "dip" it, it was hard on the top I had to stab it. I'm sure people will find value in this, but I didn't. Especially with so many things to do, I guess if I was going multiple night and had the inome for it I would do it.
From there I started walking over to the west lawn again hhere we had reserved viewing of the fireworks, walked by the parade just as the Mrs Incredible vehicle broke down. The whole parade was at a stand still for about 10 min.
On to the fireworks: I wasn't a huge fan of the old one, I liked it fine. This one will get some growing into. I was thrown off by the use of Disney music, like step in time and a spooky rendition of once upon a dream. But once the villains portion kicked in I was hooked. It is sad the the Jack element on the stage will only be enjoyed by people very close to the castle. The projection element is a fun and colorful add and it didn;t detract from my enjoyment of the fireworks. All in all I give the new show a solid B.
Then we were taken to a special roped off area for the second parade, and I believe it stepped out late cause it got to us on the Hub area at 11:40pm. LOVED the bride element from HM, the Incredibles and Buzz additions were alright, not very halloweeine but I do like the added characters. All in all Boo to You continues to be my favorite parade.
I am going again on Friday as a regular guest and will do hocus pocus show (I did see it from the side of the Hub while waiting for the parade, same show) and the Pirates enhancement which I didn't do last year
Now on my way out I decided to try the Cruella DeVil hideaway one more time and if you have an allergy bag DO NOT wait until the end of the night, the line snaked out of the building. I grabbed my DD allergy free treats at 9pm and there was no one in line.

I find it interesting that the complaints about the dessert parties were the same ones that we had two years ago at the Christmas dessert parties. For the life of me I can't understand why Disney can't get these right. It's what has kept me from scheduling any dessert parties for the past two years and with tonight's reviews, looks like I won't do any anytime soon.
I thought I read the Terrace guests were signing in at the same time Plaza guests were and the CM's didn't handle it well.
I've done the regular HEA party where there were two sign in podiums, one on the left for Terrace and one on the right for Plaza Garden. Then in May there was one podium on the Terrace side where both parties checked in and the Plaza Garden people were sent up the ramp to the right to confirm with another CM before being led into the Plaza party side. There were no glitches, but it definitely makes the line long. I don't know why they wouldn't stick with two sign in podiums.
Hopefully it's "first party glitches" that they will work out before we get there!

Nope, not HM dancers, just generic dancers. Cool music though—minor keys or sightly spooky arrangements of the major Disney ballads.

I asked the CM at All Star Movies today and she said they would be, but not yet.
I didn't watch that part of the stream, but I did hear the music from the other room and I was definitely confused by it. Didn't sound Halloween to me. :sad2:

What time does the park start the special overlays on certain rides? We are planning on staying for the whole party in late October. Is it best to do TOT early in the evening or after the fireworks show?

I don’t know what people mean by “perimeter fireworks” but all fireworks were between Splash Mtn and the castle. I was on path across from pecos bill (near splash) facing the castle so castle was at 12:00 position. Most fireworks were at 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00 positions with a few at 9:00 position.

What time does the park start the special overlays on certain rides? We are planning on staying for the whole party in late October. Is it best to do TOT early in the evening or after the fireworks show?

Tower of Terror is at Hollywood Studios. Did you mean something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter