• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen them anywhere. I don’t think they started appearing until after the first party last year. Even then, they were hard to come by.

I was at Poly last week of August last summer and they put them out our last day there it was either 8/31 or 9/1...

I was at Poly last week of August last summer and they put them out our last day there it was either 8/31 or 9/1...
Yes. We did a Poly/Pop split stay last year for over two weeks. We checked out on the 31st. There were reports of them in the foodcourts of the resorts starting around mid August. I saw people who had them, but my timing was always off. I just couldn’t snag one. They kept selling out quickly.

Thank you to everyone who is posting insights from the 1st party!

Is Moana still at the Tiki Room?
My girls are 2 and 6, all they want is to meet her, candy, candy, candy, ride a few rides, and see the fireworks & parade. We have tickets to Cruella's party but if anyone has any tips for us I would welcome them!

Anyone see any pics of videos of the fireworks from further back spots, such as the TTC or Poly. Just trying to study the perimeter shots.

Hallowishes used 8 "extra" launch points surrounding the MK to create what most will call the "180 degree" fireworks (in addition to the 'regular' launch points on/around the castle and the main launch point 'behind' the MK).

I can see at least 4 'extra' launch points in the videos I've seen from last night, but they're all too close to the castle/zoomed in to see the full skyline. Seemed like they were being used at various parts throughout the show, not just the ending like Hallowishes.

Tried not to watch any but couldn't help it. :-)

RIP Hallowishes. Not impressed with what I saw last night.

A huge thank you to all who attended the party and shared their insights. As many have said the party looked very crowded, but I don't think the media event was to blame. I think Disney is to blame. Frankly they sell way too many tickets to these events now. I remember the parties of old where every ride was a walk on and you didn't need to have a military like game plan to get anything done.

We are going on Tuesday and Friday of next week. I knew two parties were need to get the stress off plan in case of weather or timing. The season passes are going to add even more folks and the lines are going to continue to grow.

Just cancelled Cruella for Tuesday. Food looked meh and with a few minutes of planning we can score a spot for the second parade ourselves. Trying to decide on our Plaza view party for Friday. I might actually change it to Terrace view since no real Zero (Disneyland has a real Zero, btw). Anyone go to the Terrace party last night?

Thankfully we have the weekend to review and come up with our game plan. This thread has been incredibly valuable.

I did the same, and was pleasantly surprised by how short the apps were reporting, although I read a post on here that said most lines were 30-60 minutes long! I figured the first party would be very crowded, then reasoned maybe most of the crowd were vloggers and bloggers not interest in the rides. Hope people weigh in on this post-
We found ride times to be in the 30 minute range at 8-8:30, but they dropped considerably after the fireworks and second parade. We walked onto Pirates after the second parade.

Sorry if it was already reported here and I missed it, but read on another page that the FW dessert party was serving mini versions of the specialty treats again this year. Saw the Jack & Sally pops, wedding cake, worms and dirt, and Amuk cupcake.
Where did you find this information? Do you happen to have a link? I've been trying to find more details and pictures of what is being served this year, but I can't seem to locate any. I'm considering booking this, if we do a second party or don't do Cruella's.

Meet Elvis Stitch
View attachment 426488
Additional Info:

So if you got in line at 6:40, and it took 40 minutes, you were done at 7:30.
6:40-7:30

Last year when we met him, he signed autographs and photopass was available.
Thanks again for posting!

Source: resortv1

Umm. No. 640 to 730 is 50 minutes. We got in line at 640 and when I looked at the time after we fully exited the building is was 722.

Yes, photopass and signing.

Thank you to everyone who is posting insights from the 1st party!

Is Moana still at the Tiki Room?
My girls are 2 and 6, all they want is to meet her, candy, candy, candy, ride a few rides, and see the fireworks & parade. We have tickets to Cruella's party but if anyone has any tips for us I would welcome them!

Yes. We saw her in the tiki room

Concerned about the crowds and food selections at Cruella's. We are going on Tuesday. So glad we didn't go to the first so we can learn some tips.
Please come back & share your thoughts
Not scary at all! In fact, my husband remarked that was one of the things he feels like the show lost. Less focus on villains and more focus on the adventures of Mickey and pals. There are some ghosts, skeletons, etc , but it’s all very cartoony.
even when i’ve Had kiddos along for the ride, never would have categorized the event as scary in the past.
Typically we attend Oct 31, and have done so for years. We've never had to deal with rain, hurricanes, crazy heat and humidity
We tend to visit over the last weekend in September until middle of Oct. Have had torrential rain & even dealt with remnants of storms (locked down at Universal onsite hotel). It’s hit or miss, prepare for the worst & and hope for the best
But MY GOD how can Disney put on a Halloween show without playing Grim Grinning Ghosts??? They butchered This Is Halloween. Barely any Halloween music at all. Biggest letdown in decades. Instead of letting the vocals tell the story we now stand quietly for story time with Mickey. HUGE disappointment.
Oh no, seriously? First i caught GGG song is MIA. To forsake the classic disney halloween tunes is ridiculous IMO
I find it interesting that the complaints about the dessert parties were the same ones that we had two years ago at the Christmas dessert parties. For the life of me I can't understand why Disney can't get these right. It's what has kept me from scheduling any dessert parties for the past two years and with tonight's reviews, looks like I won't do any anytime soon.
Went to two different MNSSHP dessert parties last year, was able to check in easily and early.

I thought it was just meh. The atmosphere was meh, Cruella was great, the food was meh. The spinach dip was a joke, I tried to grab my crostini and "dip" it, it was hard on the top I had to stab it. I'm sure people will find value in this, but I didn't. Especially with so many things to do, I guess if I was going multiple night and had the inome for it I would do it.
Hmmm, think i’ll Watch the reviews carefully before I decide whether to keep our res or not. From stream I watched all I could determine on hot buffet was a meatball (mushroom stuffed?, rather anemic looking flatbread/pizza) and something that looked like fritters. Cheese/small antipasta & small dessert selection.

Hoping someone posts a list of all the items available, including the adult beverage options :)

Please come back & share your thoughts

even when i’ve Had kiddos along for the ride, never would have categorized the event as scary in the past.

We tend to visit over the last weekend in September until middle of Oct. Have had torrential rain & even dealt with remnants of storms (locked down at Universal onsite hotel). It’s hit or miss, prepare for the worst & and hope for the best

Oh no, seriously? First i caught GGG song is MIA. To forsake the classic disney halloween tunes is ridiculous IMO

Went to two different MNSSHP dessert parties last year, was able to check in easily and early.

Hmmm, think i’ll Watch the reviews carefully before I decide whether to keep our res or not. From stream I watched all I could determine on hot buffet was a meatball (mushroom stuffed?, rather anemic looking flatbread/pizza) and something that looked like fritters. Cheese/small antipasta & small dessert selection.

Hoping someone posts a list of all the items available, including the adult beverage options :)
It was mozzarella sticks, like the ones you buy at Costco and pop in the oven

We had to decide on Cruella’s soon because our period to cancel was closing in. The live streams were particularly helpful because it gave you a true feeling for the event, not an artificially sweetened take from an edited vlog. Wish someone would have live streamed the dessert parties.

Would you purchase the plaza viewing for the fireworks, if you won't be staying for the second parade?

I definitely want to see the Headless Horseman and the parade - but with young ones in tow I will be having to see the first parade and possibly right after fireworks. Not to sure how many rides I will have to done since I will be MK all day. Hopefully will skirt rides and do the trick or treating and maybe a few characters and photopass enhancements. If the lines are decent for the rides will do them. But I would to do the Plaza viewing so that I don't have to camp out forever for the fireworks and the castle show.

Unfortunately we’re only here until Tuesday morning or switching to Tuesday would have been my preference. But we arrived without any further delay and explained our situation to the DME CM who graciously put us on the next bus to the Magic Kingdom area resorts instead of the one we’re staying at (All Star Movies), so we’ll be there soon!

Epcot Bill, eh? I don’t recall reading stories about him when I was a kid. ;)

You know you have a Disney addiction when your auto fill changes Pecos to Epcot.

Thanks for the reports everyone. I'm going to the last party and can't wait now! October can't come any sooner!

Where did you find this information? Do you happen to have a link? I've been trying to find more details and pictures of what is being served this year, but I can't seem to locate any. I'm considering booking this, if we do a second party or don't do Cruella's.

I just saw photos in a Facebook group, the Magical Guide to Magic Kingdom. The photos showed the Jack and Sally push pops, Amuck Amuck cupcake, slices of the wedding cake (not full cake with the axe), the worms n dirt, a brownie pumpkin cheesecake, cheeseburger egg rolls, dark chocolate covered strawberries, cheese/fruit/crackers, spinach dip, and a s'mores action station. They also had green sparkling apple cider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter