• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we talked about what everyone is doing for breakfast/lunch before the party. We Ohana’s at 11am, but now I’m thinking of switching to lunch somewhere in Disney Springs.
We’re crazy rope drop-close people, so we’re at Animal Kingdom the morning of our party, having breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, then have early dinner (3:45pm) at Ohana. I plan on a quick change in the restroom from our park clothes to our party clothes before we monorail over to MK.

Have we talked about what everyone is doing for breakfast/lunch before the party. We Ohana’s at 11am, but now I’m thinking of switching to lunch somewhere in Disney Springs.
We are staying at the Swan . We’re currently booked for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, and have no other plans other than having a pool day. I’m wondering now though if it might be a better plan to go to Disney Springs for awhile at least. It seems like a good day for it .

Every time I go to Disney Springs I swear it will be the last time. I get motion sick very easily, and that bus ride just does me in.

we have Ohana that day at 11:15. After that we will head over to MK as our fast passes start at 1:30......

So excited for our first party, been to Christmas, but first Halloween on Sept 24th. Me, DH and DD5. Costumes are ready and I just booked the Garden View dessert party. I am looking for some advice. We plan on arriving right around 4pm, doing some rides and such. Only M&G that would be on little one's list is Jack& Sally, but honestly if the wait is too crazy long, we could probably even skip that. Ideally, I'm thinking of seeing the fireworks with the dessert party then looking for a place to watch the second parade. Where would you suggest to watch the second parade? With doing the dessert party, I do not think we would have time to see the first parade, would we? If so where? Honestly, we probably will not be eating crazy amounts of desserts, just wanted to reserved watching spot so I am not worried about being at the food spot and killing lots of time.

Late to the party, again! Just wanted to say this will be our first time using Uber/Lyft as well as doing a split stay Universal/WDW. :thumbsup2
I was pricing Uber last night around what would be "party time" for a ride from the CR to our offsite hotel and the price was up about $6 for that time of night compared to other times of day. Fares go up during peak times. Just putting this out there for anyone considering using a ride share for the party to budget accordingly. I'll check Lyft later tonight and probably check a few times when the first parties start.
For reference, a ride this time of day from CR to the Sheraton Vistana (where we stay a lot) is $14 plus change. Last night it was $20 plus change.

I have a question about the dessert parties! Where is the viewing of the fireworks for the more expensive dessert party offered (Happy HallowWishes Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace for $84 as opposed to the Happy HallowWishes Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing for $69)? Or is it actually IN Tomorrowland Terrace (which would make sense, now that I read that back). Once, at New Year's, my family attended a Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace and then had the viewing in one of the grassed, fenced off areas in the middle of the Hub. This is what I want to try to replicate for Hallowe'en! I don't need an actual seat for the viewing, just a good view that I don't have to wait and save. We have the Cruella party booked right now, but I'm realizing that for my family, and with 2 parades offered, there is a much better chance that we will find a good view for the parade than for the fireworks which I ideally want to see from the Hub/Main Street/in front of the castle without wasting too much party time. Thanks!

We're going Sept 20th. So the adults and teenagers trick or treat too? Our oldest is 16 but he's 6'4 and looks older. We told him we'd do it with him so he wouldn't feel like he was to old.

Yes! My husband and I went without our kids last year and did some trick or treating too. It was so much fun!

We are planning to sleep in and maybe swim for a little bit before lunch. We have a late lunch scheduled for Whispering Canyon Cafe at 1:45, which should give us plenty of time to eat and take our time getting over to MK for the party at 4.

I have a question about the dessert parties! Where is the viewing of the fireworks for the more expensive dessert party offered (Happy HallowWishes Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace for $84 as opposed to the Happy HallowWishes Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing for $69)? Or is it actually IN Tomorrowland Terrace (which would make sense, now that I read that back). Once, at New Year's, my family attended a Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace and then had the viewing in one of the grassed, fenced off areas in the middle of the Hub. This is what I want to try to replicate for Hallowe'en! I don't need an actual seat for the viewing, just a good view that I don't have to wait and save. We have the Cruella party booked right now, but I'm realizing that for my family, and with 2 parades offered, there is a much better chance that we will find a good view for the parade than for the fireworks which I ideally want to see from the Hub/Main Street/in front of the castle without wasting too much party time. Thanks!

The more expensive Tomorrowland Terrace is seating at Tomorrowland Terrace. The less expensive Garden is in the garden in front of the Plaza restaurant. You'll want Garden viewing.

So excited for our first party, been to Christmas, but first Halloween on Sept 24th. Me, DH and DD5. Costumes are ready and I just booked the Garden View dessert party. I am looking for some advice. We plan on arriving right around 4pm, doing some rides and such. Only M&G that would be on little one's list is Jack& Sally, but honestly if the wait is too crazy long, we could probably even skip that. Ideally, I'm thinking of seeing the fireworks with the dessert party then looking for a place to watch the second parade. Where would you suggest to watch the second parade? With doing the dessert party, I do not think we would have time to see the first parade, would we? If so where? Honestly, we probably will not be eating crazy amounts of desserts, just wanted to reserved watching spot so I am not worried about being at the food spot and killing lots of time.
I’d recommend Frontierland for the second parade. You won’t have time to do the first if you’re doing the dessert party, unless you watch from the very start of the route then hightail it to the terrace (cutting BEHIND the castle, not through the hub, or you’ll get trapped by the parade there) and will still likely end up arriving late. After the dessert party you’ll have plenty of time to grab a curbside spot in Frontierland, and possibly catch a ride in between. Then once the parade passes Frontierland you’ll have time to catch another ride or two in the area while those on Main Street are still waiting for the parade to pass by. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter